The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

This trade is lose lose IMO, Dalziell has been in and out of the team and Staker has been playing shit. Sure, he may have his flashes of brilliance he is just another athletic player without the skills/talent needed to succeed at the top level.

Saw a highlight clip of brisbane vs geelong today where in the geelong forwardline instead of rushing the ball through under pressure Staker (i think) handballed it over his head, went to S. Johnson who snapped it for goal.

LOL

Glad he's no longer on our team. Voss hasn't obviously given him a brain transplant yet.
That was Hawskley who did that. Staker did manage to somehow get in the way of his players an awful lot, did a better job spoiling his own teammates going forward than the players he was matched up on. One stage he basically fought over the loose ball with his teammate Power, then after he wrestled it off him turned it over with a handball and Geelong ran away with it :D

One could argue that WC are winning - as Dalziell has been poor enough to be out of the side - it means his disposal isn't hurting us whilst he's in the WAFL.

Staker not being quite sh1t enough to be dropped means he stays in the side and is hurting Brisbane with some of his decision making.

It's counter-intuitive, but Dalziell being worse, might actually mean it's a win for WCE ;)

I looked at the DT stats on FF on the weekend and saw the big spud, Hawkins on top of the points table for Geelong and I was like, wtf?

Then I looked who he was playing on...it was Staker.

Needless to say I laughed my a$$ off.

I said he wouldn't play a game of AFL past this year and I reckon Voss will catch on pretty soon what this pansie is all about.

He has gone from Forward line to back line in the last couple of weeks. We've been there, looking for a position he can play, sadly there isn't one.

He has gone from Forward line to back line in the last couple of weeks. We've been there, looking for a position he can play, sadly there isn't one.

I don't think it is a case of "looking for a position he can play"...

More like "looking for anyone who can cover down back with Merrett out".

He'll go back to the leadup third forward role when Merrett returns.

I don't think it is a case of "looking for a position he can play"...

More like "looking for anyone who can cover down back with Merrett out".

He'll go back to the leadup third forward role when Merrett returns.

You have obviously seen a bit of him this year, what is your gut feeling on him, will he be in your best 22 for the next few years or is he a crab?

If you do make the finals I bet he will be the first to go missing on the big stage.

You have obviously seen a bit of him this year, what is your gut feeling on him, will he be in your best 22 for the next few years or is he a crab?

If you do make the finals I bet he will be the first to go missing on the big stage.

He is somewhat useful playing the third leadup tall forward role. The Brown and Fev show works really well when he does that. He has been used as a defender the last 2 weeks because our defence was smashed by injury and suspension. I don't rate him down back, although he did a decent job on Pavlich.

Geez he does some stupid stuff at times though. Not much of a footy brain in him.

Not too upset about the trade though, Dalziell doesnt really offer much at AFL level. Nil all draw.

Yep, I think we have realised pretty early Dalziell is not up to AFL standard.

The modern game does not fare well for slow players who have poor disposal.

He looks classy at WAFL level and the slower tempo suits him, will be a depth players until we delist him.

Will be interesting to see how long it take you guys to work out Staker is more suited to being a ballerina.

Thought we had lost this trade before either player played a game this year. Dalziells skillset is his endurance. At least Staker can have a decent impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staker is going alright considering he's settling into a new team.
He'll take out the Inaugral Staker vs Dalziell - Rowan Jones medal

He'll have a shocker next week. It's the Staker way.

He's really defying everything we know about him because he backed up his good game last weekend with a good game this weekend :eek:

22 disposals, 10 marks - got some props on the Brisbane board for lifting.

Dalziell played well for us too but I think Staker has to take this round as well.

Not sure what is going on but Staker was good again this week. Spent a fair bit of time off the ground injured but when he was on he was very handy.

Just seems to be getting himself into much better positions these days. He is taking a lot more marks and appears to have more space and time. Thought it coincided with a move down back but he had good presence and was a good target across half-forward yesterday.

With a bit of extra confidence his disposal and decision making has also improved, much less of a rabbit in the headlights these days.

He has been going well for a few weeks now. Still early days but he may have actually turned the corner.

17 disposals, 8 marks 3 goals 1 and 1 GA. Was clearly one of our best players last night.

This is pretty much the only thread on BF with anything positive about the Lions in it.
Just shows what a better coach can do for players like Staker with zero in the football brains department. Just knows whats required of him now and thats making all the difference for mine. As soon as Woosha is gone I think we'll see a lot more of Razzle Dazzle and I think he can overtake Staker or atleast match him for output.

Jesus we got r*ped in this deal.

No question it was Staker's time to move on.

But accepting a clanger king, which adds the same skillset as the the rest of our list, was just stupid. The trade reeks of accepting anything we could get.

Would rather a Draft Pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

The official Dalziell versus Staker thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back