List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our window has closed mate, i know we have a decent side still but that decent side was shown up many times this season, it's time to move on IMO.

Moving on players like Shaw-Swan-Harry-Thomas (if he walks) will hurt us short term, but in 2-3 years we'll look back on the decision as a masterstroke (if we recruited well), our rucks will also be primed by then.

I feel we can stay thereabouts if we keep our current team in tact for the next 3 year, but i don't see us getting back to our 2010-2011 best.

If we rebuilt now i don't think we'll bottom out, we may even push for finals over the next 2 years.

We have an opportunity to rebuild fast, we can own this draft.

This year we only just missed out on top 4 with VFL players. We wont be missing out next year, bookmark it.

We are 1 year of development and a 2nd key forward away from being back to our 2010-2011 form, you can bookmark that too.

With a low injury count for 2014, some shrewd trading and the continued development of our young players there is no reason why we cant finish top 4 next year. We have some great talent at our club, the area im most concerned about is the coaching and gamestyle.

We get that right, we will be back where we belong.

I don't see much elite quality in our youngens, Williams and Grundy are the only 2 i'd bank on becoming A graders in the future, most of the others are promising and look ok for their age but nothing worth writing home about IMO, that's the price you pay when you've been out of the pointy end of the draft for as long as we have

I'd prefer us to bank some seriously talented kids this year, and we have the chance to do it, in 3-4 years we could become a pretty ordinary side if we don't act now.

Our window has closed mate, i know we have a decent side still but that decent side was shown up many times this season, it's time to move on IMO.

Moving on players like Shaw-Swan-Harry-Thomas (if he walks) will hurt us short term, but in 2-3 years we'll look back on the decision as a masterstroke (if we recruited well), our rucks will also be primed by then.

I feel we can stay thereabouts if we keep our current team in tact for the next 3 year, but i don't see us getting back to our 2010-2011 best.

If we rebuilt now i don't think we'll bottom out, we may even push for finals over the next 2 years.

We have an opportunity to rebuild fast, we can own this draft.

Premiership window can open as fast as it shuts.
We won't bottom out, we will be there abouts.

Free Agency now means a middle of the road side can push for top 4 with 1 or 2 gun recruits..

Harry won't move.

Shaw will be traded to Sydney - Mumford a straight swap.

Thomas will go in FA, a sensible move that nets Pick 11.

Last year there will be FA compensation so it's sensible to milk it whilst it is there.

Pick 10 & Pick 11. Say get a Dom Sheed & Matt Crouch.

Go down the route of last year, recruit a Chris Cain from Port Melbourne.

Then have a stack of salary cap space to hit FA next year when there is no compensation being affected.

Kenno you post a whole heap of "rumours" mate on every board about almost every player linked to the Pies.

I just don't see it with Mumford at Collingwood.

This year we only just missed out on top 4 with VFL players. We wont be missing out next year, bookmark it.

We are 1 year of development and a 2nd key forward away from being back to our 2010-2011 form, you can bookmark that too.
Our window was 2010-11-12, it was a bloody good window too and we got a flag out of it, could have easily been 2, but it's time we evaluated where we are now, we finished 8th this year, we were beaten by some bloody average teams, we struggled for 3 and a half qtrs against WS FFS and we haven't demolished a team pretty much since 2011, the hunger from our senior guys is declining IMO, and that's a natural thing, we need a freshen up, this group won't win another flag IMO.

Kenno you post a whole heap of "rumours" mate on every board about almost every player linked to the Pies.

I just don't see it with Mumford at Collingwood.

I seriously don't understand the "Mumford to Collingwood" links/rumours.

At the end of the season Darren Jolly couldn't get a game ahead of Grundy, so why would we give away a class player like Shaw for a ruckman who will spend more time in the VFL then he will in the seniors? Grundy is our number one ruckman, he will be in 2014 and he will be for a long time to come, we don't need another "star ruck", we need a secondary ruck. I'd rather Mike Pyke than Mumford, that type of player anyway, and it would cost a lot less than Heath Shaw.

