List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

How i see it i think we can do some good things this year on the trade table and with free agents

What i have heard i will try to be as realistic as possible

Thomas will go and its not looking great for Shaw from what i am hearing Witts wants to return to Sydney

I think White or Reid are huge chances to land at Collingwood

Witts will be packaged up to go to Sydney for Mumford

Out - Thomas free agent

Trade
Syd - Witts and Shaw
Pies - Mumford and Reid

Sign Sylvia as a free agent and look to trade with Brisbane for Karnezis

In - Mumford,Reid,Sylvia,Karnezis
Out - Thomas,Shaw,Witts

We also have two picks in the top 11 which will be huge

How i see it i think we can do some good things this year on the trade tabel and with free agents

Thomas will go and its not looking great for Shaw from what i am hearing Witts wants to return to Sydney

Out - Thomas free agent

Trade
Syd - Witts and Shaw
Pies - Mumford and Reid

In - Mumford,Reid,Sylvia,Karnezis
Out - Thomas Shaw Witts

We also have two picks in the top 11 which will be huge

Don't want to loose Shaw:( . But, if we pick up Sylvia wont that effect the compo pick we get for Thomas

Don't want to loose Shaw:( . But, if we pick up Sylvia wont that effect the compo pick we get for Thomas

Yep you are right so would not be a good idea

Would rather get Mitch Thorp from the TFL than trade for Jesse White.

Mitch Thorp sounds pretty good (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...at-an-afl-career/story-fni5f22o-1226684649930)

Anyone taken at pick 6 ahead of Joel Selwood (too bad that can't be attributed to Kennett curse :)) must have some talent and kicking 52 goals in 13 games from the midfield! 194cm to boot, would be great, allowing Lynch to play as 3rd tall and ruck back up. Also has endurance as one of his strengths.

id still go for dayle gartlett i think we need a nex x factor this kid could be it. I still dont get this culture crap. Dids was close to 31 so maybe it was to do with age he got sacked

I think he's x Factor is closer to 'whether or not he'll ransack the social club money from the fridge'

I'm super keen on Thorpe personally because I think he'd compliment Cloke perfectly. You have Thorpe playing up the field as a more traditional CHF with stints on ball ala Roughead and Pavlich. Which leaves us the flexibility of having that resting ruckman as the other deep option.

Pack the two deep options with a fleet of dangerous smalls and it suddenly becomes a very dangerous front half with the flexibility of using Reid down back in that floating role.

Thorpe is the right age, has the talent (as seen by being taken top 10) and will be available relatively cheaply.

Heard we spoke to Chis Cain, any good? Another KMart?
Elite user of the football. Outside type player, not sure of his age but has been around a while and played in premierships.

He is a finisher from what I've seen. A lot of talk about him this year breaking through, but I think he is more mature so you'd want immediate impact with him.

Elite user of the football. Outside type player, not sure of his age but has been around a while and played in premierships.

He is a finisher from what I've seen. A lot of talk about him this year breaking through, but I think he is more mature so you'd want immediate impact with him.

Doesnt sound too bad at all, I hope and expect Dwyer gets even better next year with one season of AFL and a full preseason into him.
Has scored alot more goals than Dwyer in the VFL, and you say elite user of the football - need more
of these types.
181cm is ok, do you know if he has some speed? Bit quicker than Dwyer i would hope.

Mature agers wouldnt cost much at all either, just thankful for the opportunity given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesnt sound too bad at all, I hope and expect Dwyer gets even better next year with one season of AFL and a full preseason into him.
Has scored alot more goals than Dwyer in the VFL, and you say elite user of the football - need more
of these types.
181cm is ok, do you know if he has some speed? Bit quicker than Dwyer i would hope.

Mature agers wouldnt cost much at all either, just thankful for the opportunity given.

Article says “He’s got (a good mix) of endurance and speed"

Article says “He’s got (a good mix) of endurance and speed"
I noticed that, question was for those who have watched him play for Port and know whether he's quicker than Dwyer though.

Would you say this about Dwyer? - “He’s got (a good mix) of endurance and speed"

I've seen sites eg http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftee-profiles/ that have draft prospect profiles but has anyone seen one with table format by position?

Would be handy to see name, position/s, height, weight, expected draft range and have link to write up that includes the best juniors and the likes of Mitch Thorp and Chris Cain. If doesn't exist than an idea for a thread?

I noticed that, question was for those who have watched him play for Port and know whether he's quicker than Dwyer though.

Would you say this about Dwyer? - “He’s got (a good mix) of endurance and speed"

Sorry, wasn't clear from the question. Haven't seen Cain play so I can't answer from that perspective.

How i see it i think we can do some good things this year on the trade table and with free agents

Out - Thomas free agent

Trade
Syd - Witts and Shaw
Pies - Mumford and Reid

In - Mumford,Reid
Out: witts, shaw, thomas

Or
Out: witts, shaw, Thomas, something?
In: pick 1,10,11,20? And move to secure a ruckman to support Grundy?

Pick 1,10,11,20

Out: Premiership window
In: Wooden spoon
Our window has closed mate, i know we have a decent side still but that decent side was shown up many times this season, it's time to move on IMO.

Moving on players like Shaw-Swan-Harry-Thomas (if he walks) will hurt us short term, but in 2-3 years we'll look back on the decision as a masterstroke (if we recruited well), our rucks will also be primed by then.

I feel we can stay thereabouts if we keep our current team in tact for the next 3 year, but i don't see us getting back to our 2010-2011 best.

If we rebuilt now i don't think we'll bottom out, we may even push for finals over the next 2 years.

We have an opportunity to rebuild fast, we can own this draft.

Our window has closed mate, i know we have a decent side still but that decent side was shown up many times this season, it's time to move on IMO.

Moving on players like Shaw-Swan-Harry-Thomas (if he walks) will hurt us short term, but in 2-3 years we'll look back on the decision as a masterstroke (if we recruited well), our rucks will also be primed by then.

I feel we can stay thereabouts if we keep our current team in tact for the next 3 year, but i don't see us getting back to our 2010-2011 best.

If we rebuilt now i don't think we'll bottom out, we may even push for finals over the next 2 years.

We have an opportunity to rebuild fast, we can rape this draft.

Disagree that window is closed. We got a lot of games into youngsters this year and if we had a kinder run with injuries and added a key forward so Reid can play mainly back we'd be in with a shot.

Too much focus on one draft can also spell trouble as:
1. some will turn out to be duds
2. even if they don't than replacing them all at once in ten years is a nightmare
3. managing salary cap when you don't have a balance of players on veterans and lower wages rather than all in prime in say 4 to 6 years time.

I'm sorry for slapping you all the way back to reality, but someone had to...you were starting to drift off and there was a danger we would never get you back.

What i have suggested is possible and a good out come for all concerned. Players under contract have moved before, dawes was only into a 1 year of 3 year contract. We may have to cover a few payments but we hav the luxury to be flexible in that area

To get yeo for goldsack would be possible

As for the other trades it all comes down to what happens with thomas and what GWS do.

The only time i drift off is when im reading your tripe. U may not agree with the trades i suggest but they are more realistic than half the crap i read in here.

We have an opportunity to rebuild fast, we can rape this draft.

With a low injury count for 2014, some shrewd trading and the continued development of our young players there is no reason why we cant finish top 4 next year. We have some great talent at our club, the area im most concerned about is the coaching and gamestyle.

We get that right, we will be back where we belong.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back