Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's about right. Either way if we did want him we'd have to use our first pick and I would be more than happy if that happened, he is impressive.

Works very hard on the training track, is a leader, good skills, hard at it, beats his man.

EDIT: From Snoop's draft -

# 26 Richmond – Brandon Ellis (Calder Cannons / 181 / 83 / 93)
Love watching this kid because I think he just oozes class and will step up into an AFL environment and make a really seamless transition. He just looks like a footballer and I suspect recruiters love his poise, strength on his feet, safe hands, kicking and decision making. He just doesn’t seem to make mistakes. Doesn’t have elite speed and I think that is why he drops a bit but I have had him as high as 15 at stages. Could well go into the middle as well in later years as he tested pretty well. Lovely pick because he is that Chris Newman type who sits behind the footy and just controls the back half.
AFL Comparison – Chris Newman

Also from Snoop's Draft -

# 18 North Melbourne – Hayden Crozier (Eastern Ranges / 184 / 68 / 93)
People talk about draft depth and the lack of it yet at #18 we have the human highlight reel. With a wonderful array of inside mids like Bastinac, Swallow, Greenwood, Cunnington, Ziebell etc it’s time to add to the x factor pool that really only Wells and Harper sit in for mine at Kanga land (not to say others aren’t but amongst the kids its my observation). Tested terrificly well and has pace, lateral movement, leap and elite finishing. Some of his passages of play are just incredible and he reminds me very much of a young Daisy. Whilst he has been up and down this year he has shown that his best is as good as anybody’s in this draft and he could prove to be one of the best players from this pool in 7 or 8 years time. By the way ..... North are building a very good list. Get on them for top 4 finishes in 3 years!
AFL Comparison – Dale Thomas
Roughie – Thought about Brad McKenzie here. I really believe a touch of outside class is required and he is the next best i rate.

# 40 North Melbourne –Julian Dobosz (North Hobart / 193 / 85 / 92)
Blasted onto the junior scene with some great performances at Champs. Is an overage player who would be well worth a punt at about the point the draft thins out. Good size for a KPF and he makes up for any lack of height with good agility and ability to read the ball coming in. Lovely kick and a guy you have to still watch when ball hits the ground. Nice player and one am keen to track over the years.
AFL Comparison – John Butcher
Roughie – If Kersten was available they might prefer him

I don't think Dobosz will be there at our pick, probably Crozier either (my uneducated draft opinion)

Also from Snoop's Draft -

# 40 North Melbourne –Julian Dobosz (North Hobart / 193 / 85 / 92)

I don't think Dobosz will be there at our pick, probably Crozier either (my uneducated draft opinion)

Yeah, Dobosz seems to be growing in mock draft popularity, and given the dearth of potential KPFs, his stocks have risen.

^ that would be great if we somehow ended up with both crozier and dobosz.

another player i wouldn't mind at pick 18 is adam tomlinson a KPP who can play forward or back and is very atheletic and has good skills

Talken Draft

But In the off season only two thing interest me, One trades, a little boring! Two Draft day so if we look at who's on the table for North @ 18 four Name are being discussed.

Hayden Crozier, out side Mid
Brad Mc Kenzie, in/out Mid
Daniel Markworth, outside Mid
Sam Docherty, HBF

Again we are looking at Mid's Do we need to look outside the square this year??

^ that would be great if we somehow ended up with both crozier and dobosz.

another player i wouldn't mind at pick 18 is adam tomlinson a KPP who can play forward or back and is very atheletic and has good skills

Dont want Crozier. Took one big hanger but done nothing much else. Consistency isn't his best asset. Would much rather Ellis, Doherty or even Dobosz at pick 18. Would be surprised if Dobosz lasted till pick 40. Has a bit of "panos" syndrome about him. Undersize FF with all the tools who was rated by phantom's but not rated highly by recruiters.

I like the sound of "this years Eastern Rangers highlight reel" Hayden Crozier. Worked out well last year with Harper.
If gone I like the sound of Daniel Markworth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just comparing the youtube vids, I don't see the power Harper displayed in Crozier. Crozier did a few little dicky kicks that found targets, whereas Harper broke through tackles and kicked from 50 at full tilt. Harper looked to have a much more powerful kick when drilling it into the forward line.

I don't think Crozier is the way North should go at all.

This guy sounds like he could fill a need haven't seen any vision of him though. I don't mind us going after mature agers with the talent pool relatively thin + bringing in those in their early prime now will have them set for a premiership tilt in a couple of years time.

Snoop:
# 55 Richmond – Brayden OHara (Central Districts)
Elite user of the pill and is to good for SANFL. Plays wing / HB and would walk into a side. Also significantly improve their exits from the back half I would think.
AFL Comparison – Quicker Chris Newman

This guy sounds like he could fill a need haven't seen any vision of him though. I don't mind us going after mature agers with the talent pool relatively thin + bringing in those in their early prime now will have them set for a premiership tilt in a couple of years time.

Snoop:

Too good for SANFL indeed, is one of those players that is constantly 5 seconds ahead of the game (at SANFL level anyway)

Props to Jonts for first of all doing the trial for us and second filling us in on here too. :thumbsu:

Mainly know my SA lads but see bits and pieces of the others

North are one of the harder teams to pick for IMO

Re: Talken Draft

Hayden Crozier, out side Mid
Brad Mc Kenzie, in/out Mid
Daniel Markworth, outside Mid
Sam Docherty, HBF

Again we are looking at Mid's Do we need to look outside the square this year??

Correct....

A kid that has blistering pace and silky kicking skills off a wing is perfect.

I am thinking "Outside the centre square"...:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Brandon Ellis we must get!

Ok here goes with 2nd thread. Just reading the HUN about this kid, he is a solid, shutdown, rebounding defender with a booming kick! That had me sd, add to that he is said to be in our draft range, again I'm sold. But wait, there's more, supported North Melbourne as a kid!!! Must get or the whole world will end or big footy will go into meltdown. The latter being a long odds on favorite, but who knows!

Re: Brandon Ellis we must get!

Is his first name really Brandon?
00fc1.jpg

re Ellis, slow, one dimensional, poor kick, suspect over head, no elite skills whatsoever, won't be able to bullock his way through AFL packs like he does in the under 18's, we already have Swallow and Greenwood in this mould, don't need another.

re Ellis, slow, one dimensional, poor kick, suspect over head, no elite skills whatsoever, won't be able to bullock his way through AFL packs like he does in the under 18's, we already have Swallow and Greenwood in this mould, don't need another.

Bit harsh but tend to agree with this.

Better off at Port or Richmond.

What an enormous pile of faecal matter. On several levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back