News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

Stong mail now the Bradshaw will nominate blues, his only concern is he is not sure he can get to us and as such this is keeping Swans in the mix.

I believe his team are still trying to get a sense as to what the other Victorian clubs will do.

Nevertheless a 3 year deal for 30+ should be enough to scare others off.

Bradshaw + Hendo + Pick12 >>>> Fev and 2nd round pick in crap draft
'

I do know that one of Bradshaw's key queries yesterday was whether we could get him to Carlton. Our guys expressed great confidence that if he nominated us Roosy would leave him alone, but its obviously a key question for Bradshaw - would be a horrible way for him to start out at a new club, having nominated someone else and then getting drafted elsewhere. He wants to be sure that if he picks us, we will get him.

'

I do know that one of Bradshaw's key queries yesterday was whether we could get him to Carlton. Our guys expressed great confidence that if he nominated us Roosy would leave him alone, but its obviously a key question for Bradshaw - would be a horrible way for him to start out at a new club, having nominated someone else and then getting drafted elsewhere. He wants to be sure that if he picks us, we will get him.
Thanks ericpascoe keep up the good work!!! and thanks for keeping us updated:thumbsu:

'

To clarify my understanding is consistent with you if he says no to swans they will let him go. His concern re nominating carlton was that another team may grab him.

Apparently SEN reported this morning that Bradshaw will nominate Carlton today? has anyone heard this ?

he holds all the power in this move... if he doesnt get where he wants to go he will retire...

Ahhh SEN. The doyen of all that is truthful and right!! :eek:

But this time it's different they took an oath.

I swear by almighty god that the evidence I shall give;
To the public of Australia;
In this case;
shall be the truth;
The whole truth;
And nothing but the truth.

Believe it :eek:

But this time it's different they took an oath.

I swear by almighty god that the evidence I shall give;
To the public of Australia;
In this case;
shall be the truth;
The whole truth;
And nothing but the truth.

Believe it :eek:

Yep, Oh wow look *looks up* is that a.......it is, it's a pig?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Daniel picking Carlton is the easiest decision in football.

Swan ROFL.. play for a team on the slide on a postage stamp in front of 20k people YUCK

If he decides on the Blues, it is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Remember last year when the Dons blocked ROK's move to the Blues by threatening to pick him up in the PSD before the Blues. Slightly different situation here, as Bradshaw has burnt his bridges with the Lions. Still, I have no doubt several other Clubs before the Blues in the PSD will at least toy with the idea of picking him up in the PSD against his wishes. The downside of doing this though, is that you may acquire a player who is less than 100% committed to the cause, unless they can convince Bradshaw that they are a good alternative in the meantime. It's basically up to Bradshaw to convey the impression that he really only wants to play for the Blues, without actually saying it. A tricky situation. It would be a small miracle if he ends up at the Blues, even though this is probably his preferred option. :)

If he decides on the Blues, it is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Remember last year when the Dons blocked ROK's move to the Blues by threatening to pick him up in the PSD before the Blues. Slightly different situation here, as Bradshaw has burnt his bridges with the Lions. Still, I have no doubt several other Clubs before the Blues in the PSD will at least toy with the idea of picking him up in the PSD against his wishes. The downside of doing this though, is that you may acquire a player who is less than 100% committed to the cause, unless they can convince Bradshaw that they are a good alternative in the meantime. It's basically up to Bradshaw to convey the impression that he really only wants to play for the Blues, without actually saying it. A tricky situation. It would be a small miracle if he ends up at the Blues, even though this is probably his preferred option. :)

I beg to differ I think offering a 31 year old a 3 year deal will rule most clubs out of him.

A number of clubs have stances not to offer players over 30 more than 1 year deals, many others are rebuilding and have recently pushed players out.

Also consider he is asking for top dollar.

