List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hine & Rendell would not give up pick 10 for him. He is a good player not a great one.
Just because you are a big wrap for him does not make him a top 10 draft pick.We all have our favourites & players from other clubs we admire, that's fine.
My guess is that if the pies have any interest, they may trade for him.

Oh & I don't want Mumford either. :)
What about putting it this way - Thomas is gone, our compo is pick 11 or Ricky Henderson. Who would you take knowing the state of our list and our current needs?

What about putting it this way - Thomas is gone, our compo is pick 11 or Ricky Henderson. Who would you take knowing the state of our list and our current needs?

Thomas isn't gone yet. But in your scenario of pick 11, I'd take the pick all day every day. There will be better talent at pick 11 around than Henderson.
Lat year we got Grundy much later than that. Don't get me wrong I don't think the guy is crap. I just don't rate him a first round pick player.
I wonder what everyone else would do here? Anybody?

Thomas isn't gone yet. But in your scenario of pick 11, I'd take the pick all day every day. There will be better talent at pick 11 around than Henderson.
Lat year we got Grundy much later than that. Don't get me wrong I don't think the guy is crap. I just don't rate him a first round pick player.
Pick 11 by the length of the straight and I watch Ricky every week

Pick 11 for mine. Had you said Andrew Walker or a 25yo Rob Murphy I may feel differently, but Henderson is a role player similar to Blair, Goldsack, Brown, Keeffe, Young, Macaffer and Toovey.

With a top 10 pick or thereabouts the expectation is to find a star or the next level below. I respect that you rate him, but his value is similar to that of Dawes when we traded him last year.

Cheers.
As a matter of interest, what pick do you think you will get for him during trade week? Somewhere between 25-35?
See my post back on the last page of this thread I think it was.

A decent second rounder - of course a late first would be nice but can't see it.

Pick 11 by the length of the straight and I watch Ricky every week
I've watched a lot of Adelaide games, sadly, because Henderson and Sloane were in my Ultimate footy team. I reckon you are underselling him a bit. He is a brilliant kick and if you said to me Suckling or Henderson... As a package (defensively and offensively) I would take Henderson (even if Suckling didn't do his ACL). I would have thought he will be close to top 5 in your BnF this year...
Pick 11 for mine. Had you said Andrew Walker or a 25yo Rob Murphy I may feel differently, but Henderson is a role player similar to Blair, Goldsack, Brown, Keeffe, Young, Macaffer and Toovey.

With a top 10 pick or thereabouts the expectation is to find a star or the next level below. I respect that you rate him, but his value is similar to that of Dawes when we traded him last year.
Fair enough, maybe I am over rating him, but considering we desperately need to get a player who can kick from the backline, without going overboard, he would be a good fit. FWIW I would give a pick 20 or there abouts for Mullett, I rate that position fairly highly compared to most. Look at the difference Malceski, Hurn, Shaw (in form), Enright make to a side. They are very important.
^^ Pick 11.

Sorry I meant as a scenario that Thomas was gone. Personally, I believe he will stay. That's fair enough. As I said above, I rate a very good HBF or HB who can use the ball as one of the more important players on the ground.

Knightmare

Jackson Paine a pass or fail? He is uncontracted and could be delisted by the end of this year.

If you remember, I was upset half way through the season of why Paine didn't get a game. Paine at that time had player four excellent games in a row, kicking around 15 goals, averaging around 16 disposals and taking plenty of marks. Cloke was out ill against Brisbane, and after all those great games in the VFL Paine still was not selected.

Players like JT, SEEDSMAN, WITTS, Dwyer, Ox, Martin, Kennedy ALL GOT CHANCES. Some only played one or two good games to get in (seedsman,witts,dwyer).

So what is it with Bucks? Does he dislike Paine? Is Paine unlucky? Will he get delisted?

Yeah, I like Henderson too, think he's a very composed player and quality kick, however I don't think we lack for that with Seedsman or Oxley projecting there. I think Henderson is very good, but the upgrade if there was any at all, would be too marginal to pay that price.

Knightmare

Jackson Paine a pass or fail? He is uncontracted and could be delisted by the end of this year.

If you remember, I was upset half way through the season of why Paine didn't get a game. Paine at that time had player four excellent games in a row, kicking around 15 goals, averaging around 16 disposals and taking plenty of marks. Cloke was out ill against Brisbane, and after all those great games in the VFL Paine still was not selected.

Players like JT, SEEDSMAN, WITTS, Dwyer, Ox, Martin, Kennedy ALL GOT CHANCES. Some only played one or two good games to get in (seedsman,witts,dwyer).

So what is it with Bucks? Does he dislike Paine? Is Paine unlucky? Will he get delisted?

I give Paine a pass without question.

He's an improving young key forward who continued his growth this year. Key forwards always take longer than midfielders and for his age he's substantially more advanced than most.

I would have had no issues playing Paine in the seniors at any stage this year with his form in my view stacking up and as a young key forward he's only going to continue his growth.

Buckley and the coaching staff from reading the weekly CollingwoodFC player reviews while I don't agree have suggested that he is and I'm paraphrasing: playing VFL quality football and still building towards performing to an AFL standard. So with the club seeing his game that way, that's why he hasn't played.

Nathan doesn't strike me as being so petty as to "dislike" one of his players. He's too objective to just not include a guy being he isn't "one of his boys."

