The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your thoughts on Vladimir Putin yebach?

2 great reads on Putin and Russia in general, written by Bill Browder:

1. Red Notice
2. Warning Order
Hi BrisDog,

Are you sure you have a grip on reality? That comment reeks of arrogance.

Red Notice & Freezing Order are the books you're referring to buy the way.

My thoughts on Putin? He is an evil dictator. Only concerned with power and attaining more power.
Using his people as pawns to suffer and die for his ambitions.

To KH. I said Zelenski is a puppet. I stand by that.

BrisDog, you've mentioned a few times that you read. I would advise you to read 'War is a racket' by Major General Smedley Butler. To get a better picture on my stance on wars.

Also, to all the folk who are talking the stance of Biden is doing the right, humanitarian, thing by funding the war in Ukraine. How do you then balance that with Biden helping fund a genocide in Gaza?

A peace plan that likely involved Crimea staying in Russian hands, and no certainty on the occupied Russian 'oblasts'? That's not a peace plan, that's Ukraine being forced to secede territory to Russia to keep everyone but themselves happy.

Also US/NATO are using seized Russian assets to begin to offset cost of supplying weapons to Ukraine.
Given Russias position on any negotiation for a peace deal is that all seized territory remains under their control. Only a stooge would fail to see that their strategy is to freeze the conflict at its current lines of contact, hope for trump to pull all aide, which will see Ukraine whither on the vine. Rebuild their shattered forces and then come back in 5 years to take the rest of the country.

It’s just a continuation of the strategy that Russia has used since the beginning of the Russia-Ukraine war that started in 2014. And as they have historically done throwing bodies at obstacles like confetti they can and will play the long game.

All indications are that their offensive of the last 12 months is running out of men, material and steam. They’ll switch to a more defensive posture and see what happens with the US election in November.
Zelenski is a puppet. And don't believe everything Sky News & CNN tell you.
Puppet to whom and what is your definition of a credible news outlet?

FWIW. I dont care for either of those outlets. Both have a vested interest in covering the clown show that is Donald Trump.

Let's revisit Ukraine 10 years from now.

Sure, if it still exists as its own entity.
I suspect they will go much the same way as Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hence their need to fight for their right to autonomy.

Be that as it may, Ukraine doesn't have enough troops to retake their lost territories.

That may be so, but they’ve fought what was once the world's largest land army to an attritional standstill thats requiring Russia to expend massive amounts of men and material just to take relatively small amounts of ground across a 1000km front. When most pundits thought they would roll through the entire country in 2 weeks.

They made a big mistake by not cutting a deal 2 years ago, things will only get worse.
With whom were they going to cut a deal and on what terms?

The only deal Russia is and has ever offered is one in which Ukraine becomes their vassal state.

Not surprisingly given the history between the two they said no thanks.

Given Russias position on any negotiation for a peace deal is that all seized territory remains under their control. Only a stooge would fail to see that their strategy is to freeze the conflict at its current lines of contact, hope for trump to pull all aide, which will see Ukraine whither on the vine. Rebuild their shattered forces and then come back in 5 years to take the rest of the country.

It’s just a continuation of the strategy that Russia has used since the beginning of the Russia-Ukraine war that started in 2014. And as they have historically done throwing bodies at obstacles like confetti they can and will play the long game.

All indications are that their offensive of the last 12 months is running out of men, material and steam. They’ll switch to a more defensive posture and see what happens with the US election in November.

Puppet to whom and what is your definition of a credible news outlet?

FWIW. I dont care for either of those outlets. Both have a vested interest in covering the clown show that is Donald Trump.

Sure, if it still exists as its own entity.

Hence their need to fight for their right to autonomy.

That may be so, but they’ve fought what was once the world's largest land army to an attritional standstill thats requiring Russia to expend massive amounts of men and material just to take relatively small amounts of ground across a 1000km front. When most pundits thought they would roll through the entire country in 2 weeks.

With whom were they going to cut a deal and on what terms?

The only deal Russia is and has ever offered is one in which Ukraine becomes their vassal state.

