The Official Trade and Rumours Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Rivers wants more money and he is one guy we should be making a huge play for. He would be a great young player to add to a side like us who are full of other young players and is worth offering a lengthy $$$ contract.

well, someone like rivers is exactly what we need, Mike is right there, and our approach to drafting makes a neccesity of hard nosed trading - trade for needs, remember? what else could we need more than a good young solid CHB?

If we dont go for these types of trades, and stick with the round 3 pick for tall dud type of deal that we have made an artform of in recent years, then basically our draft/trade policy is a sham.

Using the 'draft the best, trade the rest' philosophy, we should be looking to offload the gilbees and eagletons and macmahons for jarad rivers, right?

stefoid said:
well, someone like rivers is exactly what we need, Mike is right there, and our approach to drafting makes a neccesity of hard nosed trading - trade for needs, remember? what else could we need more than a good young solid CHB?

If we dont go for these types of trades, and stick with the round 3 pick for tall dud type of deal that we have made an artform of in recent years, then basically our draft/trade policy is a sham.

Using the 'draft the best, trade the rest' philosophy, we should be looking to offload the gilbees and eagletons and macmahons for jarad rivers, right?

Not questioning targetting Rivers, I'm just noting that Mike has suggested a vast array of trades many of questionable ability or value.

mike2j7 said:
Jared Rivers wants more money and he is one guy we should be making a huge play for. He would be a great young player to add to a side like us who are full of other young players and is worth offering a lengthy $$$ contract.
has just signed for three years

Speaking of trades, I heard from what I can loosely call a source, that there is talk about Bowden for the Rodent Rodan.

The idea of preseason pickof Bowden for nothing is not on richmonds line, because they are trying to shake a better player loose, and don't want to show that they are using the same tactic as Ottens would do if a trade broke down.
That way they can abuse him forevermore.

Onto other matters.

I have absolutely NOTHING on the line of us trading pick 6 to help get the Ottens deal through, and personally I find it an ethical choice to try and sink Richmond getting anyone good. I'd prefer that Ottens go into a draft for nothing.
Thing is, if we do get involved, there could be considerable opportunity to try and rip off one or more of the participating teams.

Like I said, Richmond now need a proper ruck option quicksmart, and there are none of those available that clubs are willing to part with unless Richmond was to pick a ruck option with 1 or 4.
Thats why there seems to be talk about our number 6, the perfect opportunity to help Richmond get a ruck option.

Funnily enough this all links into Kevin Shehan's phantom draft putting Wood in at number six.

Yet again I say, don't trade 6. Let Richmond have to spend 4 on a ruck option, which gives us a much better chance at Roughhead.

Cheers

BRH

BloodyRedHead! said:
Speaking of trades, I heard from what I can loosely call a source, that there is talk about Bowden for the Rodent Rodan.
We probably have more need for a quick, ball winning, small crumbing forward who can do a stint in the middle than we do for a talented, but not quite KPP, not quite flanker type. I would prefer we got Richmond's 2nd or 3rd round pick into the bargain as well, as Bowden's currency would be higher than Rodan's.

Two quick things.

Anyone got any comments on the value of Nathan Thompson, is he another Hawthorn love me player?

Secondly trade bait, who is seriously up for offer from the dogs: Gilbee, Bowden, Birss?

Anyone else?

stefoid said:
The fact that richmond are in need of a crumbing forward themselves and are willing to offload rodan should tell you all you need to know about his abilities.
Disagree Stef, I reckon they are already well served by Brown and Krakouer in this area, who are both ahead of Rodan in the pecking order. Rodan's confidence has been shot to pieces by Spud trying to turn him into a back pocket last year. He is very clever around goals, quick and can win his own ball as well. Has more strings to his bow than a Milne for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 2 1961 said:
Two quick things.

Anyone got any comments on the value of Scott Thompson, is he another Hawthorn love me player?

Secondly trade bait, who is seriously up for offer from the dogs: Gilbee, Bowden, Birss?

Anyone else?
you would have to suggest Macmahon would be on the market as well

Sedat! said:
Disagree Stef, I reckon they are already well served by Brown and Krakouer in this area, who are both ahead of Rodan in the pecking order. Rodan's confidence has been shot to pieces by Spud trying to turn him into a back pocket last year. He is very clever around goals, quick and can win his own ball as well. Has more strings to his bow than a Milne for example.
Dare say that Wallace would have seen Rodans return to form as a midfielder late in the season.He will play as a midfielder at the tigers next season if Wallace wants to remain competitive.Rodan is to one dimensional to be a small forward.

mike2j7 said:
Cameron Faulkner is more exciting than Rodan and can do the job Rodan would do easily anyway. .
I would trade Steven Koops for Rodan though.
Trade Koops 1 year after trading for him?
Apart from his injury problems whats wrong with Koops?
Whats so special about Rodan as well?

Ching said:
Trade Koops 1 year after trading for him?
Apart from his injury problems whats wrong with Koops?
Whats so special about Rodan as well?

Why would i need to justify my opinion.
I feel Rodan is younger and has better scope than Koops.
I am not gunning for Koopsy but i would take the trade if possible.
I still feel Koops may be able to play a part in our side but he has not lived up to his potential from his junior days, a former club official told me he would be a gun and he is yet to deliver.

No need to justify, just make sweeping BS statements.

Who would want Koops now? Injury prone. Goes from 1 struggling club to another then up for a trade 1 year later. I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs putting their hand up.
His next club in St Marys.

What the scope of Rodan? Ranging from reserves to seniors every second week? He is struggling to get a game at Richmond.

Ching said:
No need to justify, just make sweeping BS statements.

Who would want Koops now? Injury prone. Goes from 1 struggling club to another then up for a trade 1 year later. I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs putting their hand up.
His next club in St Marys.

What the scope of Rodan? Ranging from reserves to seniors every second week? He is struggling to get a game at Richmond.

You lost all your player assessment credibillity when you foolishly tried to suggest we should delist Harrison, a player who was rated 10th by our club in the B&F.
Back on topic
Why would you bag me for expressing my desires of trading Koops for Rodan when you have rubbished Koops yourself? Rodan may turn out to do nothing for our club if he came but as you seem to be willing to flame Koopsy, i am sure you can handle Rodan being given a chance.
He has explosive pace, knows how to find the goals and has a fair bit of size on him.
A good tactical coach like Rocket Eade could do wonders for a player like him who seems to be able to find the ball but just holds the ball a little too long.
Of course you're going to let rip on Rodan but still a viable option from my point of view.
I thought you would be applauding me for wanting to get rid of the same player as you Ching? Not as much sweeping BS as you think!

Why not Bandy to Richmond for Rodent, if they are desperate for a ruck forward. Afterall Wallace has already recruited him once.

Even better, we'll take Pick 20 for Bandy if they're desperate enough, and draft a good tall, rather than recruit a dud one for a change...Boom

Mike
We obviously need another 10 Harrisons. To come 10th on our B&F from our 2004 list, thats a great achievement. I assess we came 3rd last.

I was asking what are the chances of Koops being traded this season? I'd say at least 50-1. If you think they are better, please explain. Is there another club as silly as we are in trading players? if so who? Do they need an want Koops? Have you asked any Tigers fans if they want Koops?

If you think Rodan is a player we need then, good for you. Not many others rate him. We should aim for at least 18 starting 'recycled' players because they will make us go far.

Over the past 3 months you must have thrown around at least a 100 different names of players to trade for. Maybe 1 will work one day. That will be a great strike rate. I will appaud you then.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Trade and Rumours Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back