News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

And who is henderson supposed to learn from? DVD's of old games. He hasn't played FF at the lions so to have a proven older performer at the club for however long can only benefit the kid.

You are on a mission to prove you have NFI. Worst carlton poster on this board.

Henderson already learned how to play at full forward he doesn't need to learn how to play,he need games to get better and playing in the VFL will only do him harm.

How great is it for him if say someone playing there for 3 years and his still playing VFL. He should play between 15-22 games next year if fit possibly all 22 if he can in the forward line or back but don't expect miracles if Hurley from Essendon can play like he can,we can do as well or better with Henderson.

Henderson already learned how to play at full forward he doesn't need to learn how to play,he need games to get better and playing in the VFL will only do him harm.

How great is it for him if say someone playing there for 3 years and his still playing VFL. He should play between 15-22 games next year if fit possibly all 22 if he can in the forward line or back but don't expect miracles if Hurley from Essendon can play like he can,we can do as well or better with Henderson.
Just as a rule of thumb, champ, words are a form of communication - a written form of talking. Try reading what you have posted aloud - then change it so that it make some sense to you.......... then edit it again for us!!!!

Not wanting to doubt you, but if he was "adamant" during trade week surely he wouldn't have let the public debate drag on this long. :confused:

I suppose "adamant" was too strong a word, I am led to believe that if we really want Bradshaw we will get him. His preference is Carlton but if the price offered doesn't make the cut then he will look elsewhere (Sydney).

No one has any reason to believe me as this could well be seen as your average BF rumour, but I was told early on the Friday of trade week that this would happen.

Wherever he goes, I think it's great what Bradshaw did. Voss treated the guy like rubbish during trade week, and he expected to get away with it. Bradshaw has been a very good player for many years, and deserves a nice contract wherever he goes.

Seems to me to be a win-win situation for the Blues. If we get him, it'll stabilize the forwardline next year, and maybe the next. If we don't get him, players like Henderson and Kruezer will be taking on more KP forward responsibility and will probably develop even faster. Bradshaw's addition will mainly smooth out the post-Fev transition process, but the core of our developing group is still outstanding.

The only big losers in all this are the Lions, who overpayed for Fev due to some sloppy, ego-driven, amateurish negotiation by Vossy that played into the Blues hands. He should stick to coaching - needs to know his limitations.

:)

Wherever he goes, I think it's great what Bradshaw did. Voss treated the guy like rubbish during trade week, and he expected to get away with it. Bradshaw has been a very good player for many years, and deserves a nice contract wherever he goes.

Seems to me to be a win-win situation for the Blues. If we get him, it'll stabilize the forwardline next year, and maybe the next. If we don't get him, players like Henderson and Kruezer will be taking on more KP forward responsibility and will probably develop even faster. Bradshaw's addition will mainly smooth out the post-Fev transition process, but the core of our developing group is still outstanding.

The only big losers in all this are the Lions, who overpayed for Fev due to some sloppy, ego-driven, amateurish negotiation by Vossy that played into the Blues hands. He should stick to coaching - needs to know his limitations.

:)
hear hear.

I'm starting to wonder just how many of us really want Bradshaw to the club, for what he will bring along, as opposed to wanting Bradshaw for us to feel as though we won out on the Fev deal.

Right now I sit smack in the middle for the possibilty of having Bradshaw come to us.
I could be swayed either way, but am happy for whatever outcome eventuates.

And who is henderson supposed to learn from? DVD's of old games. He hasn't played FF at the lions so to have a proven older performer at the club for however long can only benefit the kid.

You are on a mission to prove you have NFI. Worst carlton poster on this board.

I'm currently working my way through a review of Hendersons games for the Lions that can be accessed from afl.com.

I can tell you that in his first game for them, which was NAB cup 1 vs Dons he played FF. Started on Mal Michael and played well. Led up out of the square, took a nice mark on the lead and goaled.

In round 3 vs Swans he kicked to goals. One leading up from deep and marking 35m out, the other he was in the square shoulder to shoulder with his man, held his man out with one arm, protected the drop of the ball, marked and goaled.

Now......Ipm not sure how exactly you define playing like a FF and playing like a CHF, but these three goals would all seem to fit the bill of "Key forward" to me, and he is a natural.

Having said that I don't think he should waste his time in the VFL, but having Bradshaw alongside him will help greatly. While he is a natural there is always more to learn, and Bradshaw strikes me as the "teaching/giving/space sharing" type rather than the "this is my F50/I'm the gun FF, you're the underling/get in my way and I'll put you in hospital type".........no examples or names leap to mind :D

Henderson to play from the outset and hopefully holds his spot on form. Bradshaw to play alongside him if we get him, otherwise either Waite or Austin. :thumbsu:

HARKER said:
I'm starting to wonder just how many of us really want Bradshaw to the club, for what he will bring along, as opposed to wanting Bradshaw for us to feel as though we won out on the Fev deal.
It would only be the icing on the cake.
Henderson and pick 12 was as good as we could have hoped for for a guy that has 3 top years and a couple of good ones left in him (AFL sanctions aside).

