Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney has built it's success, partly by building long tenures among coaches.

Horse has been a very good home and away coach.

But the question must now be asked : how can anyone have any confidence in us winning a grand final with horse at the helm?

Our teams roll up flat, year after year.

Unbelievable.

Mentally shot

Need huge changes to change this

Just to go out with a whimper. Again.

Beaten by a team outside the four. Again.

Playing an injured player. Again.

Game done and dusted at half time. Again.

If we go undefeated in 2025, we would still lose the GF.

So disappointed

This was our season. Best team in the comp, well rested against a bettered team. No reason for such a poor performance.

Credit to Brisbane, they were brilliant in the second quarter but we had no idea what we were doing.

After so many losses I'm numb to it all now. Hard to get excited and dumped on time and time again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heinous.

You feel like giving up on footy in a way, because how are we actually ever going to win a flag? We can't even gather our heads enough to even be competitive, let alone good. It'll be in the boys heads now, and it is officially "a thing." So, that'll be fun.

Thank you Rowbottom for showing up. Worked his absolute arse off, the only guy bringing real heat. 19 touches, 10 clearances and 12 cont. possessions is a genuinely good game. The only guy who looked capable in the contest, and his goal was clutch. So kudos to him. Fox, Florent & Grundy tried hard but had no real impact.

Defence a shambles, not enough winners in the midfield, just nothing at ground level inside 50.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Now we cop it because our side is useless under pressure

they will suck me back in next year

break from
big footy **** it

i'm shattered by that

lions just way too good but our shitnesss
made it worse

they can talk all they want the hurt doesn't drive them nothing works

bye horse

when's tassie in 😂

Brisbane was way too good.

But with hindsight I don't think we should have played Fox as a forward. If you select Fox, you play him in defence. Otherwise start Campbell as a quicker player in our forward line.

Also seem to lack a bit of depth in our inside midfield. We have got Rowbottom, Heeney and Warner. But then we rely on Gulden, Jordan and Parker (who was forward). So could have done with another natural inside mid rotating through. But that has been our structure all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back