• Thilthorpe

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I paid a visit to the Ben Keays thread and was surprised how many negative posts are in there, not just criticising him for a bad game (which is fair enough), but claiming he is totally without ability and/or the worst AFL player ever.
This is clearly not the case. Countering facts A, B and C: he's placed 8th, 2nd and 5th in our last 3 BnF.

Anyway, I come in here for the latest on Changes and the latest sport seems to be Tex-sledging.

The following two posts might be flippant attempts at humour (and the posters themselves are usually interesting and add value to threads) but at the core the posts are saying that not just Wilkie but any interceptor enjoys playing on Tex and can intercept-mark at will when standing him:
Any interceptor does
+
As many as he wants
The inference is clear. Tex is hopeless, which is also clearly not the case.
Although he kicked 3 goals last game, he's been attacked as too old, too slow, cannot mark, a liability etc.
Those 3 goals came from a good contested mark, a clever under-the-smother dribble-kick from about 25m out and the last was easier from a chest-mark whose origin looked like a miskick.
That's 3 goals out of 11.
Tex is currently 11th on the Coleman list ie out of 18teams X 6 named forwards (108), he's 11th, and that's not to mention others who kick goals.
He's on track for a 40-50 goal season. ANY Club in the League would take a 40-50 goal KPF.

Please consider the following:
Is he our best player? I don't think so.
Is he our worst player? Nope. For that matter, neither is Keays.
Has Tex played 8 bad games? No. Far from it.

I mean no disrespect to Froggy nor DJ75 and they're not the only ones taking potshots at Tex, but blokes, we are all Crows supporters and taking cheap shots at Tex is:
1) not taking into account his season's form in any way, well, other than negatively, and
2) disrespecting a Champion of the Club.
Tex has played his heart and soul for the Crows and deserves better.

Last edited:
Strange Worrell isn't even in the extended squad.

Should be playing imo.
Nicks will only make changes after a couple of big losses and when he has no alternative but to make them. He is probably the most conservative coach we have had which is saying something.

I want to be angry about these selections, but I also have a lot of time for Parnell as a footballer.

So i'm just going to grumble in the corner about them.
Wait until Crouch is in for Rachele...

I paid a visit to the Ben Keays thread and was surprised how many negative posts are in there, not just criticising him for a bad game (which is fair enough), but claiming he is totally without ability and/or the worst AFL player ever.
This is clearly not the case. Countering facts A, B and C: he's placed 8th, 2nd and 5th in our last 3 BnF.

Anyway, I come in here for the latest on Changes and the latest sport seems to be Tex-sledging.

The following two posts might be flippant attempts at humour (and the posters themselves are usually interesting and add value to threads) but at the core the posts are saying that not just Wilkie but any interceptor enjoys playing on Tex and can intercept-mark at will when standing him:

+

Although he kicked 3 goals last game, he's been attacked as too old, too slow, cannot mark, a liability etc.
Those 3 goals came from a good contested mark, a clever under-the-smother dribble-kick from about 25m out and the last was easier from a chest-mark whose origin looked like a miskick.
Tex is currently 11th on the Coleman list ie out of 18teams X 6 named forwards (108), he's 11th, and that's not to mention others who kick goals.
He's on track for a 40-50 goal season. ANY Club in the League would take a 40-50 goal KPF.

I mean no disrespect to Froggy nor DJ75 and they're not the only ones taking potshots at Tex, but blokes, we are all Crows supporters and taking cheap shots at Tex is:
1) not taking into account his season's form in any way, and
are there many players who get the ball 80 meters out who can distribute the ball off both legs better? No a handful at most. Dont know about this year but his goal assist figures are usually pretty high in the club.

Why can’t we just leave Rachele up forward and give him at maximum just 20% time in the midfield?

He is a forward not a midfielder.

Have to disagree. His future is a midfielder not a forward and that will get clearer and clearer over the next 18 months

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointed we are going with the single KPD strategy again. We have seen this fail over and over. I was hoping Worrell would come in, fair enough if they have decided he is not ready. Last thing he needs is to be rushed back and then receive another injury as a result. But we should have at least given Borlase a go, what's the point of having him on the list when we won't give him a chance even when we have no available key defenders to come in to replace Murray. We would rather go in with an undersized defence than give him a game.

+

1) not taking into account his season's form in any way, well, other than negatively, and
He’s my favorite player, but unfortunately he normally doesn’t go well if the other team has an interceptor.

Pretty disappointed we are going with the single KPD strategy again. We have seen this fail over and over. I was hoping Worrell would come in, fair enough if they have decided he is not ready. Last thing he needs is to be rushed back and then receive another injury as a result. But we should have at least given Borlase a go, what's the point of having him on the list when we won't give him a chance even when we have no available key defenders to come in to replace Murray. We would rather go in with an undersized defence than give him a game.
Borlase is SANFL filler. They likely see Newchurch as the same, won't (and hasn't) matter(ed) how well he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The No Changes Thread: Crows v Saints, Sun May 14th, 12:40pm

Back