Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camporeale is apparently now a smokey for the gig. Ricciuto was on the turps at the Alma and overheard bragging that Adelaide have produced a lot of great ACs in the last few years and that it might be time for an experienced AC to take the next step.

A lot of great AC's.......lol. How is that even measured?

Port Adelaide Assistant Coaches:
Mark Williams > Premiership Coach 2004
Alistair Clarkson > Premiership Coach 2008 / 2013 / 2014?

Adelaide Assistant Coaches:
Zero point Zero

West Lakes will be under heavy apricot slice fire if Camporeale gets the gig.

They will stage a diversion during trade week. Dangerfield's cat will be sighted at a vet in Melbourne.

A lot of great AC's.......lol. How is that even measured?

Port Adelaide Assistant Coaches:
Mark Williams > Premiership Coach 2004
Alistair Clarkson > Premiership Coach 2008 / 2013 / 2014?

Adelaide Assistant Coaches:
Zero point Zero

Hint: wait for Stupid to run with the story.

I've had a change of tune and actually believe we may need to brace ourselves for unprecedented levels of chest beating from Crows fans in the coming weeks because i'm now led to believe Clarkson may be more than a pie in the sky fantasy from crows fans.

I've had a change of tune and actually believe we may need to brace ourselves for unprecedented levels of chest beating from Crows fans in the coming weeks because i'm now led to believe Clarkson may be more than a pie in the sky fantasy from crows fans.
I hope they get him. I like it when they have high expectations heading into a season.

That said, isn't he contracted?

It took Clarkson a long time to create what they have with an enormous amount of talent. You still have the best coach by a long, long way.

Apparently Clarkson will be announced as Crows senior coach on Oct 8. I don't often get bits of mail so specific as this. I have my doubts but it will be a massive, massive coup if true. I imagine the drums will only beat louder now until an official announcement is made. It's going to be a noisy 2 weeks.

Apparently Clarkson will be announced as Crows senior coach on Oct 8. I don't often get bits of mail so specific as this. I have my doubts but it will be a massive, massive coup if true. I imagine the drums will only beat louder now until an official announcement is made. It's going to be a noisy 2 weeks.

Mail postmarked from a mystery location in Sydney by any chance? ;)

It took Clarkson a long time to create what they have with an enormous amount of talent. You still have the best coach by a long, long way.

It's not about comparing the 2 for me. Our man fits like a silk glove. The media in this state is generally terrible as it is, it will reach fever pitch all summer if they secure Clarkson.

No arguments from me on this, i love Kenny and i'm so grateful he slipped through to us when you consider the likes of Neeld, Sanderson, Watters, etc got senior gigs ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it does happen, we'll all expect anyone associated with the corollas to be up and about, waxing lyrical about their finals assault next year and booking GF accommodation for 2015.

Of course with those circumstances, it will be difficult to differentiate it from any other year.

It's not about comparing the 2 for me. Our man fits like a silk glove. The media in this state is generally terrible as it is, it will reach fever pitch all summer if they secure Clarkson.

Do the crows have Lewis, Hodge. Franklin, Roughead etc to make Clarko look good?

If it does happen, we'll all expect anyone associated with the corollas to be up and about, waxing lyrical about their finals assault next year and booking GF accommodation for 2015.

Of course with those circumstances, it will be difficult to differentiate it from any other year.

Pffft (sound of Cows hot air balloon deflating). Ask them how Carlton went after pinching Malthouse.

Do the crows have Lewis, Hodge. Franklin, Roughead etc to make Clarko look good?

Doesn't matter, if true it'll limit the drop off in supporters (God forbid those supporters jumping on the "Port for the premiership" train) and Clarkson is good enough to get them to finish in their accustomed 6th place for the forseeable future. Win win. Keep the customers happy.

I think they will land Clarkson. Boltons success during Clarksons absence was probably a deciding factor here (Bolton to coach). Club and coach deciding to move on from the Clarkson era amicably and at the top of his game.

When we went with Primus over Chris Scott in 2011 a lot of posters argued that Scott coaching Geelong to a premieirship in his first season proved he was a far better coach and that his success had nothing to do with the playing list he inherited.

So if it is all about the coach then Clarko should have no trouble taking the Cows to a GF in 2015.

Just look at what an impact Roos has had at Melbourne. :rolleyes:

Camporeale is apparently now a smokey for the gig. Ricciuto was on the turps at the Alma and overheard bragging that Adelaide have produced a lot of great ACs in the last few years and that it might be time for an experienced AC to take the next step.
That would absolutely make my day, so absurd is the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back