Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN named their AA team;

Blakey BP, Gulden wing, Heeney HF.
Longmire coach.

No Chad.

I wouldn't mind the actual AA selectors thinking outside the box this year.
I don't think there is a stand out small fwd and while the team can often have midfielders jammed into the side I actually think someone like Chad would be a decent call as a FP for this season.

SEN have Dylan Moore in that role, but he and Chad have not greatly dissimilar fwd 50 stats.
Basically even on scoring shots, Chad leads I50s, whereas Moore has the advantage in I50 marks and tackles.

Possibly a bit of Sydney bias, but I just don't think Moore has had an AA quality season as a small fwd and a 'dynamic' mid would be a better option.

FWIW, comparison of their season to date;
I'd put Rankine ahead of Moore as the only small forward but they did the usual of shoehorning in too many mids. Heeney and Bont are actually good as HFF but that bench? No cut out ruck AGAIN. The second choices would beat this team.

I'd put Rankine ahead of Moore as the only small forward but they did the usual of shoehorning in too many mids. Heeney and Bont are actually good as HFF but that bench? No cut out ruck AGAIN. The second choices would beat this team.
Rankine isn't eligible as he didn't play enough games, but yep he'd be much choice if he had been.

Rankine was 1 game short

It does somewhat make sense this way because otherwise one team gets a 6 day break and one an 8 day break for the PF otherwise. Because if we'd been Friday we or GWS would have to be Friday for the SF with Port/Gee having to be the Saturday, meaning they get a longer break. But then we'd have had to be the Friday the following week meaning Por/Gee SF winner would only have a 6 day break. This way I think? Everyone gets a minimum 7 day break AND we get the Friday PF (assuming we beat the Giants) meaning we get the longer lead in to the GF.

He's explained it terribly but all he had to say was that if you work back from the assumption we make the GF and thus need the Friday PF if we win the QF, then we need to play on the Saturday for the QF to allow other teams to also get a minimum 7 day break between games.
You should be the CEO!
That sounds very reasonable and makes total sense as opposed to what that moron mumbled on about last night.

It does somewhat make sense this way because otherwise one team gets a 6 day break and one an 8 day break for the PF otherwise. Because if we'd been Friday we or GWS would have to be Friday for the SF with Port/Gee having to be the Saturday, meaning they get a longer break. But then we'd have had to be the Friday the following week meaning Por/Gee SF winner would only have a 6 day break. This way I think? Everyone gets a minimum 7 day break AND we get the Friday PF (assuming we beat the Giants) meaning we get the longer lead in to the GF.

He's explained it terribly but all he had to say was that if you work back from the assumption we make the GF and thus need the Friday PF if we win the QF, then we need to play on the Saturday for the QF to allow other teams to also get a minimum 7 day break between games.

get outa here with your fancy "logic"

Well then, it's hardly the "minor" premiership is it?

I think you're splitting hairs for the sake of making an argument where there really doesn't need to be one.

Horse was referring to other sports celebrating the side that finishes top after the season and the fact that our sport doesn't. The end.

By golly you're quick :rocket:
Downloading Nba 2K League GIF by Raptors Uprising GC

This is Adnico26Parker at home 😂

Great contributer ☺️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was a cash prize for the combined winner of the AFL and AFLW based on points? Obviously dependent on each other, but I'd say we're a reasonable shout along with maybe Brisbane? Dees, North and Crows will do well in AFLW but obviously didn't do well in AFL.

Strange comment to make when SCG members tickets haven't even gone on sale yet, but I suppose it's a foregone conclusion those will sell out too.
Hence the disclaimer to keep an eye on the socials for more tickets becoming available.
Members tickets will be a ballot more than likely , so the only possible additional would be some corporate tickets.

I might get in trouble with Bedders, not exactly sure if this is media or not, but anyway here goes.
I love this (hope it works, I'm not good at this) and the artwork is spectacular ❤️

I particularly like the us vs GWS ones. Very nicely done.

Not sure whether it has been mentioned on here but what chance would Matty Roberts have of winning the Rising Star.
Close to zero. It'll be Dempsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back