Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad/funny thing is next year we could go undefeated till the grand final and we still won’t enjoy the ride because we know that they will have all the pressure to perform in the grand final and you know deep down inside they will still falter at the last hurdle and the sad thing is, it wouldn’t surprise us.
Obviously I don't know how I'll feel next year but right now I feel like this team has broken my spirit and it will be exactly as you've described.

I cant see myself ever enjoying football as much as I did throughout this year until we win another grand final. Until then I fear I'm doomed to what port supporters go through.

Maybe I should just have a break from thinking and reading about any of this for a few days.

Obviously I don't know how I'll feel next year but right now I feel like this team has broken my spirit and it will be exactly as you've described.

I cant see myself ever enjoying football as much as I did throughout this year until we win another grand final. Until then I fear I'm doomed to what port supporters go through.

Maybe I should just have a break from thinking and reading about any of this for a few days.
The scary thing is the players will feel the same . They could go undefeated up until the gf and have zero confidence in a win. The team is broken

Also bar the odd exception anyone who thinks they won't get as invested next year or won't believe next time we make it, or won't go etc is largely kidding themselves.

I know I will be there like a sucker

I mean heck we saw this game v Port and all still believed 😂

Premiers 2025

Also bar the odd exception anyone who thinks they won't get as invested next year or won't believe next time we make it, or won't go etc is largely kidding themselves.

I know I will be there like a sucker

I mean heck we saw this game v Port and all still believed 😂

Premiers 2025
Yep slowly we will get sucked in again, just the way fandom works. Ughh

Yep slowly we will get sucked in again, just the way fandom works. Ughh

Yep well come on we sat through this shit again, every one deserves to be there when they finally work it out and win it all

I just saw live guys who couldn't do anything basic right and looked like they were scared/nervous mentally ****ed, We can say oh get better at clearances or man up in defence, or get more contested marks.

They could barely gather a ball, handball,lay a tackle, even run to compete, they look frightened.

We got the first two goals but kind of against flow and a bit arsey, Lions free against, Papley crumb.

I've seen neutrals say ground size is a thing, well Brisbane play at the Gabba, or our bottom 6 is shit, well is it? they got us here and our four all australains suck, pick Adams yeah right even if he fired he would have 0 around him, bit like Grundy.

If you cant keep your feet, if you have no awareness tackles are coming, if you are frightened/nervous in the moment you are stuffed.

Some neutrals say we will miss the finals, I don't know, its actually a talented side with youngsters coming through, probably finish top again and roll through the season and suck us all back in.

The zone defence and lack of movement forward of the ball were so glaring, just basics, non competitive, scared of the moment but also of Brisbane. Think we must focus so much on the dangers of the other team we try to avoid all the strengths, they bullied us, they broke tackles , they chased, led, ran , from their best to worst they were willing to work hard.

If you took Logan or Joel and chucked them in for Hipwood they probably snag a few goals.

This is like two sides, the Colliwobbles and the Cats early 90s.

The cats were always the underdog and second best sides and Probably unfortunate to face all time teams each time, they didnt defend at all and just tried to score more, though competed at least for a half usually.

The Colliwobbles is more like us, because until they all embraced it and admitted it was a thing they didnt do shit really.

I think this oh we are a great special group, we analysed the past and moved on, we prepared well, we don't know what happened, just abad day ...no this group just needs to admit and maybe publically, but at least to themselves, that this is now a thing. They have a problem on the big stage.

Because people outside and opposition fans say , stop making, oh my sides is better. No they aren't, over 23 games we are too good for the club's that didnt make it as we consistently show, the talent at the High end is good, even our so called suspect areas fire, I mean **** just last week we saw the talls fire well enough, this side has the talent, coaching gameplan aside it should at least be capable of competing on grand final day.

It would still sting to lose again but if Brisbane won a competitive contest and were too good on the day (well they were of course but you know what I mean) At least you could be proud the boys had a crack and did eveything they could. They gave us nothing for the third grand final in recent years from the start.

