Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a reasonable position. On the other hand, the AFL trying to first sweep the systemic drugging under the carpet and then later making sure Essendon never needs to face public ridicule for their drug scheming means that Essendon has not learned their lesson. So they have languished in Never Gonna Land, losers forever and destined to be losers for many years to come.

I think this result is more delicious than any other possible result.
The fact they were rewarded with the #1 pick for having half the squad suspended for cheating is what gets me.

You get that for having the worst list, not because half of them didn't play because they were cheats...

The fact they were rewarded with the #1 pick for having half the squad suspended for cheating is what gets me.

You get that for having the worst list, not because half of them didn't play because they were cheats...

True, also a strong and valid point. They used that pick on Andrew McGraw, though, did they not? If so, then cosmic justice was hard, hard at work and it did a phenomenal job.

Yep. This. It still defies comprehension that the AFL allowed this to happen.

This is a reasonable position. On the other hand, the AFL trying to first sweep the systemic drugging under the carpet and then later making sure Essendon never needs to face public ridicule for their drug scheming means that Essendon has not learned their lesson. So they have languished in Never Gonna Land, losers forever and destined to be losers for many years to come.

I think this result is more delicious than any other possible result.
The best thing the AFL ever did for Essendon was to completely guide the narrative towards Essendon ‘didn’t know what they were doing and no one had a clue as to what took place’ with thanks to the rushed but very descriptive Ziggy report. It was an absolute game changer.

That still forms the very crux of what most Essendon supporters and even neutrals with little understanding of the whole thing, cling to. “They didn’t know what they were doing or what anyone was injected with”.

It’s only those other pesky countries that dope their athletes like China and Russia, when our footballers plead ignorance as to what went into them, well that’s a different story.

The best thing the AFL ever did for Essendon was to completely guide the narrative towards Essendon ‘didn’t know what they were doing and no one had a clue as to what took place’ with thanks to the rushed but very descriptive Ziggy report. It was an absolute game changer.

That still forms the very crux of what most Essendon supporters and even neutrals with little understanding of the whole thing, cling to. “They didn’t know what they were doing or what anyone was injected with”.

It’s only those other pesky countries that dope their athletes like China and Russia, when our footballers plead ignorance as to what went into them, well that’s a different story.

Essendon is like the spoiled toddler that is never disciplined for being a little shit, so grows up a social reject and human mediocrity. The AFL is like the milquetoast, coddling parent.

I agree all of it is unfair, unjust, boy’s club garbage all driven by brand control and protecting the mates from the consequences of their actions. The AFL’s stage management that event are unforgivable, arguably as serious as the systematic doping program itself.

But the fact that no lesson is ever learned, like George Costanza at his finest, means that Essendon’s entertaining failure has given me far more years of joy that Seinfeld’s nine seasons of never learning a single lesson. I’m not excusing it, I’m simply enjoying the consequences of stage managing no consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back