Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we shouldn't have lost today, but you cannot dispute the quality of this Lions team. Do they have a weakness? I'm not convinced they do. When you consider they've got Coleman, Doedee, McCarthy, McInerney and the younger Ashcroft to add to their team, a dynasty is there for the taking for them. Full credit to them since Fagan took over as coach. Their list management has been spectacular and they deserve this flag.

I think we were the best team across the majority of this year, but I'd 100% agree that today's Lions team was stronger than ours on paper.
In theory, we have no chance in the world to beat them for the next 5-6 years.

If ever we had a premiership handed to us before a ball was even bounced, this was it.
We faced a team that had to travel for the past two weeks and who had to fight to the last minute to get up in both those games. This is tiring,
Add to that, they were banged up. Neale couldn't even walk on Thursday. They had multiple others carrying injuries or a sore body at the least. Most importantly, they had to replace their premier ruck with a guy who had played 2 games this year.
On the other hand, we were well rested and had basically a full squad to choose from.
And we were supposedly the best team in the competition.
If we were not able to win this year, we are not likely to win until we have a completely new squad of players or a coach who has some idea of what is required to win a premiership because this one doesn't.

This if you can't even get close with those favourable conditions pack it up and forget it.

Why bother?

It wasn’t a ‘bad day’, it was the fourth abysmal performance in the most important game of the season.

It damaged our players, our supporter base and corporate support, our club brand and AFL in NSW.

We need:
  • fresh, tougher voices and ideas in our senior coaches
  • recruit Key Position Players
  • draft some hard bodies
  • harden up our team with more time in the gym, intense competitive training and the inclusion of a combat martial art

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Maybe a bit more wrestling could do the trick. ;)

Won't happen but Horse has to step aside..surely.somebody has to be held responsible for '14, '16, '22 and '24? Been a great H & A coach for sure but record membership or not 4 consecutive grand final appearances ending in disaster means somebody has to held accountable. Either he steps aside or one massive media spin by marketing to try to fool the donkeys. Never use to be full of clicks backslapping each other but that's the go now it seems.

Paul Roos was on the ABC Daily podcast and is worth a listen , maybe for this discussion and not the media one . He said we have lost our hardness and must change personal

you and i agree and have agreed i think for many years that one of the biggest mistakes was choosing naismith over nankervis. Of course the other one was prioritising buddy over mummy. There must have been other players that could have been let go of first.

we desperatly need someone who is going hurt someone, not just run around them. running around them is all very well until there is a ball to be won

Paul Roos was on the ABC Daily podcast and is worth a listen , maybe for this discussion and not the media one . He said we have lost our hardness and must change personal

Yeah but last week he tipped us by a point and said we are the best in it, didn't mention worried about hardness then

More about our D&A still a good season , have a listen go off here for 14 minutes like i did

Just get Roos back and piss Longmire off will do me

you and i agree and have agreed i think for many years that one of the biggest mistakes was choosing naismith over nankervis. Of course the other one was prioritising buddy over mummy. There must have been other players that could have been let go of first.

we desperatly need someone who is going hurt someone, not just run around them. running around them is all very well until there is a ball to be won

Im not blaming blakey but his play acting for the goal just on quarter time to accentuate the contact was not helpful. He was entitled to think he should have got a free - and he should have - but its no bloody good to rub your head ruefully. We needed him to show how big and tough he was and that if this was how the match was to be umpired to show the umpire he could be bigger and tougher

Demons also looking at Rory Sloane to come on board . This bit will be interesting. Pridham said on the night that no one died , nothing will be changed , well maybe he's been there too long as well !

Im not blaming blakey but his play acting for the goal just on quarter time to accentuate the contact was not helpful. He was entitled to think he should have got a free - and he should have - but its no bloody good to rub your head ruefully. We needed him to show how big and tough he was and that if this was how the match was to be umpired to show the umpire he could be bigger and tougher
And he didn't chase after that , just sooked

Was it a free ? either way play the whistle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eh yuck just rewatched the Blakey playing for free , maybe it was there but the whole ****en team stopped

that's almost where it turned imo early on

yuck why'd i rewatch that 😂

Just get Roos back and piss Longmire off will do me
In all honesty I would ask him what it would take to get him back as head coach.

Reckon he could sort it in 1 season to be honest.

Demons also looking at Rory Sloane to come on board . This bit will be interesting. Pridham said on the night that no one died , nothing will be changed , well maybe he's been there too long as well !

Nothing will be changed...

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting the same result

Nothing will be changed...

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting the same result

Same thing over and over again...

