Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard him mentioned a number of times but he seemed to butcher the ball on occasion. Not that he was alone.

not up to it

You've got to love this post.
Phillips overlooked from about two drafts, keeps persisting, manages to play TAC as an overage.
Finally gets the chance of his AFL lifelong dream to play AFL by being selected on a list.
Massive preseason - surprizes everyone by winning a time trial. He busts a gut for this. Plays some good games in the VFL busting that gut and using the ball well. Then finally makes his debut, a good news story really seens as where he came from. Doesn't star, probably average but a long way to go. Then some joe blow comes on a bulletin board, with ^^^ response. Kind of made me LOL. FWIW, I don't think Phillipis will make it either, I guess you need to laugh and have a sense of humour seeings how hard Phillips has worked to live the dream, and then this reply just because he didn't cut someone's mustard.

Last edited:
looks like another guy who will try hard for a season or two and then get quietly dropped off the list.... evidently bucks likes that type of footballer as he drafted tom...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the worst today (witts takes that title) but who on earth would want to play as a wingman in our very sh$t side.

We have no pattern, system and the structure continually fails.

Yes he made a few mistakes, who didn't. I'm sure this guy will make it. Once he gets used to the pace
he'll be fine and will be seen in the years to come as a draft steal.

I liked his debut. 15 disposals (8 contested) at 73% DE, 3 marks, 5 tackles and a goal assist.

Was tough going out there as we were so poor across the park but he had a dip, kept running and got to the right places. Yeah sure he burned the ball a couple of times but if we dropped everyone that did that we wouldn't be able to field a side atm. I'd give him a month and see how he develops.

Did alright given he's a first year making his debut. Worth persisting with given the season is gone.
That sounds sensible.
If he's the future, give him some games.
Likely type

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back