List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be drafted this year.
I am 100% sure of that.
He doesn't want to play anywhere else but in Melbourne or Perth.
I wouldn't turn up for a Port Adelaide interview.

If you asked any draft watcher this time last year they would of said they are 100% sure he would get drafted in the 1st round and what happened? i don't think its that black and white.

Hopefully he does get drafted and turns his life around...

Honestly hope we take the risk.
Burn me for it, but he is talented and only 19.
Pick him up in the 3rd round if still there.
If he ends up like Dustin Martin, trade him in 3 years and he still might be worth a first round pick.

If it were that simple don't you think he would of been drafted last year?

No one would even spend 4th round selection on him.

This is the type of kid who has a 4am bender the night before a game, who rocks up to training 30 minutes late hung over, or doesn't rock up at all. I think his situation is far worse than you think

Fluff piece with no substance other than a biased coach imo, if he was 1st class on and off the field now all 18 clubs would be very interested based on his footballing ability, however it appears only 5 are (and the degree to which they are interested isn't noted).

I'd rather hear from his coach than his manager though, i'd love us to take the risk, if it doesn't work so be it, sometimes you have weigh up the risk V reward.

I'd rather hear from his coach than his manager though, i'd love us to take the risk, if it doesn't work so be it, sometimes you have weigh up the risk V reward.

and when ALL 18 professional recruiting teams only 9 months ago say the risks far outweigh the rewards so much so they won't even draft him vs a few BF posters who see his highlight reel and say BOY OH BOY WOWEE.. i think i know which side ill be taking !

If it were that simple don't you think he would of been drafted last year?

No one would even spend 4th round selection on him.

This is the type of kid who has a 4am bender the night before a game, who rocks up to training 30 minutes late hung over, or doesn't rock up at all. I think his situation is far worse than you think

Never heard of him missing a training sesh or rocking up to games hungover or boozed in the WAFL.
Why would he do that at AFL level..?

I think he had some issues, but missing out being drafted could have seriously impacted his lifestyle.

Guess we'll find out draft day if clubs are keen.

and when ALL 18 professional recruiting teams only 9 months ago say the risks far outweigh the rewards so much so they won't even draft him vs a few BF posters who see his highlight reel and say BOY OH BOY WOWEE.. i think i know which side ill be taking !

A year is a long time for an 18 year old, i'm sure he's had a long hard look at himself knowing he threw away what most kids dream about, if the penny's dropped and he is behaving himself i would love us to take the risk, what's the worst than can happen? what's the best that can happen?

Never heard of him missing a training sesh or rocking up to games hungover or boozed in the WAFL.
Why would he do that at AFL level..?

I think he had some issues, but missing out being drafted could have seriously impacted his lifestyle.

Guess we'll find out draft day if clubs are keen.

Essendon were serious about giving him an AFL life line but instead of embracing it and being thankful he went on a huge bender the night before and they quickly took away their invitation to him to train with them. (and let's not forget him snubbing port adelaide and being too drunk to attend a vital meeting with saint kilda)

He also got kicked out of the AIS for similar issues, and it's VERY rare players get literally kicked out on their arse out of the AIS.

But if that isn't enough, he also has missed quiet a few games for his WAFL club thanks to internal club suspensions (wonder what that was for :rolleyes:) he was close to being suspended a few more times, last chances ect, but his on field ability got him through (this won't happen at AFL level).

I'm sure not getting drafted was a kick in the guts for him, but i think being a bad egg is just who he is, and obviously he is trying to convince recruiters otherwise and we shall see on draft day if they buy it.

A year is a long time for an 18 year old, i'm sure he's had a long hard look at himself knowing he threw away what most kids dream about, if the penny's dropped and he is behaving himself i would love us to take the risk, what's the worst than can happen? what's the best that can happen?

The worst result and perhaps most likely result (based on what happened last year) is he doesn't last 1 year on a list and goes home to WA and the club gets nothing in compensation, gets some horrible PR, hurts club culture and the club suffers sponsorship backlash.

The best result is he turns into a great player and has a few major **** ups along the way (aka shaw-didak)

I have been told categorically that he will go this year.

One club (not the pies), where I have a recruiting contact, is keen to get him and have had multiple interviews.

Only catch is they are not willing to use their first rounder. They are fairly confident, given the risks, no other club would either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have the capacity to change Blaze. A year is a long time at that age. I'm not saying I know if he has or not but neither do you. You're making it black and white and it isn't.

Beat me to it.

Essendon were serious about giving him an AFL life line but instead of embracing it and being thankful he went on a huge bender the night before and they quickly took away their invitation to him to train with them. (and let's not forget him snubbing port adelaide and being too drunk to attend a vital meeting with saint kilda)

He also got kicked out of the AIS for similar issues, and it's VERY rare players get literally kicked out on their arse out of the AIS.

But if that isn't enough, he also has missed quiet a few games for his WAFL club thanks to internal club suspensions (wonder what that was for :rolleyes:) he was close to being suspended a few more times, last chances ect, but his on field ability got him through (this won't happen at AFL level).

I'm sure not getting drafted was a kick in the guts for him, but i think being a bad egg is just who he is, and obviously he is trying to convince recruiters otherwise and we shall see on draft day if they buy it.

I wasn't aware of the bolded. It doesn't paint a pretty picture does it. Do you have links to news articles regarding this? Where'd you get the info from?

Karnezis is dead keen to come to the Pies and we seem pretty keen also.

Thoughts? I can see the attracation, a tall mid who can run the lines, take a grab, question for me is his foot skills, they seem to be pretty poor.

Cost would look to be a late second or early third rounder.

Thoughts? I can see the attracation, a tall mid who can run the lines, take a grab, question for me is his foot skills, they seem to be pretty poor.

He's very poor defensively apparently, that was the reason he spent so much time in the 2s according to some Lions posters, he doesn't sound like the type Bucks would be interested in if true.

He's very poor defensively apparently, that was the reason he spent so much time in the 2s according to some Lions posters, he doesn't sound like the type Bucks would be interested in if true.

Defensive pressure can be fixed, its just application and work rate. Kicking on the other hand cannot be. The last thing we need is another player of questionable foot skills.

someone else with poor foot skills? Don't we already have plenty of those?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back