Not surprisingly given the history between the two they said no thanks.
Agree with a lot of what you're saying. My point is that the narrative of the US helping Ukraine out of the goodness of the hearts of career politicians in Washington is delusional.
Ukraine is a money making project. Lives lost is just the cost of doing business.

Agree with a lot of what you're saying. My point is that the narrative of the US helping Ukraine out of the goodness of the hearts of career politicians in Washington is delusional.
Of course. It's in the US geo political interest to see one of its main rivals weakened. It's also in its and its allies interests to stop Putins Western expansionism back into its former satellite states in Eastern Europe. That they can use Ukraine to do so and they are willing to risk it all so that The US and NATO doesn't get in a hot shooting war or put boots on the ground with Russia makes it all the more advantageous.

Ukraine is a money making project. Lives lost is just the cost of doing business.
Wars are expensive and the horrific cost is borne by the people on the ground. They're so expensive that after WWII it cost Great Britain its vast empire (hurray!) and much of its ill-gotten sovereign wealth. The real alternative is to capitulate to the aggressor.

The vast majority of the money that the US is spending on Ukraine is being spent in the US replacing time or near time expired munitions and obsolete equipment that the US has in vast storage facilities. Or on running their munitions production around the clock. It's not going to buy another Yacht for Zelensky or one of his ministers, thats just silly Russian propaganda. Most of this war and its aftermath is going to be funded by the $300+billion in frozen Russian assets that (unless we see a US withdrawal after November) at some point will be liquidated and handed over to Ukraine as reparations

Lives lost is the cost of doing business when another country invade yours. All indications are that Ukrainians are willing to pay the price after all its their decision to make.

Last edited:
As an interested observer, I do wonder about the role of stairs in the modern world. I think the case could be made that stairs are a form of domestic terrorism. It's a form of terrorism that we've just accepted and it's been around for a long time.

The AFL have fostered this form of terrorism for many years. Those stairs at Marvel and the G. The final siren has sounded, it's a historical Doggies win and you've had skinful. What could be funnier, yet more insidious at AFL HQ, than watching Monday morning CCTV playback of jubilant Doggies fans negotiating, and not negotiating, the stairs at either venue.

If we really want to change the world we could start by banning stairs and confining their existence to the annals of history.

Last edited:
What ?
Are you back on some weird website ?
Biden is taking Paxlovid, an antiviral pill regimen for Covid.

The drug interacts with several other medications, including statins to lower cholesterol. Biden takes Crestor to manage his cholesterol level, according to his health summary.

Biden’s doctor has likely advised him to stop taking the drug during his Paxlovid treatment, per National Institutes of Health guidelines. “They may need to be withheld for longer if the patient is an adult of advanced age or if the interacting medication has a long half-life,” according to the guidance.

Gounder said the most recent studies of Paxlovid use in vaccinated individuals don’t suggest the drug has a large effect on the course of disease in those patients, but added that Biden’s prescription is appropriate.

'We finally beat Medicare.” President Biden's defenders dismissed those words in the first debate as a gaffe. But it was one of his most accurate statements that night. That's because Mr. Biden's administration has overseen major cuts to Medicare—and promises to cut the program even more in a second term.9 July 2024

Please keep up KH, I understand you are a bit slow, but really?

The Republican Convention. Making America Grate Again ..... and again .... and again.
Huge cheer from the faithful when Vance related how his gran had 18 loaded pistols spread around her house when she passed away.

Fleetwood Mac letting them use 'Don't Stop' ? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Covid is a ruse?
No. The polls put him and the party in an untenable position. He cannot win and he'll take a huge number of them down with him if he continues.

Take the humanity out of it, and consider it from a purely strategic perspective, the best case scenario for the Dems is that Dog takes Biden ..... soon. Everyone gets an out and they can refresh the ticket without it getting messy. It becomes not personal but necessary. Biden's legacy remains intact, the Republicans are forced by convention to say nice words, and the goal posts shift post Republican Convention.

This may seem very cynical. And it is.

BTW. I have no conspiracy theory to suggest that one of Biden's own security detail went to work knowing they had Covid to speed up the process nor am I suggesting it. Biden is old and susceptible. The public know that. But in terms of outcome, there may not be a better one for the Democrats than Biden succumbing to Covid ... or something else.