Long,pointless rant, I want to stop thinking and talking about it, just hard.

Brisbane though, they were ****ed multiple times this year, early on in the year, even on their run of wins, we were winning until late, they battled the Dees and Saints at home ffs, GWS had it won. But they found a way every time, their willingness to compete, run hard, work for each other and just keep calm and do the basics, defend well, lead and run hard to create options, move the ball and take risks (we stopped so much with ball and with leads etc) their movement, their prep, the never say die.

They exposed a fragility, from the first bounce, they knew what was at stake, body language was great, cant take nothing away from their brilliance.

the reality is that, like collingwood in the 60s and 70s you can win a lot of games at your home ground - often enough when coupled with key wins away.

but it doesnt really get things right when playing on a big stage.

whenever horse played hawthorn at the mcg, they could have a number of firsts players out and theyd kill us.

I've been watching the match again this morning. grundy being beaten by foot after the lions first goal and then daniher doing the same to grundy after the second or third goal in the second were critical moments

The sad/funny thing is next year we could go undefeated till the grand final and we still won’t enjoy the ride because we know that they will have all the pressure to perform in the grand final and you know deep down inside they will still falter at the last hurdle and the sad thing is, it wouldn’t surprise us.

Exactly this Jeffers.
For all those that questioned my negativity throughout this season, even when we were sitting clear on top, this was the reason after watching us in the 2022 GF.

Nothing changed this year. We were still getting smashed at clearances & we still couldn't defend or outmark our opponents one on one all over the ground.
So even when we were winning, I knew we weren't playing a game style that was conducive to winning a GF, last game of the year, on the big stage MCG against a team that would most likely be primed for it.

I saw nothing from our team that changed my mind since that 2022 GF. Even when smashing the oppo.
The Saints game was the one. We were all over them on the scoreboard, missed plenty shots, Heens had just kicked two goals & then Warner tried to break tackles twice & got pinged. It went back the other way & we were scored against to quickly & easily. We play this bullshit zone defence which has it's place against certain teams but it should be locked away against others.

Back to my negativity.
I used to be very positive on here after losses because we played a brutal brand of footy, hard nosed tackling etc, that I walked away from games knowing we couldn't give anymore. We had plenty moments to cheer about in games, wins & losses. Plenty!
But in our 2022 & 2024 Grand Finals I can't remember cheering a good moment after the first two goals.
NOTHING!

I'm sad I can't remember ANY good moments from 2022 & 2024 Grand Finals.
Other than how much I respect Robbie Fox for being the most resilient player on our list who gets the best out of himself on the big stage even though he is probably the last one signed most years & on the least amount of money.

To Horse & all the selectors & list managers.
Sign Robbie Fox up first & give him reasonable coin because in the last two Grand Finals, it's players like him who have given me a reminder of what I love in a player & why we buy memberships.

I will once again buy 5 priority 1 memberships in 2025 for my family asap, just because Robbie Fox gave showed me how it's done against the odds.
I hate the Harlem Globetrotter type players because pound for pound, they let you down.

Exactly this Jeffers.
For all those that questioned my negativity throughout this season, even when we were sitting clear on top, this was the reason after watching us in the 2022 GF.

Nothing changed this year. We were still getting smashed at clearances & we still couldn't defend or outmark our opponents one on one all over the ground.
So even when we were winning, I knew we weren't playing a game style that was conducive to winning a GF, last game of the year, on the big stage MCG against a team that would most likely be primed for it.

I saw nothing from our team that changed my mind since that 2022 GF. Even when smashing the oppo.
The Saints game was the one. We were all over them on the scoreboard, missed plenty shots, Heens had just kicked two goals & then Warner tried to break tackles twice & got pinged. It went back the other way & we were scored against to quickly & easily. We play this bullshit zone defence which has it's place against certain teams but it should be locked away against others.

