News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

It could also mean he's given us every reason to be quite confident, otherwise why bother mentioning it? There's no reason to pressure anyone in this situation, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Well the supporters are getting over it so the clubs too will want to concentrate on the next phase. If Bradshaw chooses Sydney, Carlton can plan its list accordingly as we will be unlikely to use the PSD pick IMO. If he chooses us, we have to keep a pick spare, plus talk to other players likely to go in the PSD in case another team takes him ahead of us.

Training starts again on 2nd November as well. The list lodgement is 31st October and picking up an extra player could affect that lodgement. Plus it is giving false hope to one group of supporters the longer it goes. I'd much rather move forward with or without Bradshaw, hopefully with, but move forward regardless.

SO you believe everything you hear on 10 news ??????? :eek:

They're also allowed to spread rumours???:D

Well a prominent Melbourne identity spread the rumour that Judd was going to nominate Melbourne as his preferred destination.

Mentioning no names Garry Lyon.

And if it was Channel 10 wouldn't it be carried in Melbourne and Sydney?

That was mentioned earlier. If it states that the Swans are 'hoping to announce', that means that Bradshaw has not given them an answer yet.

They pretty much just want him to make his choice so they can continue planning with or without him. It's a pressure tactic.

I'm happy either way to be honest. Our window opens in a couple of years but Bradshaw might give us a slight hope of doing pretty during that time.

Exactly.
I suspect they have put an offer to DB, and he/his manager have said that the Swans will have an amswer by Friday.

At this stage, it's just pure speculation by channel 10. They are hedging their bets.

Cant imagine the Blues would've bothered having a second meeting with Bradshaw if Bradshaw wasn't at all interested in the move???
Friday's seem the day for annoucements.

The source that has told me this information is still adamant that he wants to come to Melbourne and play with Carlton.
Not wanting to doubt you, but if he was "adamant" during trade week surely he wouldn't have let the public debate drag on this long. :confused:

Not wanting to doubt you, but if he was "adamant" during trade week surely he wouldn't have let the public debate drag on this long. :confused:
Money,Money,Money????? :D
By dragging it out it's sure put my coin in his pocket whichever club he goes to.

Not really fussed about this "decision". Good if he gets to the Blues, but no big deal if he doesn't. Sydney seem way more desperate to me. Even if he says he wants to go to the Blues, it's still far from a certainty anyway. Brisbane supporters seem more interested in this decision because they don't want him to get to the Blues as it'll remind them of the huge cost of Vossy's Trade Week spending spree. :)

Not really fussed about this "decision". Good if he gets to the Blues, but no big deal if he doesn't. Sydney seem way more desperate to me. Even if he says he wants to go to the Blues, it's still far from a certainty anyway. Brisbane supporters seem more interested in this decision because they don't want him to get to the Blues as it'll remind them of the huge cost of Vossy's Trade Week spending spree. :)
They dont want Bradshaw coming to us because they know they'll never hear the end of it from us!!!:p

Based on what? The Blues have offered a similar deal to a 31yr old forward, any "desperation" is only put out there by the media, not actual quotes from the Swans.

They dont want Bradshaw coming to us because they know they'll never hear the end of it from us!!!:p
Well that's enough reason to recruit him for me.:D

That was mentioned earlier. If it states that the Swans are 'hoping to announce', that means that Bradshaw has not given them an answer yet.

They pretty much just want him to make his choice so they can continue planning with or without him. It's a pressure tactic.

I'm happy either way to be honest. Our window opens in a couple of years but Bradshaw might give us a slight hope of doing pretty during that time.

What was mentioned earlier?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fussed either way. Even if he did want to play at Carlton next year, he has to be there by our pick...........which is unlikely. Hop ewe aren'y offering what is being rumored. 2 years tops, 3 is too risky.

Think he will be at the swans next year, good luck to him and them.

Been hearing Friday is D Day. Is this the case? Tomorrow we'll find out where he wants to head up.

My want for Bradshaw has waivered past coupld of days as I'm licking my lips at the thought of a Kreuzer, Henderson forward line. But no doubt brads would be a welcome addition.

What was mentioned earlier?
The Channel 10 bit about the Swans hoping to announce Bradshaw's intentions. Was mentioned earlier in the thread and then again later as though it was new.

The Channel 10 bit about the Swans hoping to announce Bradshaw's intentions. Was mentioned earlier in the thread and then again later as though it was new.

Oh Ok. I see what you mean. What are your thoughts on what I was asking? That being, Is it allowed for a player or club to announce a preferred destination? I keep hearing that it is considered draft tampering for a player to nominate a club, in other words saying that he doesn't want to play for any club except for the one he has chosen.

Oh Ok. I see what you mean. What are your thoughts on what I was asking? That being, Is it allowed for a player or club to announce a preferred destination? I keep hearing that it is considered draft tampering for a player to nominate a club, in other words saying that he doesn't want to play for any club except for the one he has chosen.
They can announce a preferred destination but they are not allowed to say that they will not play for anybody else or dissuade teams from drafting them.

However as others have said, the AFL will not do anything about it as the whole system is a potential house of cards and it only takes one person to challenge the draft and it all falls down. Clubs will be encouraged to let a player get where he wants to go to preserve the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back