Marks Tackles
155 v 88 64 v 45 - 2024
124 v 62 56 v 65 - 2022
73 v 91 92 v 101 - 2016
105 v 67 57 v 63 - 2014
56 v 69 84 v 110 - 2012

Only 2 GF we out marked the opposition which led to a premiership & a close game. Both games also had elite tackle pressure. How do the coaches not see this trend? Out mark Sydney & the premiership is yours.

That is an overreaction.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Sensible decisions need to be taken at sensible intervals.

We have a team that gets to GFs.
We need a serious intervention as to why we fail on the big stage.

Sack Horse. Trade Warner for my dinkie just does not cut it. I get all you guys are as unbelievably just in a vacuum as to why we just don't do it on GF day. But sacking everyone and trading everyone for Wines is not a solution.

I think we are close to a GF win. Maybe close to 4. The pain will subside but the answers to why. That is elusive at this stage. Don't do the stuff that weak clubs do. Don't give up on your club. The players are hurting too. If you give up then you were not really one of us. Supporters support. Breathe. Take time out. It is just a game. But it is also very important to many of us including me.

I just had surgery on cutting some cancer from my colon on Tuesday. I was in a lot of pain through to Thursday and I got off a lot of the drips hanging off my arms. Friday I was walking around the hospital wards geeing everyone up for the GF. My surgery had gone well. But I hit a snag. My digestive system just stopped. I had piled a lot of food in and it was just sitting in my stomach doing nothing but bloating me. So I asked for some laxatives to get rid of the food in my stomach. So for most of the GF I was in the shitter trying to get rid of 3 day old food. I was in pain. The GF was going on and I could not care. It was a shit of a day which ever way you look at it.

That is an overreaction.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Sensible decisions need to be taken at sensible intervals.

We have a team that gets to GFs.
We need a serious intervention as to why we fail on the big stage.

Sack Horse. Trade Warner for my dinkie just does not cut it. I get all you guys are as unbelievably just in a vacuum as to why we just don't do it on GF day. But sacking everyone and trading everyone for Wines is not a solution.

I think we are close to a GF win. Maybe close to 4. The pain will subside but the answers to why. That is elusive at this stage. Don't do the stuff that weak clubs do. Don't give up on your club. The players are hurting too. If you give up then you were not really one of us. Supporters support. Breathe. Take time out. It is just a game. But it is also very important to many of us including me.

I just had surgery on cutting some cancer from my colon on Tuesday. I was in a lot of pain through to Thursday and I got off a lot of the drips hanging off my arms. Friday I was walking around the hospital wards geeing everyone up for the GF. My surgery had gone well. But I hit a snag. My digestive system just stopped. I had piled a lot of food in and it was just sitting in my stomach doing nothing but bloating me. So I asked for some laxatives to get rid of the food in my stomach. So for most of the GF I was in the shitter trying to get rid of 3 day old food. I was in pain. The GF was going on and I could not care. It was a shit of a day which ever way you look at it.
Take care Rusty , hope it works out well . It's anger that's all

One thing that is absolutely disgusting is that this same team that was thrashed in 2022, just accepted it again . Sometimes you have off days and that’s fine. But to be physically dominated , made to look intimidated and weak again is one of the most poorest things I have seen in sport .

Not one of the 23 pea hearts was willing to draw a line in the sand and say not to today. We may lose but you will not physically humiliate and intimidate us this time .

Not one. This current team is an absolute shit stain on the bloods culture and history.

One thing that is absolutely disgusting is that this same team that was thrashed in 2022, just accepted it again . Sometimes you have off days and that’s fine. But to be physically dominated , made to look intimidated and weak again is one of the most poorest things I have seen in sport .

Not one of the 23 pea hearts was willing to draw a line in the sand and say not to today. We may lose but you will not physically humiliate and intimidate us this time .

Not one. This current team is an absolute shit stain on the bloods culture and history.
That is anger. It is not constructive.

Totally agree.

Absolute embarrassment.

How did we just let Brisbane waltz out of the middle time and time again? Lay a f****** tackle. Lay a f****** legal bump, DO SOMETHING.

How did we not think in the back of our minds, geez this is gonna turn in 22' all over again, we need to do something ASAP.

We just laid down and let them walk all over us. Actually embarrassing.

Fox was good in both the 2022 and 2024 Grand Finals so I would not include him in that.

Totally agree.

Absolute embarrassment.

How did we just let Brisbane waltz out of the middle time and time again? Lay a f****** tackle. Lay a f****** legal bump, DO SOMETHING.
Yep, the end of the 2nd quarter... I believe we only won one centre clearance which ended up being a behind. Then they score a goal not long after. Midfield, midfield, midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back