Universal Love The Billy Hartung Bandwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheaper. Just rip off the zero
If you subtract 20 from hartung and Anderson's numbers you get 20 and 17.

The first two numbers to become available.

Seems logical.

What's your background G Guts? You're a bit of a maths nerd yeah?
I have a PhD in chemistry (supramolecular architecture to be exact) and a University Medal. I worked with the Victor Chang Heart research institute for a number of years deisigning molecules to mitigate heart pump function for excessively high blood pressure, before packing it in to spend more time with my kids, so I became a teacher. I teach maths physics and chemistry at high school.

I have a PhD in chemistry (supramolecular architecture to be exact) and a University Medal. I worked with the Victor Chang Heart research institute for a number of years deisigning molecules to mitigate heart pump function for excessively high blood pressure, before packing it in to spend more time with my kids, so I became a teacher. I teach maths physics and chemistry at high school.
Impressive. I'll defer to your view if a player is accused of having no heart (and to your number allocations)

You'd no doubt have fun with the annoying point system for academy players. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if anyone saw him on Marngrook earlier.
I have found a new love for Billy purely from just watching him then. Seeing him getting emotional about missing out on last year's Grand Final breaks my heart. He's showed he really wants to play for Hawthorn.
How on earth is Billy missing out on a spot in the team when there is someone who doesn't even want to play for Hawthorn taking his spot.
If Hill doesn't want to be here, goodbye and don't let the door hit on the way out. Give Bill a chance.

I have found a new love for Billy purely from just watching him then. Seeing him getting emotional about missing out on last year's Grand Final breaks my heart. He's showed he really wants to play for Hawthorn.
How on earth is Billy missing out on a spot in the team when there is someone who doesn't even want to play for Hawthorn taking his spot.
If Hill doesn't want to be here, goodbye and don't let the door hit on the way out. Give Bill a chance.

He is a 21 year old kid.. he hasn't got the class of Hill and he doesn't do anything defensively better than Hill. Hartungs rightful place is at city oval for the time being, he has time.

This is why player selection and recruitment isn't run by people who let sentiment and pissy emotions get in the way of decision making.

To be honest, I reckon Billy stagnated this year. Really stunk things up before Clarko realised that we couldnt play with 3 runners. Hence Billy back to BH, and Hill comes good. (I'd say Brad then had the space to play his natural game, his familiar role, and he's clicked back into gear). Billy has a long way to go before cementing his spot, and with luck, it may even be at least another year.
No harm in learning his craft at BH.

Bit harsh '89! He has a point.

This is the same poster who said that we should play Brad Hill every game and then drop him for the grand final if we make it. Hill could potentially see out his contract - he's playing better than Hatrung and we would be stupid, and petty, to drop him for the pure and utter fact that he is considering leaving. At least he had the decency to be honest with the club, unlike other players who have left us.

Dropping players for the reasons being mentioned would be a bit of a contradiction to the culture we've created.

This is the same poster who said that we should play Brad Hill every game and then drop him for the grand final if we make it. Hill could potentially see out his contract - he's playing better than Hatrung and we would be stupid, and petty, to drop him for the pure and utter fact that he is considering leaving. At least he had the decency to be honest with the club, unlike other players who have left us.

Dropping players for the reasons being mentioned would be a bit of a contradiction to the culture we've created.

Never read the highlighted bit!

Part of me says if a player is leaving he is out. However, if I was coach I would pick Hill.:huh: Not an ideal situation but the club has handled it maturely no doubt. Can understand why people would feel conflicted or have mixed feelings about these situations.

Buddy was one foot out the door and robbed someone loyal of a GF berth.

I don't understand what you mean by this "culture".

Maybe the poster was headbutted by someone in a nightclub in Narre Warren?

May have affected his judgement.

Never read the highlighted bit!

Part of me says if a player is leaving he is out. However, if I was coach I would pick Hill.:huh: Not an ideal situation but the club has handled it maturely no doubt. Can understand why people would feel conflicted or have mixed feelings about these situations.

Buddy was one foot out the door and robbed someone loyal of a GF berth.

Which is why I said I'm glad the match committee are not blinded by emotion and pick the best 22 regardless. Players are different to fans - most of our players who played with Floglin probably don't bare the slightest of grudges. I don't want him within an inch of the club ever again. You'll probably find Hill has plenty of mates in the side who'd feel pretty dirty if he was dropped for spiteful reasons. Decisions like that can slowly erode a culture inside of a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back