Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke "I wanna be prez for life" Sayers has announced Voss has signed a contract extension and that “Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club".

So they forced him?
campaigner had no idea in Brisbane and had no idea for the first season and a half at Carlton. All of a sudden after a 12 week lapse in concentration hes Norm Smith. :think:

campaigner had no idea in Brisbane and had no idea for the first season and a half at Carlton. All of a sudden after a 12 week lapse in concentration hes Norm Smith. :think:
Somewhere, at some time, someone told Vossy he was clever. And Vossy was just dumb enough to believe them.

My favourite line in Carlton's announcement:

“Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club – a coach of great intellect, who inspires those around him and every Carlton person to not just hope, but believe in what is possible if we remain committed and true to who we are, together"

It reads like a parody 🤣

“Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club – a coach of great intellect, who inspires those around him and every Carlton person to not just hope, but believe in what is possible if we remain committed and true to who we are, together"

It reads like a parody 🤣
I certainly hope they remain true to what they are

It reads like a parody 🤣
One of my best mate is a Carlton fan (I know!). He said "He will be sacked by August and paid out. It’s the Carlton way. Get ahead of yourself, sign them up and then realize they are no good and sack them."

It reads like a parody 🤣

I read that while eating lunch. Now I have indigestion.

Very inspiring, even Churchillian. And a call to arms to their fans: we can do this together!

Except recent history indicates otherwise, with Carlton being an impatient club which cuts corners.

And I look forward to more of Vossy’s mimicking of Fly this season. Our coach’s insights are barely out of his mouth before Vossy mangles and misuses them.

I read that while eating lunch. Now I have indigestion.......
Korean Drama Eating GIF by The Swoon

We're thinking of you but serves you right...

“Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club – a coach who parrots the mantras of his successful contemporaries, fooling those around him and every Carlton person to not just hope, but believe in what is possible if we remain committed and true to who we are; a bunch of deluded, self-important, entitled, gormless, cheating pricks".
I’m surprised he went there but credit to him for his honesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It reads like a parody 🤣

And another thing - why the need to say Voss is of ‘great intellect’?

Is it because his intellect has been questioned and is not readily apparent?

Or maybe he just needs some positive reinforcement, a bit like training a toddler or a dog.

Vossy, coach, our inspiring leader - repeat after me...☹️

Or maybe he just needs some positive reinforcement, a bit like training a toddler or a dog.

Lukey talks about Vossy like he is a tax partner at PWC.

Not sure anyone down there has enough grey matter to be able to judge intellect.

Not sure anyone down there has enough grey matter to be able to judge intellect.
I was hoping mv would be rewarded for his brilliant move last year which united the club. Under his continued leadership and excellence as a human being, the blues look likely to stabilise their mediocrity Looking forward to how the press is going to react to their impending dry spell on the field in 2024.

I definitely don't agree with the Pies fans on Twitter who are saying 'karma' in response to Blanck's injury. But its funny seeing Carlton fans get on their high horse about it, when large proportions of their fanbase actively celebrated and relished any misfortune that Milburn incurred during his career.

There is not a fanbase in the AFL without rabid supporters who embarrass the slightly more restrained fans amongst us. Its funny to me when people pretend the more rabid of Collingwood fans don't have equivilents in their own supporter bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back