Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching on Saturday, they appeared to be working much much harder than us. Why that would be the case I have no idea.

Yea but it's been the case since 2014, opposition just kick mark & win easily. Surely it's our gameplan having a big influence too. We've been beaten comprehensively the same way in multiple grand finals now.

Totally agree.

Absolute embarrassment.

How did we just let Brisbane waltz out of the middle time and time again? Lay a f****** tackle. Lay a f****** legal bump, DO SOMETHING.

How did we not think in the back of our minds, geez this is gonna turn in 22' all over again, we need to do something ASAP.

We just laid down and let them walk all over us. Actually embarrassing.
This upsets me the most. I would've thought someone, ANYONE would say "enough, we've gone down this path before, not THIS time"....
But no one did, they just capitulated and as a result, in my mind at least, we are the laughing stock of the league.
The renowned Bloods Legend is dead 😥

This upsets me the most. I would've thought someone, ANYONE would say "enough, we've gone down this path before, not THIS time"....
But no one did, they just capitulated and as a result, in my mind at least, we are the laughing stock of the league.
Someone like Gulden needs to take charge of this team. This is the time for a leader to stand up and take charge.

When all is down, when there is no hope, this is the time that leaders are born and grow and develop into champions.

Gulden. Your time is now.

Swans as a club ripped a new one on the AFL website today. Can't say it's not deserved.

Florent got a lot of criticism from Matthew Lloyd for the 3rd Lohman goal early in the 2nd quarter.

But from the top down view, you can see so many Swans players just jogging slowly and not covering their man. Gulden is with Lohman and he just stops and stands at half way when Lohman keeps running forward to receive the ball to kick the goal.

And this is 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter when we were 7 points down.

I feel sorry for our fans who traveled down. But there were a few of our players who did not deserve to be Premiers. So I feel a lot of respect to the Brisbane players who earned the Premiership with their attitude and how they played.

Last edited:
That is an overreaction.
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Sensible decisions need to be taken at sensible intervals.

We have a team that gets to GFs.
We need a serious intervention as to why we fail on the big stage.

Sack Horse. Trade Warner for my dinkie just does not cut it. I get all you guys are as unbelievably just in a vacuum as to why we just don't do it on GF day. But sacking everyone and trading everyone for Wines is not a solution.

I think we are close to a GF win. Maybe close to 4. The pain will subside but the answers to why. That is elusive at this stage. Don't do the stuff that weak clubs do. Don't give up on your club. The players are hurting too. If you give up then you were not really one of us. Supporters support. Breathe. Take time out. It is just a game. But it is also very important to many of us including me.

I just had surgery on cutting some cancer from my colon on Tuesday. I was in a lot of pain through to Thursday and I got off a lot of the drips hanging off my arms. Friday I was walking around the hospital wards geeing everyone up for the GF. My surgery had gone well. But I hit a snag. My digestive system just stopped. I had piled a lot of food in and it was just sitting in my stomach doing nothing but bloating me. So I asked for some laxatives to get rid of the food in my stomach. So for most of the GF I was in the shitter trying to get rid of 3 day old food. I was in pain. The GF was going on and I could not care. It was a shit of a day which ever way you look at it.
Thank you for adding some perspective to our GF loss.

I hope you make a fast and full recovery.

Gulden was nowhere to be seen

Not sure he has leadership qualities like some seem to think
He lost all his run shortly after talking about playing a full game without a break. It was all very weird. Wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying an injury.

Unfortunately, it’s not just in your mind. We are indeed the laughing stock of the league - and the media and the football community in general. And with good reason too.

In 2012 Hawthorn were the better team - on paper, based on the season. We beat them because Longmire instilled in them the mindset of being the rabid hunters. (And yes, maybe we had a bit of luck too. In close games there’s always a bit of luck.)

That he was able to win the one we probably shouldn’t have makes the next four all the more galling. It’s as if the team goes in expecting to be hunted, rather than with the mindset of the hunter, but then has no defences when it transpires.

I’ve realised that the loss to the Dogs in 2016 now rates as the highlight of a decade of grand finals. That is a depressing thought.
Maybe the team was still under the influence of Roos, seeing as he handed over the reins only a couple of years prior.

Unfortunately, it’s not just in your mind. We are indeed the laughing stock of the league - and the media and the football community in general. And with good reason too.
We deserve every bit of vitriol and mocking we get tbh.

Maybe day 1 of pre season the coaches can get a compilation of clips together and show it to the players to bring some sort of response or motivation to respond next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone like Gulden needs to take charge of this team. This is the time for a leader to stand up and take charge.

When all is down, when there is no hope, this is the time that leaders are born and grow and develop into champions.

Gulden. Your time is now.
If a potential leader wanted to show they were the best man for the job there was no better time to do that than Saturday afternoon and, particularly, anytime during the first half.

Gulden totally failed to take that opportunity.

To be honest it happened so quickly. We were ten points down then 46 points down in about ten minutes.

The real issue here is coaching. This has happened multiple times this year. We don’t seem to have any sort of strategy to slow the game down and maybe there isn’t a way too given we couldn’t win it at stoppages and couldn’t lay a tackle

But it seemed to me that all year long we just said we are just going to have to apply more pressure and they will turn it over.

Even against lowly st kilda we seemed unable to prevent them from getting a run on and had no way of changing the game into a. Grind. But it’s got to be a strategy going forward. Kick it in the ground and get numbers forward if you need. Just stop thinking that having ten guys around the ball is going to allow you to hand ball the way out. Because until we have Patrick crops or Kachin Beale we do t have anyone to get it when the chips are down

Florent got a lot of criticism from Matthew Lloyd for the 3rd Lohman goal early in the 2nd quarter.

But from the top down view, you can see so many Swans players just jogging slowly and not covering their man. Gulden is with Lohman and he just stops and stands at half way when Lohman keeps running forward to receive the ball to kick the goal.

And this is 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter when we were 7 points down.

I feel sorry for our fans who traveled down. But there were a few of our players who did not deserve to be Premiers. So I feel a lot of respect to the Brisbane players who earned the Premiership with their attitude and how they played.
That clip showed a lot of Lloyd’s limitations as a critic. Flirent may well be deserving of criticism but that one was 100% on gulden for just letting lohrmann run off.

I sort of understand as rampe was actually favoured by the kick and there is no doubt that Bailey pushed rampe in the back and it should have been a free. But the gulden of the back end of last year would have sprinted back and sprinted forward. He would have outworked his opponent.

He 100% sought to cheat there and the team and Ollie florent copped the criticism that was rightly his

This reads a bit dismissive, not sure Fox deserves it tbh.

I am a bit dismissive of him, he was solid that's it.

Most were shithouse so he is better than most .

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back