Bradshaw would be coming in to ease the transition from Fev to kids, that's all. If he comes in the transition will be smoother and we should at least hold our ladder position.
If he doesn't then at least the first half of next year could be a little bumpy, and we could expect to drop back a bit and be fighting late in the year to make the 8.

Possible short term pain for longer term gain.

I'm currently working my way through a review of Hendersons games for the Lions that can be accessed from afl.com.

I can tell you that in his first game for them, which was NAB cup 1 vs Dons he played FF. Started on Mal Michael and played well. Led up out of the square, took a nice mark on the lead and goaled.

In round 3 vs Swans he kicked to goals. One leading up from deep and marking 35m out, the other he was in the square shoulder to shoulder with his man, held his man out with one arm, protected the drop of the ball, marked and goaled.

Now......Ipm not sure how exactly you define playing like a FF and playing like a CHF, but these three goals would all seem to fit the bill of "Key forward" to me, and he is a natural.

Having said that I don't think he should waste his time in the VFL, but having Bradshaw alongside him will help greatly. While he is a natural there is always more to learn, and Bradshaw strikes me as the "teaching/giving/space sharing" type rather than the "this is my F50/I'm the gun FF, you're the underling/get in my way and I'll put you in hospital type".........no examples or names leap to mind :D

Henderson to play from the outset and hopefully holds his spot on form. Bradshaw to play alongside him if we get him, otherwise either Waite or Austin. :thumbsu:
bigkev.gif

That's why they pay you the big bucks BB!

In terms of BigFooty posting, I liken you to a hard inside mid! Zillmere there is more you soft outside Milne type :D

I'm starting to go cold on him.

His decision-making has always been a strength, but his inability to make a decision b/w us and the Swans yet makes we wonder if this might be slipping. :rolleyes:

After I read that thread that was about a 5 day old article but didn't realise that till I read the posts... but in the time before hand... I found out that I really didn't care if Bradshaw came to us or not... I thought i'd be more pissed off that he chose not to come to us (or try to get to us) but I really wasn't...

I still would love to get him, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he chose the Swans... as long as he makes his intentions clear and we know where we sit during draft day (i.e. keep a pick in the PSD or use them all in the ND) I'll be happy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I sit smack in the middle for the possibilty of having Bradshaw come to us.
I could be swayed either way, but am happy for whatever outcome eventuates.

As the list currently stands if any of our talls fall over then we are relying on Fisher and Cloke...

answer your question ;)

As the list currently stands if any of our talls fall over then we are relying on Fisher and Cloke...

answer your question ;)

I'm probably wrong, but I am really 50/50 on Braddy
I can see the argument from both pro and con perspective, hence, I don't really care.

Anyway, nothing I say here is going to influence the end result so I will be neither jumping out of my skin or falling into despair once "his" decision is made.

answer your question ;)
Very true .... however Waite fell over last season, and if Fev had fallen over, we were relying on .....?

With Edwards and Hartlett dismissed though, we definitely need a couple of backups.

Henderson for Fev takes care of one, although it removes a little bit of forward pressure I think. If Pick 12 is a tall, that replaces one of the two delisted talls. Bradshaw would replace the other.

It would only be the icing on the cake.
Henderson and pick 12 was as good as we could have hoped for for a guy that has 3 top years and a couple of good ones left in him (AFL sanctions aside).

Bradshaw would be coming in to ease the transition from Fev to kids, that's all. If he comes in the transition will be smoother and we should at least hold our ladder position.
If he doesn't then at least the first half of next year could be a little bumpy, and we could expect to drop back a bit and be fighting late in the year to make the 8.

Possible short term pain for longer term gain.

This year R11 IIRC, we played Brisbane and Henderson played in defence with a short stint or 2 up forward. I watched that game the other day and was very impressed with Henderson. It shows why Bris fans are cut that his gone.

FYI, Hendo spent most of his (brief) time in his U18 yr up forward, mostly FF the games i watched, but was thrown down back at times too.....I don't follow the U16's so can't comment with any authority, but my best guess is he would have played forward at U16 level too....

Lions played him back to further his development

Stong mail now the Bradshaw will nominate blues, his only concern is he is not sure he can get to us and as such this is keeping Swans in the mix.

I believe his team are still trying to get a sense as to what the other Victorian clubs will do.

Nevertheless a 3 year deal for 30+ should be enough to scare others off.

Bradshaw + Hendo + Pick12 >>>> Fev and 2nd round pick in crap draft

Cant wait to see Hendo in action!!! I'm sure he has a point to prove by showing off his talents:thumbsu: Another pre season under his belt,this kid will be a gun in the future for th CFC.

Stong mail now the Bradshaw will nominate blues, his only concern is he is not sure he can get to us and as such this is keeping Swans in the mix.

I believe his team are still trying to get a sense as to what the other Victorian clubs will do.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Big Red:thumbsu:

Source?

As long as your mail didn't come from the same source that said that Carlton were bluffing and Fev would still be at Carlton in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back