Back to my negativity.
I used to be very positive on here after losses because we played a brutal brand of footy, hard nosed tackling etc, that I walked away from games knowing we couldn't give anymore. We had plenty moments to cheer about in games, wins & losses. Plenty!
But in our 2022 & 2024 Grand Finals I can't remember cheering a good moment after the first two goals.
NOTHING!

Other than how much I respect Robbie Fox for being the most resilient player on our list who gets the best out of himself on the big stage even though he is probably the last one signed most years & on the least amount of money.

Sign Robbie Fox up first & give him reasonable coin because in the last two Grand Finals, it's players like him who have given me a reminder of what I love in a player & why we buy memberships.

I will once again buy 5 priority 1 memberships in 2025 for my family asap, just because Robbie Fox gave showed me how it's done against the odds.
I hate the Harlem Globetrotter type players because pound for pound, they let you down.
Don’t worry! I was questioned also because of negativity. Not for one second I believed they had improved.

They did nothing to improve our slow starts throughout the year and it bit them on the arse. I got to the point where I was pleading to the club to do something about them.

No fan interaction whatsoever

I’m thinking of taking a break to be honest. All week I wasn’t able to enjoy the festivities because I had feared what could happen did

Nothing will change either until we get rid of John Longmire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've woken up after trying to move on, and instead I'm angry. After last week, the players all said they had matured and learnt from 22. Well they lied, and owe us fans massively!

They didn’t apologise for the debacle of the first Power game and I suspect this won’t occur now.

Don’t worry! I was questioned also because of negativity. Not for one second I believed they had improved.

They did nothing to improve our slow starts throughout the year and it bit them on the arse. I got to the point where I was pleading to the club to do something about them.

No fan interaction whatsoever

I’m thinking of taking a break to be honest. All week I wasn’t able to enjoy the festivities because I had feared what could happen did

Nothing will change either until we get rid of John Longmire.
Nothing changes if nothing changes

Exactly this Jeffers.

Back to my negativity.
NOTHING!

i agree with much of this

the bit i dont agree with is this - you dont have to play a contested marking style if you play fast agile forwards and your talls bring the ball to ground. richmond showed that if you have riewoldt and surround him with lots of crumbing types who apply manic pressure to chaos balls this can work. But horse stuck with a 4 tall lineup playing parker as a pseudo tall

i like parker on the ball. those days are probably over but he can play there. with the exception of punts who is the other nay sayer on the board there was a bring parker back mentality both here and in the swans crowd and when he kicks a couple of goals against north he becomes a permanent fixture in the forward line making a slow uncompetitive forward liner slower (not necessarily less competitive though)

i like robbie fox as well - but hes a super limited footballer and like when lloyd is our best and fairest it shows just how ordinary a side is when he stands out.

I know I'm venting a lot but its the only way Ive got given how cold and miserable it is today. I'd actually go for a 3 hour bike ride or play some tennis or something ...

trade chad and logan now and load up for 2027. the window with this team is open but i dont think theyll have the ability to get up and do it all again next year. rampe's speech was full of hurt but also resignation. in my view we need that speech from horse. i'd see whether we couldnt put him on the board and move on.

I’ve been a swans fan since I was 3, member for the past 15 years . And I have never been so disenfranchised with the club . I knew I hit rock bottom as a supporter when I wasn’t even angry yesterday watching the game . Not angry , not upset , definitely not surprised but just numb to it

Yes lot of respect to Robbie Fox.

One of our best players in both losses. Not overawed, consistent performance, just kept going for the whole game and doing the simple things right.

And he was so close to not even be selected.

I still can’t get over that performance

It’s honestly so embarrassing

I don’t understand 22 and 24

How do you go completely uncompetitive????

I really don’t get it
Combination of the club absolutely shittinh the bed and the psychological boost teams get when they play us. Knowing we are weak and ripe for the picking

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back