I thoroughly hope Paine isn't delisted. He hasn't set a foot wrong in my view and I don't see why he can't be a part of our best 22 next year. In saying that with the way we seem to turn over the list heavily this year if we look to make further changes his place might be one of those few along with Marty Clarke that could come into question.

I've watched a lot of Adelaide games, sadly, because Henderson and Sloane were in my Ultimate footy team. I reckon you are underselling him a bit. He is a brilliant kick and if you said to me Suckling or Henderson... As a package (defensively and offensively) I would take Henderson (even if Suckling didn't do his ACL). I would have thought he will be close to top 5 in your BnF this year...

Fair enough, maybe I am over rating him, but considering we desperately need to get a player who can kick from the backline, without going overboard, he would be a good fit. FWIW I would give a pick 20 or there abouts for Mullett, I rate that position fairly highly compared to most. Look at the difference Malceski, Hurn, Shaw (in form), Enright make to a side. They are very important.

Sorry I meant as a scenario that Thomas was gone. Personally, I believe he will stay. That's fair enough. As I said above, I rate a very good HBF or HB who can use the ball as one of the more important players on the ground.

It's looking increasingly likely that he will stay, not a bad thing and was my original hope but I don't like the way he has gone about it and have lost some respect for him tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's an improving young key forward who continued his growth this year. Key forwards always take longer than midfielders and for his age he's substantially more advanced than most.

I would have had no issues playing Paine in the seniors at any stage this year with his form in my view stacking up and as a young key forward he's only going to continue his growth.

Buckley and the coaching staff from reading the weekly CollingwoodFC player reviews while I don't agree have suggested that he is and I'm paraphrasing: playing VFL quality football and still building towards performing to an AFL standard. So with the club seeing his game that way, that's why he hasn't played.

Nathan doesn't strike me as being so petty as to "dislike" one of his players. He's too objective to just not include a guy being he isn't "one of his boys."

I thoroughly hope Paine isn't delisted. He hasn't set a foot wrong in my view and I don't see why he can't be a part of our best 22 next year. In saying that with the way we seem to turn over the list heavily this year if we look to make further changes his place might be one of those few along with Marty Clarke that could come into question.

The first time I've read something positive about Paine for a while. I agree, I think he's done as well as he could have in such a short space of time and is worth persisting with. Most are calling for his head because he hasn't kicked bags by the age of 21. He's a 3rd tall with a good set of hands, and I hope he gets a chance next season.

I absolutely agree. As a 19/20 year old (turned 20 in June) in his 2nd season he finished 4th in the VFL goal kicking table with 45 goals in 19 games in a mid-range team. That's unbelievable development.

I know there has been a bit of discussion on his height but I'm inclined to believe the Collingwood website over the draft stats. Men often grow until 20-21 years old. I myself grew from ~2cm after 18 year of age. If we are to believe he is 194cm and 97kg, with his marking capabilities we have someone with good potential to play that 2nd key forward position. There is no way Paine will be delisted.

I absolutely agree. As a 19/20 year old (turned 20 in June) in his 2nd season he finished 4th in the VFL goal kicking table with 45 goals in 19 games in a mid-range team. That's unbelievable development.

I know there has been a bit of discussion on his height but I'm inclined to believe the Collingwood website over the draft stats. Men often grow until 20-21 years old. I myself grew from ~2cm after 18 year of age. If we are to believe he is 194cm and 97kg, with his marking capabilities we have someone with good potential to play that 2nd key forward position. There is no way Paine will be delisted.

Paine himself has said he is 193cm which contradicts the website.

Has anyone heard that Harry O'Brien is thinking about going to Carlton? On the SEN site they have the likelihood meter of who is going where and they have Harry at 40% of going to Carlton.

The interesting one is they only have Franklin at 80% of going to GWS but Thomas at 95% of going to Carlton. Surprised by that but I do think Thomas will be at Carlton next year for sure. I think he is showing us some respect by starting negotiations again but I doubt he will choose to stay when Mick wants him.

If Harry chooses to go to Carlton then what do people think we can get for him? I personally think we can get him in a straight swap for Betts. My Carlton mates don't rate Betts highly at all sort of the same way most Collingwood fans think of Harry as well and we would need another exciting crumbing forward or maybe Obrien and a 2nd round pick for Yarran.

Has anyone heard that Harry O'Brien is thinking about going to Carlton? On the SEN site they have the likelihood meter of who is going where and they have Harry at 40% of going to Carlton.

The interesting one is they only have Franklin at 80% of going to GWS but Thomas at 95% of going to Carlton. Surprised by that but I do think Thomas will be at Carlton next year for sure. I think he is showing us some respect by starting negotiations again but I doubt he will choose to stay when Mick wants him.

If Harry chooses to go to Carlton then what do people think we can get for him? I personally think we can get him in a straight swap for Betts. My Carlton mates don't rate Betts highly at all sort of the same way most Collingwood fans think of Harry as well and we would need another exciting crumbing forward or maybe Obrien and a 2nd round pick for Yarran.

Herald Sun did that last season I think they all got it Wrong;)

Also could not find it on the SEN Web-Page

Carlton try so hard to be us soon Eddie will be linked to Carlton!

I would want their first round pick
I would love to get their first rounder but it won't happen, they are not dumb enough to give us a first rounder for Harry. He just isn't good enough for that.

With Harry now linked to Carlton that makes it 3 premiership players that could go to Carlton. Didak and Thomas being the other two. Jeez! Mick wasn't wrong when he said they are my boys in 2010 because I still think they are his boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back