Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, I'm not in the Sack Horse immediately camp, I think he has one year left of my patience. No contract renewal until after the season's end. We need to win a flag, or show that we are adapting to a style that might win one and make a good fist of it (with only injuries or other external factors stopping us).

If we don't and we don't show that we are taking winning flags as seriously as we should, then it's time for Horse to go. I can empathise with those who think 3 absolute failures of grand finals is enough chances though.

People mock the Sack Hinkley thread and that section of Port fans, and while I may disagree with some of the rhetoric, they deserve a medal having to put up with the club's lack of ambition and the section of the fan base that tolerates continual failure, and dismisses them as whingers.
Yeah, one more year sounds fair. He’s been there a long time and we will need a refresh and a new perspective eventually. I just don’t see anyone better at the moment. Cox, to me, doesn’t look ready to step up and none of the other names bandied about inspire me with confidence. People bringing up Stuart Dew and Adam Simpson… I mean, for god’s sake!

I don’t see why we couldn’t challenge again next year. The nucleus is there, we just need some canny top up trades to get us over the line. Like Taylor Adams, but actually good. If we don’t recruit well this off season, I can only see an average year that peters out like 23 did. I think Horse will walk willingly if that happens.

Yeah, one more year sounds fair. He’s been there a long time and we will need a refresh and a new perspective eventually. I just don’t see anyone better at the moment. Cox, to me, doesn’t look ready to step up and none of the other names bandied about inspire me with confidence. People bringing up Stuart Dew and Adam Simpson… I mean, for god’s sake!

I don’t see why we couldn’t challenge again next year. The nucleus is there, we just need some canny top up trades to get us over the line. Like Taylor Adams, but actually good. If we don’t recruit well this off season, I can only see an average year that peters out like 23 did. I think Horse will walk willingly if that happens.
I doubt we bring anyone that established in. And yes, we can certainly get back to the grand final next year, but whether we do anything other than get flogged again is an open question.

I mean, Dew was with us when we won our last flag, and with the Lions this season when they turned it around...

Simpson was with Hawthorn at the start of their 3 peat, got the Eagles to a flag a few years after what was then a fairly big loss in 2015. The Eagles thought their window was open longer than it was, and paid the price. Up to the admin and list management as much as the coach.

In any case, these have been mentioned as assistant coaches for the most part to get fresh ideas into what increasingly appears like a coaching group that doesn't know what to do at the pointy end, or to prepare a team that can perform there.

Brisbane have by far the better key position players. We don’t have a beast like Lochie Neale, we don’t have a Harris Andrews and we don’t have a fairly reliable forward like Daniher. We have a flashy high scoring midfield when things are going well, but they collectively tend to disappear when we struggle and we have obvious deficiencies all over the ground. We very much overperformed in the first half of the season, while Brisbane underperformed terribly, even accounting for their injuries. Things just reverted to the mean the longer the season went.

Brisbane were one of the clear favourites to win the flag before the season started because they legitimately have an excellent list. No one had us anywhere close to the grand final. Brisbane’s list is genuinely deeper and better than ours at present.

It’s really strange how some of you are handling the loss on here. It’s just been ceaseless hyperbole and unrestrained rage, and it honestly does my head in. As disappointing as the GF was, the overwhelming negativity and total lack of perspective on here is even more so. I used to think we had one of the best fan bases in the AFL. Now I realise we’re no better than Port in this respect.

But please, continue lynching everyone associated with the club. Don’t mind me. I’m just a happy clapper after all.
I think pretty much the main rule on this forum is no personal insults, so I think we are all entitled to react however we feel, as long as it's not taking a swipe at another poster.
So therefore, you feel free to keep on happy clapping and I'll feel free to keep on raging.

You used to be cool.
I'm sorry 😞
That's a really nice thing to say.

Two weeks on and I'm still angry, I just can't move on. I never remember being this pissed off about something ever!
I know how stupid that sounds. In life I am a genuine glass half full person and I'm very definitely not someone that holds a grudge or maintains the rage and I don't struggle with any form of mental illness, but I'm pretty much still as filthy on the team today as I was this time two weeks ago.

A Little group of us are going on that damned Swans cruise in January, hope I've moved on by then!

Last edited:
I disagree. Horse has had more success over a longer period of time. Brisbane hadn’t won a grand final since 2003 until this year. But Fagan wins one with a clearly superior list and that suddenly makes him a “way better coach”? Such ****ing drivel.

Don’t get me wrong, Fagan’s a good coach, but Brisbane almost found a way to screw it up this season. That team really shouldn’t be finishing 5th in the regular season with the players at their disposal.
Turn it up he lost 4 or 5 players to serious knee injuries , he's a bloody good coach and person and so is Horse apart from GF's

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back