List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry should not be there at all. Gone backwards as a footballer.

He has forgotten what his job description is post 2010.
Personally I loved his 2013. He was a midfield sweeper, 3rd man up in the midfield who defended 70-90 m out from goal, he is the new forward press, the new Leroy brown role. His role is new and buckley let him make it his own and he did. The only thing lacking from his game was 3-4 kicks going our way.

Yep. We need 2 good ball users back there permanently. And... None of them are except for keeffe but he is not a rebounding defender.
2 of fasolo, sidebottom, Ramsay or seedsman need to be there permanently. Ala kade Simpson and nick malceski.
I would probably go seedsman and fas, and keep sidebottom full time forward. Look at all premiership teams-they have 1 or 2 extremely classy half forwards...
Jetta
Johnson and chapman
Didak and Leon (sort of)
Johnson and chapman
Rioli
Johnson and chapman (did I say that already??)

Either way, Elliott isn't a classy small forward, he is a Chris mayne. U get my point.

Fas will be fine down back I think too, Leon mkII I reckon.

Spot on about sharp rebounders... i think Elliot is a young man and will be very classy! i like Sinclair running out of defence Williams too both are only getting better

Yep. We need 2 good ball users back there permanently. And... None of them are except for keeffe but he is not a rebounding defender.
2 of fasolo, sidebottom, Ramsay or seedsman need to be there permanently. Ala kade Simpson and nick malceski.
I would probably go seedsman and fas, and keep sidebottom full time forward. Look at all premiership teams-they have 1 or 2 extremely classy half forwards...
Jetta
Johnson and chapman
Didak and Leon (sort of)
Johnson and chapman
Rioli
Johnson and chapman (did I say that already??)

Either way, Elliott isn't a classy small forward, he is a Chris mayne. U get my point.

Fas will be fine down back I think too, Leon mkII I reckon.

I would go with Broomhead, talented player who is still developing. Has all the attributes to be that Kade Simpson type.

Jolly - 400k
Dids - 350k
Johnson - 300k
Krak - 200k
Russell -150k
Blair - 250k
Paine - 75k
=1.725mil

Martin - 600k (pick 10 + Blair)
Bellchambers - 500k (delisted FA)
Yeo - 250k (pick 27)
Karnezis - 100k - (Jackson Paine)
V.Michie - 75k (3rd rd - pick 45)
J.Wilkinson - 50k (Delisted FA)
J.Kelly - 50k - (rookie)
=1.65mil

Extra 75k to offer and keep Daisy ;) Let me dream!!

Jolly - 400k
Dids - 350k
Johnson - 300k
Krak - 200k
Russell -150k
Blair - 250k
Paine - 75k
=1.725mil

Yeo - 250k (pick 27)
J.Kelly - 50k - (rookie)
=1.65mil

why in the hell would bellchambers be delisted

Jolly - 400k
Dids - 350k
Johnson - 300k
Krak - 200k
Russell -150k
Blair - 250k
Paine - 75k
=1.725mil

Yeo - 250k (pick 27)
J.Kelly - 50k - (rookie)
=1.65mil

Are you drunk? They are horrible trades and most of them make no sense.

Are you drunk? They are horrible trades and most of them make no sense.

Ok lets take the salary part out

D.Martin - Pick 10 + Blair
T.Bellchambers - Delisted FA as previously stated
E.Yeo & P.Karnezis for pick 27 + Paine
V.Michie - 3rd rounder
J.Wilkinson - Delisted FA
J.Kelly - picked up in rookie draft

Athough not all will happen, they do make sense

D.Martin - Pick 10 + Blair
E.Yeo & P.Karnezis for pick 27 + Paine
V.Michie - 3rd rounder

Buckley trading Blair and Essendon delisting Bellchambers doesn't make sense.

Personally I loved his 2013. He was a midfield sweeper, 3rd man up in the midfield who defended 70-90 m out from goal, he is the new forward press, the new Leroy brown role. His role is new and buckley let him make it his own and he did. The only thing lacking from his game was 3-4 kicks going our way.

He had a brilliant patch but was never the same after the mid year meltdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D.Martin - Pick 27 + Yagmoor
E.Yeo & P.Karnezis+brisbane 2nd rounder for Gault + Paine
V.Michie - Delisted FA

Fixed.

come on. try and be realistic.

So Brisbane are going to trade 2 young guys who look like they could be quality footballers + a second round pick for a guy who shouldn't be on an AFL list(Gault) and a inconsistent forward who has only played a handful of senior games :rolleyes:

Dustin martin for pick 27 as well, you are dreaming.

come on. try and be realistic.

So Brisbane are going to trade 2 young guys who look like they could be quality footballers + a second round pick for a guy who shouldn't be on an AFL list(Gault) and a inconsistent forward who has only played a handful of senior games :rolleyes:

Dustin martin for pick 27 as well, you are dreaming.

Was being sarcastic ;)

Jolly - 400k
Dids - 350k
Johnson - 300k
Krak - 200k
Russell -150k
Blair - 250k
Paine - 75k
=1.725mil
Yeo - 250k (pick 27)
J.Kelly - 50k - (rookie)
=1.65mil

I can think of 2 examples of teams forgoing the draft and bringing in a bunch of players from other clubs. Brisbane 2009, and Melbourne 2012. Both were unmitigated disasters. Collingwood aren't a poorly run shambles, why would we say f#£k you to the future by drafting 7 experienced players? We may bring in 1 or 2, but if we overlook kids in the draft, I won't be the only one pissed off.

Is Yeo any good?

I think he would actually be a really good fit for us. He is a good intercept mark, has height, good disposal is pretty quick. I think we really lacked a player that could help out others in defense and Yeo could be a good cheap get in this role.

I wonder however if we are looking at this type of loose man style of a defender. Buckley's MO has been to place an extra body at the contest not behind the ball so will we target a player like this?

I think he would actually be a really good fit for us. He is a good intercept mark, has height, good disposal is pretty quick. I think we really lacked a player that could help out others in defense and Yeo could be a good cheap get in this role.

I wonder however if we are looking at this type of loose man style of a defender. Buckley's MO has been to place an extra body at the contest not behind the ball so will we target a player like this?

He's not your loose man style of a defender though. He's a genuine small defender who can play on genuine small forwards. If he gets a bit more muscle on him he could also be able to play in a Toovey mould e.g Play on small or tall. The way he can attack out of the backline though is the greatest point though. We have attacking rebounders in Shaw and Williams but there disposal isn't the greatest. Yeo provides that run whilst also being able to hit a target. Having a defence with Brown, Keeffe, Toovey, Shaw, Williams and Yeo is the best set-up

He's not your loose man style of a defender though. He's a genuine small defender who can play on genuine small forwards. If he gets a bit more muscle on him he could also be able to play in a Toovey mould e.g Play on small or tall. The way he can attack out of the backline though is the greatest point though. We have attacking rebounders in Shaw and Williams but there disposal isn't the greatest. Yeo provides that run whilst also being able to hit a target. Having a defence with Brown, Keeffe, Toovey, Shaw, Williams and Yeo is the best set-up

I didn't mean to say he couldn't defend by referring to him as a loose defender. More that he is a good at getting across and covering other defenders.

I like his disposal the most. I would love to find a player to take the kick outs. Yeo looks a likely type.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back