If he decides on the Blues, it is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Remember last year when the Dons blocked ROK's move to the Blues by threatening to pick him up in the PSD before the Blues. Slightly different situation here, as Bradshaw has burnt his bridges with the Lions. Still, I have no doubt several other Clubs before the Blues in the PSD will at least toy with the idea of picking him up in the PSD against his wishes. The downside of doing this though, is that you may acquire a player who is less than 100% committed to the cause, unless they can convince Bradshaw that they are a good alternative in the meantime. It's basically up to Bradshaw to convey the impression that he really only wants to play for the Blues, without actually saying it. A tricky situation. It would be a small miracle if he ends up at the Blues, even though this is probably his preferred option. :)[/quote
IMO clubs would've been more interested in ROK last year as he was only 27 years old at that stage,no signs of injuries from memory so he would've added something special too most clubs.Bradshaw on the other hand will be 31 years old come November and has a few niggly injuries towards the end of this year and the chances of him breaking down sooner than later is a chance.A risk for any club to take,but obviously the Blues think it's worth taking a risk on him IF they land him.

I beg to differ I think offering a 31 year old a 3 year deal will rule most clubs out of him.

A number of clubs have stances not to offer players over 30 more than 1 year deals, many others are rebuilding and have recently pushed players out.

Also consider he is asking for top dollar.

I really hope you're right. But apart from the Swans, I still think the Dons, and possibly Hawks are a chance. :)

I really hope you're right. But apart from the Swans, I still think the Dons, and possibly Hawks are a chance. :)

Agreed but if they were interested you would think they would atleast be sounding him out at the moment.

Essendon pushed Matty L and Lucas out so doubt them.

Hawks with Da' Rough and Buddy not sure he would be of interest.

But yep fingers crossed.

Note: If numb nuts G Miller was at the tigers he would be trying to stuff things up.

I would have to disagree about Essendon especially after they pretty much off loaded Llyod and couldn't guarantee him game time etc why would Bradshaw be more beneficial to Essendon then Lloyd??
Hawks,have they got the coin for him???

At least they didn't suggest we draft Polak. :eek:

I didn't suggest anything. It was only a question I put out there as there was nothing new happening on the Carlton board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I actually thought that was what BF was for, to promote debate and discussion on football topics.

Agreed but if they were interested you would think they would atleast be sounding him out at the moment.

Essendon pushed Matty L and Lucas out so doubt them.

Hawks with Da' Rough and Buddy not sure he would be of interest.

But yep fingers crossed.

Note: If numb nuts G Miller was at the tigers he would be trying to stuff things up.

I doubt Essendon would make a play for him for the reasons you stated above.

The Hawks wouldn't necessarily play Bradshaw in the fwd line which is where his value is for them. Roughy can also play back so they could swing them around where needed.

The question is could they fit him in the cap? (I doubt Bradshaw would want to play in defence in the twilight of his career)

Richmond is in the box seat though :eek:

IMO clubs would've been more interested in ROK last year as he was only 27 years old at that stage,no signs of injuries from memory so he would've added something special too most clubs.Bradshaw on the other hand will be 31 years old come November and has a few niggly injuries towards the end of this year and the chances of him breaking down sooner than later is a chance.A risk for any club to take,but obviously the Blues think it's worth taking a risk on him IF they land him.

Yep, valid points. It's a weird situation this one. Normally I'd be 110% against the idea of adding a 30-31 year old to our list, but the guy is a gun KP forward in career best form and ain't costing us any draft picks and fills a short term need perfectly i.e. stabilizing the forward-line post Fev.

The Blues have a unique situation i.e. have an outstanding midfield, but an extremely inexperienced forward line needing to find it's feet post-Fev. It's a unique need. Other Clubs are either weak in the midfield (e.g. Dees, Tiges, Pies, Dons) and so wouldn't be able to use Bradshaw's ability, or already have an established forwardline (e.g Hawks).

:)

I would have to disagree about Essendon especially after they pretty much off loaded Llyod and couldn't guarantee him game time etc why would Bradshaw be more beneficial to Essendon then Lloyd??
Hawks,have they got the coin for him???

They offloaded Lloyd because of his sub-AFL performances rather than his age. He was always a one-dimensional FF, and once he lost his speed off the mark about 3 years ago, he struggled because he couldn't play any other position and became a liability. He was only being played for the past 2 years because he was Captain.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back