Our window was 2010-11-12, it was a bloody good window too and we got a flag out of it, could have easily been 2, but it's time we evaluated where we are now, we finished 8th this year, we were beaten by some bloody average teams, we struggled for 3 and a half qtrs against WS FFS and we haven't demolished a team pretty much since 2011, the hunger from our senior guys is declining IMO, and that's a natural thing, we need a freshen up, this group won't win another flag IMO.
Not sure I'd agree with that assessment. But main point I want to make is that we don't want to slam the door on our window ourselves... they only come around maybe once every 15 years!. Think we should give it another year before we throw in the towel.... sometimes winning a flag can be about being at the right time and place... can't do that if we bottom out.

Bellchambers re-signs with the druggies.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/bellchambers-resigns-at-dons/20130917-2tx2f.html

Would have been a nice fit into our side, although he was never really going to leave. He's the type of player we need I reckon, Lynch is likely to go backwards (even on what he produced in 2013) next season and the next best option is Witts who hasn't been good up forward at senior level.

No Real Suprise as They only have 2 Rucks Now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I just read on here that Witts wants to go home to Sydney? Please let that not be true. A guy of his height and potential comes along once in a generation. Yes, it is still mostly potential, but he's also still a kid. I would hate him to go north and become a star in the future. We found him! Doesn't that count for something? :confused:

I went off Dwyer a bit towards the end of the year. He just had no defensive game. Needs a lot of work in this area over the off-season.

However, when the side is up and running he is a handy player because he finishes nicely.

I never went off Dwyer. His disposal efficiency is higher than Swan, Ball, J Thomas and Blair and his clanger count is the 6th lowest in the club.

He tackles cleverly and knows how to lower his eyes and set up, when to go on with it and when to dispose. Our season disposal average was about what his was at 16.6 per game.

There's a certain limit to total game disposals so when a player fulfils a role you want to know they are relaible when they get the ball in their hands. He's an absolute ripper.

Did I just read on here that Witts wants to go home to Sydney? Please let that not be true. A guy of his height and potential comes along once in a generation. Yes, it is still mostly potential, but he's also still a kid. I would hate him to go north and become a star in the future. We found him! Doesn't that count for something? :confused:
He signed a new 3 year contract about 2 months ago

I never went off Dwyer. His disposal efficiency is higher than Swan, Ball, J Thomas and Blair and his clanger count is the 6th lowest in the club.

He tackles cleverly and knows how to lower his eyes and set up, when to go on with it and when to dispose. Our season disposal average was about what his was at 16.6 per game.

There's a certain limit to total game disposals so when a player fulfils a role you want to know they are relaible when they get the ball in their hands. He's an absolute ripper.

In my opinion Dywer will be a fringe player next year, will struggle to hold his spot if we have a small injury list.

He barely lays a tackle a game, and when he tries to tackle he normally gets shrugged off or they easily get their hands free and get off a hand pass, has short arms and is pretty weak in the body.

He is slow and lazy when it comes to applying defensive pressure through the midfield, he is too weak to go and get contested footy in big games and too slow to tear teams apart on the outside, also lacks any sort of kicking penetration, most of his kicks goes 20-30 meters which is why his D/E is so high, never goes for 50 meter bullets that split teams open.

Also struggles to find enough of the footy while letting his opponent do whatever he wants.

Great rookie find, but i think he is terribly overrated on this forum. Great depth player to have

In my opinion Dywer will be a fringe player next year, will struggle to hold his spot if we have a small injury list.

He barely lays a tackle a game, and when he tries to tackle he normally gets shrugged off or they easily get their hands free and get off a hand pass, has short arms and is pretty weak in the body.

He is slow and lazy when it comes to applying defensive pressure through the midfield, he is too weak to go and get contested footy in big games and too slow to tear teams apart on the outside, also lacks any sort of kicking penetration, most of his kicks goes 20-30 meters which is why his D/E is so high, never goes for 50 meter bullets that split teams open.

Also struggles to find enough of the footy while letting his opponent do whatever he wants.

Great rookie find, but i think he is terribly overrated on this forum. Great depth player to have

This is spot on, terrible tackling, defensive pressure and marking. Neat foot skills, can kick a goal and has pace. Hopefully just a depth player next year.

Massive generalisations throughout your post regarding Sam Dwyer.

Had a great first season who stood up when more senior players struggled to get near it.

If you substitute his name for Jarryd Blair then I'd agree with your post.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back