News TOP SECRET - The Bradshaw File *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans set to learn of Bradshaw's decision

Yep, that may have contributed but I'm farily sure the $600k a season the Saints offered sealed the deal. Whats that saying "Sticks and stones"

My Brother-in-law worked at the club at the time and got pretty good inside info that we offered him $300K ($305 to be precise) with a promise he would be upgraded when Bradley, Ratten and Mackay retired. At the time the club ranked the players and Hamill was ranked 7th.

I believe offer from the Saints was around $550K.

He had also signed a Stat Dec to say he would enter the PSD if we didn't trade him to the Swans (that was where he was trying to get to). Struck last minute deal for Pick 4 with the Saints (and what a waste of pick that was !!).

If you recall, Mike Sheahan wrote an article titled 'For Sale' with Hamills photo (and 3 others - Allan, Franchina I think).

Basically, from the moment he kicked 8 goals in the 2000 First-Semi against Brisbane, he was ready to cash in his chips.

He was up for sale and long gone before Big Jacks speech at the B&F.

This is why it pissed me off so much - have no grudge against a player going for more money. That's business and they are entitled to look after themselves.

What got to me the most was his manager Allison coming on radio next day crying crocodile tears about Big Jacks speech - it was all about money !!

... but I'm over it now :(

Our boys up in Brisvegas today meeting with DB and family. Came away pretty confident without being overly bullish. Very confident that DB will get to go where he chooses to, so its down to him. Decision expected very soon.

Our boys up in Brisvegas today meeting with DB and family. Came away pretty confident without being overly bullish. Very confident that DB will get to go where he chooses to, so its down to him. Decision expected very soon.

Cheers mate. Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know this? I've been looking for info on it a fair bit today and the best I got was just now on Ten News saying that Sydney is expected to announce the signing of Bradshaw tomorrow. I too think that wherever he nominates he'll get to,and would absolutely love him, but i've been getting the feeling (especially up here in Sydney), that the Swans are strong favourites

Earlier in this thread I had a go at star chamber. I wanted to apologise for that. On reflection it was out of order to have a go at another Carlton poster.

Sorry SC. I still think it would be great to get Bradshaw for any length of time.

Cheers mate. Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know this? I've been looking for info on it a fair bit today and the best I got was just now on Ten News saying that Sydney is expected to announce the signing of Bradshaw tomorrow. I too think that wherever he nominates he'll get to,and would absolutely love him, but i've been getting the feeling (especially up here in Sydney), that the Swans are strong favourites
eric pascoe posted on the Friday that we would get a better deal than Bradshaw and Rischitelli for Fevola. ;) :thumbsu:

It's OK to attack people if you're on the special list like thylacine.

Even AndyWalkersGirl is fair game for Captain Grumpy Pants. :thumbsu: :thumbsdown:

eric pascoe posted on the Friday that we would get a better deal than Bradshaw and Rischitelli for Fevola. ;) :thumbsu:

Yeh I couldn't remember who was the resident Carlton insider. Tis him?

Judge me by my record:p

i love campo, always have always will.
but what i love more is that essendon love taking our players that are finished and just clog up the list.

Dont write that shit mate....weve done it worse than they have over the years...Doering, Bannister, McGrath arent prized picks...

Thanks for the update eric.
Given that DB has already seen our facilities, and will have been briefed about where Ratts and co see's the club going, fingers crossed he chooses finishing his career at Visy Park.

Just heard from a little bird (not my usual sources) that Bradshaw contary to media reports, has knocked back Sydney. Wants to get to Victoria asap. Our mob are still making overtures as we speak.

If this proves to be correct, it is logical because wouldn't Paul Poos be trumpeting the good news if they had agreed to a deal in principal?

Only a rumour, but better than the deadly silence that we have been hearing. Cross fingers! ;)

Just heard from a little bird (not my usual sources) that Bradshaw contary to media reports, has knocked back Sydney. Wants to get to Victoria asap. Our mob are still making overtures as we speak.

If this proves to be correct, it is logical because wouldn't Paul Poos be trumpeting the good news if they had agreed to a deal in principal?

Only a rumour, but better than the deadly silence that we have been hearing. Cross fingers! ;)
Thanks for the insight BrizzyBlue,good work mate:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confident without being bullish..hmmm :confused: Hope he will get where we choose !

He sent me a PM before Day 5 of trade week started saying that the deal for Henderson and #12 was about to go down, so obviously has some inside information.

A post from the Sydney board anybody else see this??????

Quote:
On Ch10 just then Swans are hoping to announce that Bradshaw will sign with us tomorrow. IM guessing it is just an in principle deal and cannot be acted on before the draft anyway. Also Longmire and Blakey are working with the All Blacks LOL

Keeps on getting better and better. If this is true, and I am not doubting you BrizzyBlue, then you'd have to think we'd be in with a massive chance of securing DB next year.

If you guys don't mind, can you keep us updated as best you can?

QUOTE=Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite;16112109]Cheers mate. Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know this? I've been looking for info on it a fair bit today and the best I got was just now on Ten News saying that Sydney is expected to announce the signing of Bradshaw tomorrow. I too think that wherever he nominates he'll get to,and would absolutely love him, but i've been getting the feeling (especially up here in Sydney), that the Swans are strong favourites[/QUOTE]

Isn't it that a club can't do that? They call it "Draft tampering" or something. IIRC a player can't even mention which club he prefers. I might be wrong.
Like I have said many times before the quicker free agency comes about the better.

That was mentioned earlier. If it states that the Swans are 'hoping to announce', that means that Bradshaw has not given them an answer yet.

They pretty much just want him to make his choice so they can continue planning with or without him. It's a pressure tactic.

I'm happy either way to be honest. Our window opens in a couple of years but Bradshaw might give us a slight hope of doing pretty during that time.

Seems something's gone haywire between ericpascoe & Brizzyblue's posts and now this all in a matter of 30 minutes or so???? Weird......:confused:

If you havnt already seen my thread which I posted on the friday of trade week saying that Bradshaw was going to retire and wanted to come to us via the PSD I suggest you have a read. The source that has told me this information is still adamant that he wants to come to Melbourne and play with Carlton.

If you havnt already seen my thread which I posted on the friday of trade week saying that Bradshaw was going to retire and wanted to come to us via the PSD. The source that has told me this information is still adamant that he wants to come to Melbourne and play with Carlton.
So the Sydney channel 10 news is talking shite????:confused:

That was mentioned earlier. If it states that the Swans are 'hoping to announce', that means that Bradshaw has not given them an answer yet.

It could also mean he's given us every reason to be quite confident, otherwise why bother mentioning it? There's no reason to pressure anyone in this situation, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back