News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

Given that only Carlton & Sydney have made offers to Bradshaw, would give us an indication that we are the only two clubs who are interested in acquiring his services.

Still, according to his manager, we should find out today. Fingers crossed.

They offloaded Lloyd because of his sub-AFL performances rather than his age. He was always a one-dimensional FF, and once he lost his speed off the mark about 3 years ago, he struggled because he couldn't play any other position and became a liability. He was only being played for the past 2 years because he was Captain.

:)

Umm.... You're an idiot. Sorry, but you are. I bolded the most ridiculous statement but on a score out of 10 for idiocy, that whole post rates an 11.

Umm.... You're an idiot. Sorry, but you are. I bolded the most ridiculous statement but on a score out of 10 for idiocy, that whole post rates an 11.

Umm.... I've bolded the bit that should see you take early leave from here. :)

Umm.... I've bolded the bit that should see you take early leave from here. :)

That is just plain incorrect :p

Touche!! :)

But seriously, anyone who says something like that is an idiot. He was the 3rd (?) greatest goal kicker of all time and probably deserved to go around again next year. Had Essendon been in serious contention over the next yr or 3, he'd probably be looking at an extended contract right about now.

I beg to differ I think offering a 31 year old a 3 year deal will rule most clubs out of him.

A number of clubs have stances not to offer players over 30 more than 1 year deals, many others are rebuilding and have recently pushed players out.

Also consider he is asking for top dollar.

What about Collingwood? Where do they sit in terms of pick numbers?
I would say they would sign up Bradshaw (dependant on salary cap) if he was available given that Rocca is now gone and Cloke is hardly a match winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one does. :) Especially not since we were "Gifted" our flag in 2005 ;)

On a serious note, there are some here including myself who claim to have an inside source and have basically been told the same thing, that if Carlton want Bradshaw we will get him. The salary is the only issue, which is why Sydney are/were the 'front runners' as they have offered more.

I have been told his preference is to live in Melbourne rather than Sydney but if the coin isn't offered from Carlton he will sign with the Swans.

I would say they would sign up Bradshaw (dependant on salary cap) if he was available given that Rocca is now gone and Cloke is hardly a match winner.

Pick 14 in the PSD, definately out of the equation.

Nah,they have to sit and think about it and then they'd miss the boat AGAIN :D

There was an article in the Herald Sun today.
Can't find it online, but it was certainly in the paper today.
Was it a quote or that dreaded word "assumption"?

Completely agree Parrot,

Similar situation to the Bulldogs with Brad Johnson.....

As for the guy above he is just bitter becuase Sydney will finish between 11-14th for five years. :)

Completely agree Parrot,

As for the guy above he is just bitter becuase Sydney will finish between 11-14th for five years. :)

I'd have to disagree with this, he played some really good footy in the Finals series and still worth a lot to the Doggies.

On a serious note, there are some here including myself who claim to have an inside source and have basically been told the same thing, that if Carlton want Bradshaw we will get him. The salary is the only issue, which is why Sydney are/were the 'front runners' as they have offered more.

I have been told his preference is to live in Melbourne rather than Sydney but if the coin isn't offered from Carlton he will sign with the Swans.

If his preference is Carlton, I'd prefer you get him. I/We aren't interested in players that don't want to play for us. I'd love to have him, but I don't want us to be a choice made purely on $$'s.

OMFG - Is someone on this thread bagging Brad Johnson. The guy is still an absolute gun.

Cringing

At this exact moment in time he would be by far our best forward.

Completely agree Parrot,

I'm ready for a rebuild after a flag, GF and a couple of near misses over the last 5-6 years. Are you ready for your best shot at it?? What if it has already been?? You may be down with us before you know it and with nothing to show for it.

If his preference is Carlton, I'd prefer you get him. I/We aren't interested in players that don't want to play for us. I'd love to have him, but I don't want us to be a choice made purely on $$'s.

His whole decision was about money (plus his diminished relationship with Mr Voss) as soon as he left Brisbane, it's just basically who offers the most. I don't necessarily think it will change the way he plays for the club he goes too.

My understanding is that he is a great bloke and would give his all for whoever he played for, he just wants to have a nice retirement bonus. :)

His whole decision was about money (plus his diminished relationship with Mr Voss) as soon as he left Brisbane, it's just basically who offers the most. I don't necessarily think it will change the way he plays for the club he goes too.

My understanding is that he is a great bloke and would give his all for whoever he played for, he just wants to have a nice retirement bonus. :)

Fair shout. :) Can't blame him for that. But if the offer were equal, I'd prefer that he chose to come to Sydney. Not just because we dropped another $20k PA on his contract.

Fair shout. :) Can't blame him for that. But if the offer were equal, I'd prefer that he chose to come to Sydney. Not just because we dropped another $20k PA on his contract.

Yeah I understand that, but from what I have been told if that is the case then he will choose Carlton. But hey i could be wrong :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back