Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt we have the same divine injury run next year so the clubs mantra 'we did some much right' will be shown up for what it is 'hope mining'. Let's get out of this essendon mode asap. This group have been out scored by 23 goals in the last 8 quarters of GFs. Selling hope is marketing spin. They let each other down - twice.

I doubt we have the same divine injury run next year so the clubs mantra 'we did some much right' will be shown up for what it is 'hope mining'. Let's get out of this essendon mode asap. This group have been out scored by 23 goals in the last 8 quarters of GFs. Selling hope is marketing spin. They let each other down - twice.
Brisbane did it

I must be the odd one out. I’ve moved on after a week. We have no control over how the game is played, coaching, list management. The only thing I can do and will continue to do is support the club like I have for the last 4 decades.

Half glass full but I’d rather not be back watching 26 game losing streaks, back to back to back spoons, or having high end draft picks head back home after their initial contract. I’ll have to accept someone loses in grand finals (wish it wasn’t us).

It will take a huge effort to get back to a grand final in 2025. If there is any club that can do it will be the Swans.

I must be the odd one out. I’ve moved on after a week. We have no control over how the game is played, coaching, list management. The only thing I can do and will continue to do is support the club like I have for the last 4 decades.

Half glass full but I’d rather not be back watching 26 game losing streaks, back to back to back spoons, or having high end draft picks head back home after their initial contract. I’ll have to accept someone loses in grand finals (wish it wasn’t us).

It will take a huge effort to get back to a grand final in 2025. If there is any club that can do it will be the Swans.
I'll be supporting the club obviously, but the club should never accept that someone just has to lose grand finals, pathetically in our case, and it might be us (on repeat). If it looks like they do accept it (on repeat), then there'll be plenty of us venting and analysing it on here.

Fortunately following some other sports makes it slightly easier to move on. For me I was miserable for a few days, then realised well it could be worse my cousin follows the NY Jets in the NFL.

love the response. im a glass half empty man myself

As I mentioned I'm moving into "testing" where you look for solutions and "the way forward". That does involve researching what went wrong but it needs to be objective cool analysis. Not easy to do in the swamp of emotion. Hopefully Harley can get it as right as is possible.

Fortunately following some other sports makes it slightly easier to move on. For me I was miserable for a few days, then realised well it could be worse my cousin follows the NY Jets in the NFL.
This would work for me if I wasn't an Adelaide United member for the A-League. Don't talk to me about list management...

This would work for me if I wasn't an Adelaide United member for the A-League. Don't talk to me about list management...

Wouldn’t even know don’t really follow domestic soccer/football

As I mentioned I'm moving into "testing" where you look for solutions and "the way forward". That does involve researching what went wrong but it needs to be objective cool analysis. Not easy to do in the swamp of emotion. Hopefully Harley can get it as right as is possible.

I'm into the "corporate speak is just going to p*ss me off even more" phase.

Phrases like "this doesn't define us" is red rag to a bull stuff.

Chad flogging mattresses & Heeney jumping on Petracca to sell Colgate is not doing my mood any good either.

And all the public statements around Horse being secure in the job .... hello Sack Hinkley.

I haven't moved on. If anything, the frustration has grown with every passing "lots of clubs would love to make 4 Grand Finals" type statement.

Truth is - part of me wants to see us bite the bullet and trade Chad. It'd probably be shooting ourselves in the foot, but it'd at least be SOMETHING to satisfy my need to see change as a result of the GF.

I'm into the "corporate speak is just going to p*ss me off even more" phase.

Phrases like "this doesn't define us" is red rag to a bull stuff.

Chad flogging mattresses & Heeney jumping on Petracca to sell Colgate is not doing my mood any good either.

And all the public statements around Horse being secure in the job .... hello Sack Hinkley.

I haven't moved on. If anything, the frustration has grown with every passing "lots of clubs would love to make 4 Grand Finals" type statement.

Truth is - part of me wants to see us bite the bullet and trade Chad. It'd probably be shooting ourselves in the foot, but it'd at least be SOMETHING to satisfy my need to see change as a result of the GF.
I'm at the point where I am so numb I don't feel anything at all. But Apple is trying their best to help me feel pain again, god bless their souls.:)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back