Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think sometimes a game can be summed up with an image.

In 2022 when we went down to the MCG and beat the then-top of the table Melbourne, our pressure that night was just out of this world. I remember saving this picture I saw from that game. It was just so cool - Petracca, surrounded on all sides by Swans, about to get swarmed on, as he was all night that night.

View attachment 2128257

I saw this image from Saturday and it was quite striking, for one simple reason: WHERE ARE ALL THE SWANS?!

View attachment 2128258
Rigidly sticking to their zone, rather than hunting the Sherrin and being accountable to their opponent.

The only positive about this game is that the only real supporters watching this Grand Final ever again are Lions fans, even then, they'll agree we were witches hats and not much of a spectacle.

Maybe there needs to be a documentary made about the Swans road to Grand Final capitulations this decade?

Paul Roos is honest, we've lost the grunt and look like a bag of shit on the weekend. Certainly not "Bloods" culture in his eyes, past player or the members.

Was looking at my pics, photos only capture a moment but it's quite telling in hindsight how organised Brisbane are at the anthem and we have guys looking around, picking their nose etc etc View attachment 2128168
Gulden's body language at the parade was embarrassing.

I think sometimes a game can be summed up with an image.

In 2022 when we went down to the MCG and beat the then-top of the table Melbourne, our pressure that night was just out of this world. I remember saving this picture I saw from that game. It was just so cool - Petracca, surrounded on all sides by Swans, about to get swarmed on, as he was all night that night.

View attachment 2128257

I saw this image from Saturday and it was quite striking, for one simple reason: WHERE ARE ALL THE SWANS?!

View attachment 2128258

You know what it shows? Heeney, Mills, Rowbottom in the trenches. Make it happen again in 2025.

Gulden's body language at the parade was embarrassing.

It's odd they were soo relaxed once they arrived in Melb because while in Sydney, everything was business like. Their comments & thoughts towards the game, flying down via a jet etc. Their was a purpose & focus to the GF that imo reduced once they arrived in Melb. Maybe seeing all the fans, media etc. over here made them a bit too relaxed?

It's odd they were soo relaxed once they arrived in Melb because while in Sydney, everything was business like. Their comments & thoughts towards the game, flying down via a jet etc. Their was a purpose & focus to the GF that imo reduced once they arrived in Melb. Maybe seeing all the fans, media etc. over here made them a bit too relaxed?

I guess maybe 2022 they felt they got overawed and took things seriously and focused on enjoying the week, being themselves, embracing the week, smiling and being happy.

Or maybe they got some hypnosis and thought they were chickens.

Apparently on abc Caro and the panel reported Brisbane were fine with the logistics of the grand final, but Sydney complained, questioned and whinged about flights, accommodation, busses etc

I thought flying private was a good move & haven't we always stayed in the same accom in melb? Not sure about the validity of this story but then again we had a sook about Greene making fun of Heeney. So who knows?

Apparently on abc Caro and the panel reported Brisbane were fine with the logistics of the grand final, but Sydney complained, questioned and whinged about flights, accommodation, busses etc
After their efforts next time they fly down for a grand final it should be on the wings of the plane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And by fans, not the ones who can afford the dinner, the ones who struggle to get their ticket and look forward to it, make the players see the disappointment!

Billet then out to fans, Bedford can have Papley and Chad. Mister B will let Gulden crash on the floor

The only positive about this game is that the only real supporters watching this Grand Final ever again are Lions fans, even then, they'll agree we were witches hats and not much of a spectacle.

Maybe there needs to be a documentary made about the Swans road to Grand Final capitulations this decade?

Paul Roos is honest, we've lost the grunt and look like a bag of shit on the weekend. Certainly not "Bloods" culture in his eyes, past player or the members.
I'm going to watch the replay.. I swept the last 3 under the carpet but I'm so angry about this one.

Love you mate as always so spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back