I'm so desensitised to any human attributes that any of them may have, I just see all of them as chess pieces on an interesting board.

Last edited:
I wonder if the people in Gaza and Ukraine share your opinion of Biden.
Its a binary choice for President. Impeached, indicted, convicted felon, rapist and fraudster being protected by a corrupted legal system or a decent human being.

Decent human being who is old.

Re Ukraine, yep Im sure they love the guy who got them weapons, not the other guy whos party played politics and tried to stop it, Donny boy is Putins buddy (or in his pocket for less savoury reasons, same/same) and no friend of Ukraine.

Re Gaza, yep Beebee is an arsehat, Joes trying to influence him to be less of an arsehat. How is that Joes fault?

Biden is taking Paxlovid, an antiviral pill regimen for Covid.

The drug interacts with several other medications, including statins to lower cholesterol. Biden takes Crestor to manage his cholesterol level, according to his health summary.

Biden’s doctor has likely advised him to stop taking the drug during his Paxlovid treatment, per National Institutes of Health guidelines. “They may need to be withheld for longer if the patient is an adult of advanced age or if the interacting medication has a long half-life,” according to the guidance.

Gounder said the most recent studies of Paxlovid use in vaccinated individuals don’t suggest the drug has a large effect on the course of disease in those patients, but added that Biden’s prescription is appropriate.

'We finally beat Medicare.” President Biden's defenders dismissed those words in the first debate as a gaffe. But it was one of his most accurate statements that night. That's because Mr. Biden's administration has overseen major cuts to Medicare—and promises to cut the program even more in a second term.9 July 2024

Please keep up KH, I understand you are a bit slow, but really?
Yeah not as nimble as I used to be , but good news , still got a few covered on here .

What's the antivirals again that were banned by some goons ?
Which goons ?

What are the chances Ukraine is granted membership of Nato before the presidential election:think:
Trump said he won’t help any NATO countries that don’t pay their debts….

Trump said he won’t help any NATO countries that don’t pay their debts….
But if they are granted membership and join prior to the presidential election they could apply for financial hardship and work out a payment plan, say 10 dollars a month, should Trump become President.

Quite amusing Trump and the whole not paying your debts thing.

The States seems like quite a perpetually indebted country also but like fanny mae and freddy mac, their underwriters probably can't afford for them to fail.

Last edited:
Its a binary choice for President. Impeached, indicted, convicted felon, rapist and fraudster being protected by a corrupted legal system or a decent human being.

Decent human being who is old.

Re Ukraine, yep Im sure they love the guy who got them weapons, not the other guy whos party played politics and tried to stop it, Donny boy is Putins buddy (or in his pocket for less savoury reasons, same/same) and no friend of Ukraine.

Re Gaza, yep Beebee is an arsehat, Joes trying to influence him to be less of an arsehat. How is that Joes fault?
If you’re in the Ukraine and you love Biden you’d have to be brain dead. Russia invaded Ukraine in the middle of the Biden presidency and although this was obviously not Biden’s direct doing, the Democrats were the one’s trying to annex Ukraine into NATO. Something that was promised to Russia that would never happen. Doubt this Russian invasion happens under Trump in 2022? You can never tell but amateur international politics by Biden admin.

I've also noticed that Trump is not sporting over-sized bandages on the injured cheek. I guess razor sharp shards of teleprompter glass to a fleshier part of the body produce cleaner cuts that are easier to conceal or can be stitched.

If you’re in the Ukraine and you love Biden you’d have to be brain dead. Russia invaded Ukraine in the middle of the Biden presidency and although this was obviously not Biden’s direct doing, the Democrats were the one’s trying to annex Ukraine into NATO. Something that was promised to Russia that would never happen. Doubt this Russian invasion happens under Trump in 2022? You can never tell but amateur international politics by Biden admin.
Not amateur. Deliberate.

Russia (not typically catagorised as an ally of the US) welcomes JD Vance's comments about withdrawing military aid to Ukraine. America's actual allies in NATO a little less enthusiastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back