Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Zorko is on fire and my DT is grateful
Zorko is too old. He is fast becoming the new Liam Anthony.

Brandon Ellis (RICH), Sam Shaw (ADEL), Daniel Talia (ADEL) are the main contenders given that all the un-nominated but still eligible GWS players played badly. Good thing Tory Dickson (WB) is too old as well. Having said that, a Round 11/12/13 nom is pretty cheap given there are only 6 games.

I dont really understand the fuss about receiving a nomination for the Rising Star award?? I read constantly on this forum about the AFL and Victorian bias media always ignoring our youngsters, well their loss I say, as long as the coaching staff see the talent and hard work being put in and we as fans can see genuine improvement amongst our young brigade I couldnt give a stuff if we ever received a nod or not.....

But big ups to Jenny for the nod this week, Premiership Fullback in our 2014/2015 back to back run :p ,I see a lot of Darren Glass in him, albeit with a slightly better offensive side to his game, loving his improvement :thumbsu:

Dewy I think we are more happy for Talia that he's getting the recognition he deserves, will do wonders for his confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But imagine Talia at FB and Fiscal Phil at CHB. They would have made droolworthy combination. :thumbsu:

I think we'll feel Davis' defection most when Truck finishes up.

Right on the money, fatty!! :thumbsu:

You just can't under-estimate the value of having the key defensive posts locked down each week.

For many years now, when the match committee picks its team, the name Rutten automatically slots into FB.

Previously they also had the luxury that the name Bock automatically went into CHB, then Davis and now Talia - and a very worthy winner of the Rising Star nom is our Jenny!!

But once Rutten retires, that automatic permanent rock in defence will be gone. As of now, there is no-one on our list IMO that can even be trained up to take his role.

Sure, Talia can be moved to FB, but that leaves a hole at CHB, which is not surprising seeing that we have been deserted by 2 of them in succession.

A mobile attacking minded KPD is an essential at the end of the year, either by trade or draft, so that we avoid what currently will be a void once Rutten retires. Its a must IMO

Dewy I think we are more happy for Talia that he's getting the recognition he deserves, will do wonders for his confidence.

He has had a very good start to the year and the improvement has been very impressive, Im a huge fan of his, but do you really think he'll take more confidence from a nomination for a fluff award from the AFL?, or rather that the faith Sando has in him playing on the oppositions No 1 forward every week would buoy his confidence?

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy when our youngsters get a nom, but I also don't lose any sleep when they are overlooked, I enjoy them flying under the radar...

Right on the money, fatty!! :thumbsu:

You just can't under-estimate the value of having the key defensive posts locked down each week.

For many years now, when the match committee picks its team, the name Rutten automatically slots into FB.

Previously they also had the luxury that the name Bock automatically went into CHB, then Davis and now Talia - and a very worthy winner of the Rising Star nom is our Jenny!!

But once Rutten retires, that automatic permanent rock in defence will be gone. As of now, there is no-one on our list IMO that can even be trained up to take his role.

Sure, Talia can be moved to FB, but that leaves a hole at CHB, which is not surprising seeing that we have been deserted by 2 of them in succession.

A mobile attacking minded KPD is an essential at the end of the year, either by trade or draft, so that we avoid what currently will be a void once Rutten retires. Its a must IMO
I'm liking the thought of trading for Mitch Brown more and more. West Coast will likely have Glass for another two, then McKenzie, Schofield, Brennan and McGinnity. Only three of those six can play in any given week and with Brown's unfortunate injuries I doubt he'll get much of a look in for another year. Discipline is another thing all together, but if we could get him over for a decent price I'd be happy.

Maybe she's lost a bit of weight?? New exercise routine? Firmer thighs and buttocks?

87599_preview-american-next-top-model-tahlia-exposes-her-burns-march-3-2009.jpg
ha ha ha....or should i go a a a a without the H/

Or we already have one on the list that has not been given a chance this year but showed good signs last year.

Luke Thompson was pretty good last year and he has the tools to be a good CHB. I would like to see him come in and play a few games this year to get more experience. His form in the SANFL has been good.

Or we already have one on the list that has not been given a chance this year but showed good signs last year.

Luke Thompson was pretty good last year and he has the tools to be a good CHB. I would like to see him come in and play a few games this year to get more experience. His form in the SANFL has been good.
I always thought this is where Otten would end up.

yeah I agree, like him a lot but who goes out?

Luke is developing beautifully. He has gone from a floating defender with the Eagles to holding down CHB. We can't play them all but I would give Rutten a couple of "rests" and possibly Talia one as well over the last 11 games to keep Luke interested.

Luke is developing beautifully. He has gone from a floating defender with the Eagles to holding down CHB. We can't play them all but I would give Rutten a couple of "rests" and possibly Talia one as well over the last 11 games to keep Luke interested.
Didnt we upgrade him because Carlton came sniffing?

Really hope he stays, I like what I see from him as a defender and he has a good reliable kick on him.

Great news for Talia and the club...just can't use Jenny;) DT for mine.

Just on the issue of FB...a left field nom...James Craig, built like a brick sh, good leap, reasonably quick. Everyone seems to have Talia as the heir to the FB throne. Rutten started as a forward. Don't know how he is travelling, but can't see him getting in as a ruck.

Neil's son is traveling very poorly at the moment. Was dropped from North's league side a few weeks ago and only came back in on Saturday because we lost 2 ruckmen to injury. Is pretty much a non-factor around the ground and got absolutely destroyed in the hit outs (usually the best part of his game) against the Eagles. Very disappointing. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back