List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know something or just speculating or wishful thinking?

I thought I saw something posted on a board a week or so ago but not sure whether any factual information behind it. It's BigFooty so I'd say nothing substantial.

Bad news about Martin if true. Seems like we have a shot at keeping him if we upgrade him, but I'm not sure the club has enough much faith in him going by his limited AFL games.

I don't read it this way. I just think his tank wasn't big enough to play midfield and defensively could be exposed a bit.

They put a lot of work into him at VFL level and he is slowly improving his tank and running through tags. I think there is a lot of faith in him, he just wasn't quite there yet.

I hope we keep him. I like his accurate kicking in front of goals.

What i would like to see happen this offseason, factoring in Daisy leaving.

Pick 10 - Sheed/Crouch/Bontempelli/Freeman
Pick 11 - Traded for Taylor Adams
2nd Rd - Mitch Harvey/Cam McCarthy (if there)
3rd Rd - Karnezis
PSD - Jeremy Laidler

Looking towards the future

Sheed/Crouch replaces Swan
Adams replaces Ball
Karnezis can play wing/3rd fwd tall
Laidler replaces Maxwell, He is an upgrade on Maxwell and plays the 3rd man up very well, starved of opportunities and could definitely have an impact. Handy Depth Player at Worst for no cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts are to work on an emerging CHF as our marquee trade, then fill in the holes in our team i.e. 3rd tall defender (Laidler).

I think Bucks realised that the experiment with 2 key forwards (Cloke-Reid) had better results than the Cloke-resting ruckman combination of yesteryear.

Ben Reid needs to go back to his All Australian position, and we need to make a play for:
i) Sam Reid (Syd) - in potentially a H. Shaw deal
ii) Jonathan Patton - Would probably require a lot of guts due to injury history, but it could involve a 3-way with Daisy to Hawks, Buddy to GWS. Patton is Victorian, and probably on the outer with development of Cameron and potential arrival of Buddy or Tom Boyd in the draft.

Daisy's position to be compensated by a fit C. Young or Harry who took up the slack this year.

A 3 way trade like this would be nice:

Collingwood:
Gain: Adams, Pick 9
Lose: Pick 10 and 11

GWS:
Gain: Dustin Martin
Lose: Adams, Pick 9

Richmond:
Gain: Pick 10 and 11
Lose: Dustin Martin.

Yeah and he's killed it in the VFL lately I think. But needs a stronger body?

Think he lacks foot skills and defensive ability which is why he doesn't get much of a run at it at AFL level.

Think he is also overrated along with Dywer as people see his offensive game and forget how deplorable their defensive games are, wouldn't be a huge lose if we lost him, will be a depth player in 2014 imo

I don't read it this way. I just think his tank wasn't big enough to play midfield and defensively could be exposed a bit.

They put a lot of work into him at VFL level and he is slowly improving his tank and running through tags. I think there is a lot of faith in him, he just wasn't quite there yet.

I hope we keep him. I like his accurate kicking in front of goals.
I don't know him but that's pretty sound reasoning for many mids in their first year adjusting to what's required.

Interesting to see how it plays out. In terms of players we have Henderson and McKernan who I believe will be seeking trades back to Melb. Draft picks are in short supply down our way :oops:

I don't know him but that's pretty sound reasoning for many mids in their first year adjusting to what's required.

Interesting to see how it plays out. In terms of players we have Henderson and McKernan who I believe will be seeking trades back to Melb. Draft picks are in short supply down our way :oops:

We will happily take Henderson :)

I'd be looking at a left field option.

Shane Savage. Would be relatively cheap and is very stiff not to get a gig this week.

Target Karnezis, Savage & maybe a state league option & then hit gold with Pick 10 & Pick 11 in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back