Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like the club to have a Q&A session with the supporters where they could question not only Horse but Pridham's and maybe the captains. It might be uncomfortable for them but i think its healthy that the fans have a forum where they can ask the hard questions which often journalists are reluctant to ask.
Excellent idea.

After the game yesterday I was a bit disappointed with the reaction from Horse and some of the players. I would have liked to Rodney Eade in the rooms to give the coaches and the players a mega spray. Might not have done much good but sometimes I just think we are too polite as a club. Pridham's and Harley can probably cop one as well , I get that they want finals every year and membership is growing and income etc. But fundamentally we should here to win flags not tick off kpi's and it should be the number one priority in the club.
Calming down a bit we have the nucleus of a very good team. I would argue that it's as good as we have had in a decade. There are a few areas of concern but by no means are there any reasons for a fire sale and throwing out the baby with the bath water.
But coaching wise as a lot of posters have said our clearances or lack of them kills us in big games against the better teams. Relying on turnovers through pressure acts has worked well at times during the year but combined with a zone defence the better teams can monopolize posession and without the ball we can't use our attacking midfielders and the defence gets overwhelmed. If we want to be a consistent threat to win flags it has to change and the coaches have to embrace that.
I would like the club to have a Q&A session with the supporters where they could question not only Horse but Pridham's and maybe the captains. It might be uncomfortable for them but i think its healthy that the fans have a forum where they can ask the hard questions which often journalists are reluctant to ask.

Probably only invite the fans who cheer no matter what

"John why is your nickname Horse?"

"why are you such a great coach?"

THE IRONY OF lOGAN BEING SUBBED OFF DUE TO AN INJURY HE CARRIED INTO THE gf IS NOT LOST ON ME, WITH hEENEY INJURED WE QWWERE BASICALLY 2 MEN DOWN, NO EXCUSE BUT, YEAH, MADE ANY COMEBACK HARDER.

And yet, we may recruit Jake Stringer šŸ¤¦
It worked with Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall. And before that Plugger wasn't exactly known to train the house down.
Maybe it'll work again, IDK.

I'd take him on a incentive laden contract. Pay him his 400 he's getting at Essington for two years and offer another 100 per for games played if he plays 15+, and max 150 per for team success on a sliding scale if he's playing. 150 GF win, 100 make GF, 75 Prelim, 50 Finals

Where else are we getting marks and goals from without giving up draft picks for a mediocre player? Are the dogs giving us Jamara for pick 18 and 20?

Heeney and Stringer up forward with McDonald. Sheldrick into the middle. Warner under instruction to hunt the ball instead of wait on the fringe...Sounds ok to me.

My anger has subsided just a little so some random thoughts because I need to vent (my apologies for the length, please feel free to ignore and move on):

- I walked to my seat at the MCG yesterday around lunchtime absolutely and totally confident that the boys would put in a performance to make us proud. I thought weā€™d play close to our best and win but that if we didnā€™t win the boys would still be competitive. I simply could not imagine weā€™d get 2022 version 2.0. Bloody hell, was I wrong!

- No line was even remotely competitive. I think Iā€™d have to go back to the early 90ā€™s to witness an opposition taking so many marks in our defensive 50, and doing that pretty much at will. By contrast, we didnā€™t have a functional forward line, plus what delivery into it there was was awful schoolboy stuff. We tried a little bit of the surgical low kicks to the forwards in the first and second quarters and it was painfully inaccurate. After that we gave up all pretence and reverted to our default ā€˜hoof it in long and high and hope for the bestā€™.

- I sat in Level 4 behind the Brisbane Cheer squad and had a perfect view of Brisbane running on the spread and then moving the ball cleanly and swiftly up field to kick an inevitable goal. Rarely have I seen so many unmarked opposition players ready to take an uncontested possession. The only problem that Brisbane players with the ball had was trying to decide which of the many free options they felt like kicking to. It was stunning to watch

- I want to see the player stats at 3/4 time. The stats for the 4th are irrelevant and some cheap possessions when the game was over shouldnā€™t be considered.

- Very few players were even adequate so I could focus on pretty much anyone but Gulden, Warner and Heeney were useless and, in fact, closer to a liability with the poor disposals

- Like 2022, while not great, Fox could at least say he gave it a go

- I have genuine fears for next season. This could break the club - it certainly has broken me. I wonder how theyā€™ll get up for a new season and know that even if they do well they ultimately still have to compete in a GF

- Iā€™ve never been on the ā€˜Sack Horseā€™ bandwagon, but after witnessing yesterday first hand Iā€™ve changed my mind. He needs to go, unfortunately

No Iā€™m done with going to be humiliated.

This isnā€™t true. Iā€™m not sure McLean McDonald or amartey is number 1 forward in any other team (maybe Richmond).

Iā€™m not sure our defenders are any good one on one.

Our midfield has been pantsed for 16 weeks. Maybe from Carlton or Geelong. Could Longmire at any stage suggest just try and bash it forward ? Instead watching Neale and Ashcroft just take the ball away all day like Dangerfield, like the bulldogs players in 2016.

Blakey gulden kicking was just depressing and why - because theyā€™re trying to make up for the uncompetitive nature of the forward line.
Need
Also someone sent me a pic of stewie Dew Pre game and said here's Sydney's kryptonite

Get him back maybe šŸ˜‚
Let cox to wce and get Dew back, will help as strategy and stoppages (obviously helped the lions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how the **** are we top all year , Miles ahead of the comp and get absolutely destroyed against 5th spot

We won more games than anyone else .

We still won more than brisbane this year .... woo hoo

If we have to face the Hawks and Barrass in the next couple of years Iā€™m not even sure I could bring myself to watch it after having to watch Daniher run around with the Lions yesterday .

Screw you Dodoro

Seriously how the **** are we top all year , Miles ahead of the comp and get absolutely destroyed against 5th spot

Because like every year, the pressure gets dialled up to a 11 in finals and you need players with clean hands who can win the ball in tight in the contest and make smart decisions.

Outside of Heeney, kind of, we don't have anyone like that.

It might not get you in the first or second final (sometimes it does), but eventually it catches up with you if you are so weak in that area.

Horse and many players asked during the week have we learnt from 22 , horse and rampe said both mentioned they have and the group have grown up.

I still cabt get over that performance to be honest, it was over halfway through the 2nd.

It was uncompetitive, how does it happen?

On all lines also , no winners

Just canā€™t seem to fathom it

Do other clubs generally apologise to their supporters for dismal performances? It probably wouldn't mean anything but an apology to members for the effort should be said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back