Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a few books from the 05 era which state past players and families were in the rooms after the Prelim win after the Saints.

I don’t think we have changed our methods after the preliminary final wins all that much. It is a mentality issue between the different eras.
I think we were harder mentally , infract we were

I think we were harder mentally , infract we were
Exactly right. Got more out of ourselves. Went harder for longer. Refused to give ourselves excuses. I was out of the country for 05 and 06 but was there for the other four except 16. The moments I remember best from 12 were the effort and courage and getting up again moments. And Reid's perfect goal. All uplifting. Irresistible.

Exactly right. Got more out of ourselves. Went harder for longer. Refused to give ourselves excuses. I was out of the country for 05 and 06 but was there for the other four except 16. The moments I remember best from 12 were the effort and courage and getting up again moments. And Reid's perfect goal. All uplifting. Irresistible.

We had some ridiculous pressure rating for 2012 GF. Think it was 250 or something when we avg 200. I've probably got the numbers wrong but it was way above our normal elite pressure. I just don't see that type of pressure enough in our current team. We've spoken about it but haven't delivered it consistently imo.

We had some ridiculous pressure rating for 2012 GF. Think it was 250 or something when we avg 200. I've probably got the numbers wrong but it was way above our normal elite pressure. I just don't see that type of pressure enough in our current team. We've spoken about it but haven't delivered it consistently imo.
Were there pressure ratings in 12 , never heard of it

I always thought the pressure rating they showed on TV was just the total amount of pressure acts a team has had.

But apparently we had a pressure rating of 158 in the GF yet I just added all our pressure acts up from the game and it was 241.

So **** knows.

I will just throw this out there... Isaac Heeney - 4 pressure acts. Not a typo.

I always thought the pressure rating they showed on TV was just the total amount of pressure acts a team has had.

But apparently we had a pressure rating of 158 in the GF yet I just added all our pressure acts up from the game and it was 241.

So **** knows.

It's CD bullshit

It's CD bullshit
Wouldn't it make so much more sense if they just did it the way I thought it was done though?

That way when it flashes up on the TV screen people can look at their AFL app and see the pressure acts and that it is all correct, instead of just hearing some random number as a pressure rating with no explanation and being like

confused gerry dee GIF by CBC

So **** knows.

As if you have found out - it's not

CD explain it here

TL;DW - it's basically how much pressure each opposition's disposal was under. They have classified 4 different types of pressure acts, and the points they assign to it: (specific definitions here - https://www.championdata.com/glossary/afl)
  • Physical 375 points
  • Closing 225
  • Chasing 150
  • Corralling 120
Also
  • No pressure 100
  • Set kick 75
The Pressure Rating is the average pressure points of every single disposal. So theoretically the max is 375 and the min is 75.

So **** knows.

He was buggered mate, we all know that. Fit, he's a machine. A few others that would be a fair comment.

He was buggered mate, we all know that. Fit, he's a machine. A few others that would be a fair comment.
Oh yeah I wasn't having a go at him. More just making a general point that the guy who was 3rd at the club for pressure acts this season had 4 on the day, and we wondered why things went south in that area.

Oh yeah I wasn't having a go at him. More just making a general point that the guy who was 3rd at the club for pressure acts this season had 4 on the day, and we wondered why things went south in that area.
Didn't come across that way though. Not to say you shouldn't if you thought that was how it was.
Watching Harry trying to cover 2 or 3 Brisbane attackers all by himself absolutely did my head in. Where were his "mates"? Have a go at them all day long with my blessing. Or the midfielders jogging after their opponents streamed past.
Getting past that has been a real effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back