Mega Thread The Official "Where I am Sitting/Did I get a Ticket?" Freakout Thread (No requests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the very last row in the stadium in 2012 and it was great. Yeah, you're not really close but you can see everything going on perfectly.
Same...we were right next to the cameraman in the very last row....you see us about 4 times in the second half on the coverage....the view and atmosphere were fantastic really it's surprising how well you can see things...

I'm always surprised when people say they don't want to sit up the top and joke about it being the nose bleed section.

Unless you've got a problem with your sight it's a perfectly good view and you see everything.
I'd happily be seated at the very top/back compared to my standing ticket for sure. Everyone who got seats, think yourselves lucky! ...but in saying that, I'm stoked to be going!

I got tickets today so you can remove me from the list.

My ad on Gumtree, he texted me, I rang him, met up with him at Ticketek, small premium ($30 each) to face value. Member who went in the ballot but now has work. Cat 6 tickets high up behind the goal posts so will take my binoculars so I can watch it on the big screen! Oh well, at least we'll be there.

I got tickets today so you can remove me from the list.

My ad on Gumtree, he texted me, I rang him, met up with him at Ticketek, small premium ($30 each) to face value. Member who went in the ballot but now has work. Cat 6 tickets high up behind the goal posts so will take my binoculars so I can watch it on the big screen! Oh well, at least we'll be there.

That's a great result from gumtree mate. I think I have managed to pick up two tickets at face value from a generous AFL member of a non-football related forum I hang around a bit on. Q17 up the top, just happy to be there!

I'm always surprised when people say they don't want to sit up the top and joke about it being the nose bleed section.

Unless you've got a problem with your sight it's a perfectly good view and you see everything.

I don't mind being up the top too much, just pissed that I'm paying Cat 2 prices for a level 3 ticket when I would prefer to be just about anywhere on level 1.

Got row B (i assume thats 2nd from the front) right on the 50, pretty sweet, I can tell Roughie what I think of him ;)

Got row B (i assume thats 2nd from the front) right on the 50, pretty sweet, I can tell Roughie what I think of him ;)
Hawthorn or Sydney cheer squad end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, 10 year member here going to my first grand final! So pumped, first grand final I've been able to make it to. Anyway my tickets are M9 standing room and I was just wondering if anyone has been in standing room before and what they thought of it, and if they had any advice on whether it's worth getting there early for a good spot?

Hey guys, 10 year member here going to my first grand final! So pumped, first grand final I've been able to make it to. Anyway my tickets are M9 standing room and I was just wondering if anyone has been in standing room before and what they thought of it, and if they had any advice on whether it's worth getting there early for a good spot?

Definitely worth getting there early. You'll struggle to see a lot more of the ground if you're looking over other peoples heads.

It's not too bad overall. Only pain is when the ball is kicked high and goes out of view. The atmosphere is pretty good. It's absolutely deafening down there when the chants go up.

Can someone who have been there before share the experience of "standing Room" only at MCG? It is my first time to the Grand Final and my first time to MCG. I'll be standing at M1. Can we actually see the game from where we stand. Will there be some TV that we can watch. If we are too tired, can we sit down on the floor?? Any information is good

Can someone who have been there before share the experience of "standing Room" only at MCG? It is my first time to the Grand Final and my first time to MCG. I'll be standing at M1. Can we actually see the game from where we stand. Will there be some TV that we can watch. If we are too tired, can we sit down on the floor?? Any information is good

Hi Clement, a couple answers for you.

- the view is not too bad, you will just lose the ball when it goes high (the further back the worse it is)
- they don't over pack the standing room area and in your one it is tiered so it is possible to sit on the floor during the breaks with people being able to move in front and behind you. Unfortunately the standing bays in the Ponsford Stand are better than the Southern Stand.
- each standing bay has a TV screen so you can see replays etc, but the live stuff can often have a slight delay which is annoying
- it is better to get in early if you can and take a spot at the front of the standing area so you can lean on the fence if you are tired and to get the best view possible
- wear comfy shoes as standing on concrete is murder on the legs after a few hours.

Hope this helps

Me and my old man are in Q17 Row V, so a fair way up in the Great Southern Stand, but on the wing pretty much so not too bad. What is the top row in the GSS? I know it gets in to the double letters but don't think it goes all the way through to ZZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back