The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL stats.
DALZIELL - 33 Disposals. Some good numbers there.
15kicks 18handballs 6marks 4tackles 9 inside 50's

May get a game in coming weeks.

ROUND 3 - 10/4/10

Dalziell makes his Eagles debut away to North Melbourne. A day of poor skill all around, It may surprise some that Dalziells disposal efficiency was 79%, slightly higher than the team average of 76%.

Dalziell = D24 K6 H18 M2 T3 (61 Dream Team points)

Staker & Brisbane play their first away game for the year and win it comfortably over Port.

STAKER = D20 K13 H7 M2 T2 & 1G 2B (84 Dream Team points)

Staker put up a woeful 35% DE, both players had 5 clangers. It can't be argued that Stakers role, playing 3rd tall with Brown & Fevola is a much easier role than Dalziells at WCE to win the ball & provide run & carry (given our current sloppy team game)

I only watched some of the Brisbane game and saw Staker try a few dumb things (Staker brain fades) & Dalziell wasn't exactly briliant but I think Brad gets the nod this week. First game, found more of the ball than I expected him to get.

So as of round 3.

STAKER 2 -leads- Dalziell 1.

The key thing in this debate is, we don't need Staker. In terms of where he plays, he would be about our 6th option for tall forward behind Kennedy, Brown, Lynch, Hansen, McKinley... so basically he is useless to us.

To try and get something from him we tried playing him in a midfield role which didn't work at all.

This trade was win-win for both teams, Brisbane gained Staker who is a #3 tall forward on their depth chart, we gained Dalziell who provides another midfield/wing/half forward (?) option for us. Either way if we didn't trade Staker he wouldve played 5-7 games for us this year.

this a "lose-lose" deal if i every saw one

a guy with absolutely no skill vs a guy with absolutely no composure

hmmm... i'll take a vacant spot on the list thanks

nil all draw.

surely you couldnt give dalziell any points for his game yesterday.

had no impact in the contest besides getting goals scored on him.

seeing Dalziell in the number 18 guernsey , had me thinking of comparison between him and Rowan Jones. His disposal yesterday, was pretty poor.

this a "lose-lose" deal if i every saw one

a guy with absolutely no skill vs a guy with absolutely no composure

hmmm... i'll take a vacant spot on the list thanks

Staker has been useful in round 1 and 2 but jesus, everything he touched yesterday turned to poo.

His effort so far has been top notch though.

yeah i think staker has been fairly decent for brisbane, he should only improve from here (you'd think).

he has immense talent. with 2 bigger and better forwards next to him it allows him to chip in and lend a hand instead of being the main target, which i dont think he is capable of.

i wonder if brisbane will ever try using him in the midfield?

Dalziell looked ok in patches yesterday, mainly when he was handballing the ball to our runners. I didn't notice him much during the game, I was surprised when I saw the stats.

When he pulled out of that 1 on 1 head on contest I wanted to kick the TV screen in. Why play AFL if you're not prepared to put your body on the line. Other than that he was OK.

i wonder if brisbane will ever try using him in the midfield?

He might get asked to have a stint in the ruck this week, if Clark gets suspended. The 5 or so minutes a quarter that we asked of Brennan in the ruck last year.

How do you guys think he would respond to that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might get asked to have a stint in the ruck this week, if Clark gets suspended. The 5 or so minutes a quarter that we asked of Brennan in the ruck last year.

How do you guys think he would respond to that?
Take him to the barbershop and hold the clippers to his hair.

we only used him in the ruck a few times...i remember back in 2007 round one against sydney, cox was injured. he was back up for seaby and competed pretty well.

but yeah, i could only see him being used 5 mins max a qtr. at least he can be used as a ground level player when the ball hits the deck.

where's charman at? bad form or injuries?

Thats a blessing in disguise for you guys in relation to Clark. Hes had a terrible start to the season and looks like he needs a break from footy.

Looked like he was starting to turn it around yesterday, his first two games he was fighting gastro.

Would be very reluctant to call it a blessing in disguise.

Well you've done fine without much influence from him, so getting a smaller player in there would be a positive for you guys considering how tall your side is. Not that you need many more positives, you are serious contendors this year.

Pretty courageous effort by Razzle tonight, especially to come back on and give some value.

For a player not known for his hard ball gets, he put his nut on the line tonight and wore one.

His disposal looked better when he came back on too... maybe the bump to the head reset his radar, like when you whack an old TV. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back