Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Daniel Markworth article

If we go by "best available" rather than going by any perceived needs, we have to consider this kid if he is available at our pick. And going by this article, he very well might be.

"..going for Geelong, i like watching stevie johnson.."

Supports the cats as a kid? Enough said.

But in all seriousness, went to school with Daniel, hes one of those guys thats good at at most things he does, sport or not.

The Bulldogs have the first pick - but Essendon's is after us.
Would it be such a huge surprise if Manson went really early? With such huge upside, after booting 10 goals on the weekend and 4 on debut for Claremont in the WAFL - I'd almost give pick 18 for him.

Rookie Aaron Hall!!

he looks awesome Hobart tigers player
20 years old
80 kilo
186cm
good skills good speed lovely kick i think this could be a good investment for the long term future of the club and im pretty sure he turned 20 this year. :D
GET THE FRICK ON IT NORTH

AFL clubs have been urged to take a punt on exciting WA teenager Waylen Manson after he kicked 10 goals to upstage Brendan Fevola in Darwin on Sunday.

Fevola and Manson lined up alongside each other for Waratahs against Wanderers in the Northern Territory Football League. Manson booted 10 goals and Fevola kicked eight in a guest performance, to set up an 89-point win.

Manson, 18, kicked eight goals the previous week after bagging 10 in the reserves just days after struggling through the AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne. He sat out the beep test, 3km time trial and skills testing at the combine.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10849901/manson-soars-on-to-afl-radars/

Crikey Aaron Hall shows a bit eh? What's the TFL standard like? Really like the way he plays.

Caught up on a few vids. Docherty looks good. McKenzie a bit dull but effective.

Really liked Liam Sumner. Like a second Levi?

Would like to see a cutdown clip of Manson footage, dont' have a good enough connection to sift through hour+ of game footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie-late

This is where I'm confused. If he's certain to go rookie to late, then that means there's 60+ prospects that look more promising than him. So the question begs, what are his down sides? And/or is this draft Really as bad as they're all saying?

This is where I'm confused. If he's certain to go rookie to late, then that means there's 60+ prospects that look more promising than him. So the question begs, what are his down sides? And/or is this draft Really as bad as they're all saying?

Not playing state didn't help him, and the draft is ony "weak" really with a lacking of KPP's There is ony 2/3 genuine KPP's in the top 30 of this draft compare that to somewhere from 5-10 in better drafts, but Hall here looks like he has slipped under the radar

Strange - I know highlights can be misleading, but in a supposedly weak draft you'd think a player like that would be highly regarded.

The TSL is of pretty crappy standard. Hall was playing for one of the worst sides in the competition so he always standed out. From accounts down here he does have a bit of an attitude problem. From what I can gather he was not invited to a state screening. In big games against good opponents he went missing.

Crikey Aaron Hall shows a bit eh? What's the TFL standard like? Really like the way he plays.

Caught up on a few vids. Docherty looks good. McKenzie a bit dull but effective.

Really liked Liam Sumner. Like a second Levi?

Would like to see a cutdown clip of Manson footage, dont' have a good enough connection to sift through hour+ of game footage.

Sumner will be gone before our pick. Has good inside game, but his outside game is where he excels his breakaway speed is excellent. Alot different player to Levi.

The TSL is of pretty crappy standard. Hall was playing for one of the worst sides in the competition so he always standed out. From accounts down here he does have a bit of an attitude problem. From what I can gather he was not invited to a state screening. In big games against good opponents he went missing.

Disagree. The bloke that won the player of the year, Cam Thurley looks pretty special. Can't believe he's never been on our list!

Sumner will be gone before our pick. Has good inside game, but his outside game is where he excels his breakaway speed is excellent. Alot different player to Levi.

Agree, I suspected someone would pickup on that.

He reminded me of Levi only in making things happen when he went near a contest. Levi's highlights at drafttime showed very few pointless possessions.

As a player Sumner looks cleaner but also less aggressive than Levi.

Read the article on Brandon Ellis last night. Seems to be a very disciplined and level headed boy. What's his draft range like?

Read the article on Brandon Ellis last night. Seems to be a very disciplined and level headed boy. What's his draft range like?
In the 15-30 range, going by the mock drafts, although that top end might be a bit high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back