List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo is an interesting one. Would think he's worth a second rounder so that may need some balance. In reality though its tough when guys want to go home - buyers market.

I rate him. I was half joking saying Martin and him as a straight swap. Had a good year didn't he, especially in the second half of the year? Is there actually a source that says he wants to go home or is it just a rumour? Perhaps Martin and our 3rd rounder

I rate him. I was half joking saying Martin and him as a straight swap. Had a good year didn't he, especially in the second half of the year? Is there actually a source that says he wants to go home or is it just a rumour? Perhaps Martin and our 3rd rounder
No official source but plenty of scuttlebutt . He signed a contract last year and seemed happy but evidently something has changed within his family circumstances to cause a need to return to vic.

Shame as he's a popular player who seemed to finally find his niche this year across half back . WAs very good in second half of year before an injury. Would be a good pick up

I'd be looking at a left field option.

Shane Savage. Would be relatively cheap and is very stiff not to get a gig this week.

Target Karnezis, Savage & maybe a state league option & then hit gold with Pick 10 & Pick 11 in the draft.

Why savage? pretty vanilla player with no great qualitys and isn't that great.

Doesn't fill a need, isn't that young anymore and will only ever be a depth player

Ah why is there a resigned tone toward losing Martin? Judging by our delistings he looks a monty to be upgraded.

Just because he could be off to Adelaide on a 3 year deal doesn't mean we haven't countered that with an offer of our own.

I'll spew if we are trading Martin. Would be a stupid decision.

Think he lacks foot skills and defensive ability which is why he doesn't get much of a run at it at AFL level.

Think he is also overrated along with Dywer as people see his offensive game and forget how deplorable their defensive games are, wouldn't be a huge lose if we lost him, will be a depth player in 2014 imo
Doesn't lack defensive ability. His tackle numbers ... 1,6,4,5,9,12,4,15,8,12,8,2,7. Didn't start off great but he is a tackling machine

Henderson replaces shaw so hmmmmmmm

Thoughts on this three way trade

Adel Gain: KMart Polec Pies 3rd rounder (pick 45)
Adel lose: Henderson, Mackay

Brisbane Gain: Pies 2nd rounder (27), Mackay
Brisbane lose: Yeo, Polec

Pies Gain: Yeo Henderson
Pies lose: 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, KMart

Too me that is pretty fair. I know Yeo has stated he wants to go back home to WA but I think we should still be interested. The ins of Henderson and Yeo allow us to get rid of Shaw in this trade:

Pick 10,11 and Shaw - Adams + Patton

I know this leaves us with virtually no draft picks which is unrealistic but Adams, Patton, Yeo and Henderson are all young and would all come in and be best 22. Would allow us to seriously contend next year whilst still looking good down the track

Henderson has great potential and I love the way he goes about his footy but i do have concerns about his knee holding up.

Would love him at the club if the doctors give him the tick. Adams, Patton, Yeo and Hendo are all young enough that if that was to happen I'd be happy. Can't see us getting away with murder though.

Too me that is pretty fair. I know Yeo has stated he wants to go back home to WA but I think we should still be interested. The ins of Henderson and Yeo allow us to get rid of Shaw in this trade:

I know this leaves us with virtually no draft picks which is unrealistic but Adams, Patton, Yeo and Henderson are all young and would all come in and be best 22. Would allow us to seriously contend next year whilst still looking good down the track

Daylight robbery for the pies - Henderson is worth a pick 10 on his own. Very good player.

Where is this rumour coming from about Henderson? He is probably in my top 5 "realistic" gets, would be absolutely perfect for our team.

Why are we bringing in two players of the same type for the loss of Martin and picks?

It would leave us with our first selection at 63 which just isn't an option considering you need to draft two players as a minimum and currently that selection would be earmarked for an upgraded rookie.

If you were to juggle things and have Henderson going to Brisbane to replace Yeo and then Mackay to us to inject some pace and skill it could work. Though I'd still consider it highly unlikely!

Would Matty Wright be looking at leaving Adelaide?

Was starved of opportunities, I like him and wasnt sure why he wasnt getting full games. We might have too many similar style players but just interested if he has been linked to trades?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why savage? pretty vanilla player with no great qualitys and isn't that great.

Doesn't fill a need, isn't that young anymore and will only ever be a depth player

I don't have a strong opinion (or enough knowledge) on most of your points but Shane Savage isn't even 23 yet, how is that not that young anymore?

I don't know him but that's pretty sound reasoning for many mids in their first year adjusting to what's required.

Interesting to see how it plays out. In terms of players we have Henderson and McKernan who I believe will be seeking trades back to Melb. Draft picks are in short supply down our way :oops:

Thanks for the info! I don't know much about McKernan but would certainly think a 23yr old 196cm, 99kg fwd/ruck with 32 games is worth looking at with Pies needs in this area. With 5 other rucks Crows wouldn't miss that but guessing he's roughly 3rd in line (behind Walker & Jenkins) for key forward.

Others like Henderson so I'd also be happy with that. Obviously wouldn't mind another Victorian by the name of Josh Jenkins but guessing that's not realistic!

Daylight robbery for the pies - Henderson is worth a pick 10 on his own. Very good player.

Where is this rumour coming from about Henderson? He is probably in my top 5 "realistic" gets, would be absolutely perfect for our team.

That's a bit steep for an above average role player.

No way Ricky is worth a top 10 pick. But he does have some currency. If he leaves he goes for for personal reasons as a contracted player. That being the case it relies on the clubs goodwill and as such wont be a case of him nominating a club , it will be the club accommodating his circumstances by getting him back to Melbourne for the best possible compo.

I imagine there will be a few clubs interested so hopefully we can squeeze a decent 2nd rounder or dream of a late first round pick .

He isn't worth pick 10 - Full stop.

And people think we can get Mumford for Shaw?

Have you watched him? I probably watched 10-12 of his games and he is not only a solid defender, he is an architect from the backline. He is probably the best kick on Adelaide's list - over short and long distances. He is worth pick 10 and I would give that to get him. He will be better than Shaw next year.

I'd be looking at a left field option.

Shane Savage. Would be relatively cheap and is very stiff not to get a gig this week.

Target Karnezis, Savage & maybe a state league option & then hit gold with Pick 10 & Pick 11 in the draft.

Yeah lets pick up more rejects, worked well for us this year.....

And people think we can get Mumford for Shaw?

Have you watched him? I probably watched 10-12 of his games and he is not only a solid defender, he is an architect from the backline. He is probably the best kick on Adelaide's list - over short and long distances. He is worth pick 10 and I would give that to get him. He will be better than Shaw next year.

Hine & Rendell would not give up pick 10 for him. He is a good player not a great one.
Just because you are a big wrap for him does not make him a top 10 draft pick.We all have our favourites & players from other clubs we admire, that's fine.
My guess is that if the pies have any interest, they may trade for him.

Oh & I don't want Mumford either. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back