Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Article in smh about Papley and Blakey doing a talk at Norths Cammeray this Wednesday night.

Good chance to check out how papley’s moving.

Blakey for sure would make a great comedian of late.

Article in smh about Papley and Blakey doing a talk at Norths Cammeray this Wednesday night.

Good chance to check out how papley’s moving.

Blakey for sure would make a great comedian of late.

They are lucky they're in NSW.

If they were Collingwood players and they did this event after the club's worst loss in 30 years they'd have tomatoes thrown at them within 90 seconds.

I said after the Freo game that they were running and we were jogging and that simply hasn't changed, surely this is something the coaches are seeing too.
Longmire (of which I have always been an avid defender of) claims he's at a loss to know what the problem is, he and the others in the box must be blind if they can't see that.
I found that response from Horse odd. I assumed he was just protecting the players against external scrutiny, and not placing the blame anywhere, but surely internally, they must have a good idea and are in the process of sorting it out.

If that's not the case, and Horse is truly at a loss as to what has gone wrong, then we've overrated his ability. Although I find that seriously implausible.

Knowing what's wrong is one thing, having strategies to fix it is another thing, and the players executing those strategies is another layer down. I hope we're at #3 and the tides are about to turn and we build our way out of this form slump through our onfield actions.

When has Longmire ever said anything remotely interesting at a presser.

His strength is man management and relationships, so he is not going to go
Malcolm Blight and call someone Pathetic .

Horse certainly didn't throw his players under the bus.

Which I suppose is credit to him .... he can't be as petulant in public as we fans are.

But behind closed doors - I certainly hope the dressing room walls are in need to a new coat of paint.

Maybe he got the guitar out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why he speaks like a fan and i enjoy his refreshing honesty.

He speaks like everyone else in the room is dumber than him and he's always dripping in condescension.

I don’t see that at all.
He just protects his players.
Having said that, most of the people in the room at his pressers are dumber than him when it comes to AFL.
That’s why they are asking questions.

I don’t see that at all.
He just protects his players.
Having said that, most of the people in the room at his pressers are dumber than him when it comes to AFL.
That’s why they are asking questions.

He talks some absolute shit. When the players were on the ground after losing to us in 2022 he said he was disappointed in them for not standing up. How is that protecting the players?

Always appears to speak down to everyone. I used to think he was being funny, but now it comes across more as arrogance.
I don't think it's arrogance. He's gone down this woke/mindfulness path and gets real giddy about his peculiar ideas, and so when he explains it he tries to get real technical and conveys it in a way where he thinks the viewer doesn't understand the subject. So it comes off like he's explaining something to a child.

He's definitely a weird cat, he thinks the whole mindfulness approach is a new frontier that he is leading the way in when really it's been a thing for quite a while now.

Last edited:
He talks some absolute shit. When the players were on the ground after losing to us in 2022 he said he was disappointed in them for not standing up. How is that protecting the players?
I don’t know.
He played one GF & won it.
So he knows more than the blokes asking the questions who have won any.
He’s not the worst is all I’m saying. Horse talked shit the other night at the presser. He could have called a few out but he didn’t.
I think Macrae is refreshing. Coach of a shit club but I’ll have him any day.
He has food the game plan to his whole list. Our players are now clearly questioning our game plan after finding out it’s bullshit once plan A gets dismantled.
McRae is still selling his snake oil or whatever it is to his players & even with players missing, they are all buying it.

I have 112 points that can be made as to why he is the ducks nuts & after our game I wish we had him.
He would talk us out of the hole.

Our list has heard all this from Horse before.
I know I’ve waffled off a little but he is by a long way the best coach in the land & smarter than most of the people he stands in front of on the topic of AFL & how it’s played to be successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back