Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

They have traded well on top of solid drafting. Mature and close to mature players like Meek, Amon and Impey, Ginnivan have really helped. Amon was close to AA a few years ago.
They attract players to trade for. Which, I think, is helped by this generation of players growing up watching them be great and watching Sam Mitchell.

We have also been a shit show, and will start attracting players at a similar rate once we are competent for a couple more years. At that point we hopefully have a much stronger base of A grade talent than other teams.

How many wins did Collingwood have by under 10 pts last year? They're on their last legs. Awful youth and an ageing team. Will have to recruit very well to be anywhere near it next year.
Hawks look good mind you.
They have had too many injuries this year to try to replicate a season in which lots of little things went right, and had to. Not that I’d sniff at one flag in a row at all - when we win one next I won’t care what happens after that.

A couple of good results so far, * choke for a 2pt loss, Pies spanked by 60+, any possible chance for the impossible dream, Tigers to beat Tarpies ?
On the other hand, if the Tarps win, * are already out of the eight. We cannot lose.

* lost, Collingwood lost. If Geelong lose (which I know is unlikely), I will be the happiest person and we haven't even played yet. Life is good.

It just seems like their main focus every year is to get better and to win. They don’t seem to make excuses. Some clubs have it. Right now we don’t and haven’t had for a long time.
I have respect for them but also a high level of hatred for them, not just because of the Hay trade or Gibbo or the racism saga, but their general sense of arrogance and entitlement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson, Ginnivan and Moore are a very good small forward group.
Just another example of a team profiting off of having dangerous smalls.

8xnevn.jpg

Sort of can't believe we didn't take him. ALthough maybe character-based, as he seems like someone who'd definitely leave for one of the Big Clubs come free agency?

I really wanted Watson. He was pretty much everything we needed inside forward 50.

We’ve disregarded speed and pressure inside forward 50 for far too long.

Geez port aren't a good side at all. Horne is still allergic to tackling and any kind of defensive effort.

They attract players to trade for. Which, I think, is helped by this generation of players growing up watching them be great and watching Sam Mitchell.

We have also been a shit show, and will start attracting players at a similar rate once we are competent for a couple more years. At that point we hopefully have a much stronger base of A grade talent than other teams.

Nah.

Amon they paid good money for. Chol was available for everyone. Impey was ages ago. Ginnivan wasn't exactly hot property. None are stars, but they are doing their jobs.

Unfortunately, it appears Mitchell is a very good coach.

Nah.

Amon they paid good money for. Chol was available for everyone. Impey was ages ago. Ginnivan wasn't exactly hot property. None are stars, but they are doing their jobs.

Unfortunately, it appears Mitchell is a very good coach.
They were all available to everyone and were chased by multiple teams, but chose Hawthorn. None of them were hidden gems that nobody predicted could contribute.

I really want the Tigs to knock off Port but I worry it will give Port fans the satisfaction of ending Ken’s time as coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back