Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Could not disagree more. We lost by two points to a side played at their home ground which has been a fortress over the past couple of years. We lost two players in the first half and had a third playing on one leg. Ridiculous failure of umpires (all friggin 4 of them) to penalize Hipwood for the tunnelling of Lizzie and then the boot to McCartin's midriff resulting in goals.
On a neutral ground with things being equal, we win by 5 goals.

That tunnelling hit had the potential to break a neck. Its 50 and a report all day long IMO. Considering all the concussion hype I have no idea how that gets leniency

Amongst some bad calls that was the worst.... and they scored off the play. That's the win right there

That tunnelling hit had the potential to break a neck. Its 50 and a report all day long IMO. Considering all the concussion hype I have no idea how that gets leniency

Amongst some bad calls that was the worst.... and they scored off the play. That's the win right there
I think we all have an idea why….

Kingy reckons the surprise of the week is going to be the Dogs winning by 'some' margin.

If we get this win it'll be very very satisfying. Media is clearly backing in the potential of an even top 4 and so are barracking for Carlton and Bris to match us up the top. Took em a while to resign to the fact that we are a runaway leader, so to wind them in and then do it again would be hilarious. Just need the lads to pull through for us, the next 2 wins on the trot will sew up any doubts. Lose this week and it's going to feel like the floor is caving in a bit.

Kingy reckons the surprise of the week is going to be the Dogs winning by 'some' margin.

If we get this win it'll be very very satisfying. Media is clearly backing in the potential of an even top 4 and so are barracking for Carlton and Bris to match us up the top. Took em a while to resign to the fact that we are a runaway leader, so to wind them in and then do it again would be hilarious. Just need the lads to pull through for us, the next 2 wins on the trot will sew up any doubts. Lose this week and it's going to feel like the floor is caving in a bit.

Carlton a decent chance of losing tonight anyway.

Carlton a decent chance of losing tonight anyway.
I rekn stiff chance. Carlton have been all over Port for the last 3 years, and this one is at marvel. Port have 0 confidence against the blues and we know how soft they are. I rekn they're already looking forward to jumping back on the plane tomorrow.

I rekn stiff chance. Carlton have been all over Port for the last 3 years, and this one is at marvel. Port have 0 confidence against the blues and we know how soft they are. I rekn they're already looking forward to jumping back on the plane tomorrow.

Port have a great record at Marvel and Carlton are spluttering. They barely got over North, have TDK missing with injury, and then add on top of all of that the Friday night curse where there seems to be an upset just about every week.

Haven’t Port won 10/11 pst matches at Marvel ? Granted not against Carlton:

Port have a great record at Marvel and Carlton are spluttering. They barely got over North, have TDK missing with injury, and then add on top of all of that the Friday night curse where there seems to be an upset just about every week.
Carlton have always spluttered tho and still disposed of port quite easily the last couple of games. I just think the matchup doesn't work for port for whatever reason.

Reading our boards preview, fair chunk of our own fans seem to agree with David King

I think we either win or lose by a decent margin. Can't underestimate our a) slow starts, b) injuries, (c) the fact the Lions bashed us (as we did to them) coming back to bite us on Sunday. Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions lose for the above reasons other than (a).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills back in will help with flexibility, although I'm concerned Rowy is still out. Glad Hayward has seemingly pulled up ok though I suppose teams still being finalised tonight.

Brenton Sanderson on SEN picked the Lions by 2 points this week he says us by 20

Brenton Sanderson on SEN picked the Lions by 2 points this week he says us by 20
I'm with him Bedders.
We've had our wake up.
The Lions game was a top notch on & we toughed it out well. Just missed at the end with many things not going our way.

I think we take the Dogs this time & beat them well.

Dogs have had two strong wins in a row. Means they’re due for a stinker (she says hopefully).

I’d back us to beat them at full strength, but without Rowbottom, Papley, JMac and Rampe we’re going to need several of our players to have blinders, and we’re going to need to kick straighter at goal than we have for the last month or so.

I have us winning.
But we need to have a fit team.
Hayward is a no, no.

Why? he was sore last week and played well, I am sure after a week he is fine

Carlton have always spluttered tho and still disposed of port quite easily the last couple of games. I just think the matchup doesn't work for port for whatever reason.
Worked out OK!

It certainly did. After only what could be described as a calamity. Like 2 drunks staggering out of the pub Carlton were putrid and fell before the front gate and Port were just lucky enough to get the key in the front door.
I had a smooth passage home last night.
Had to battle to get past a handful of Port supporters though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back