Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiz's theory of taking 75 to the draft could be a goer if ruck is a big priority

Like this...???

8c540a5425afe37d3cd63634c9ee004b.jpg

I really really really love this photo Hoges. Great post man.

Go doggies.

Seanybruz has O'shea been delisted yet?
He has now :(

Through all his faults I thought he had the makings of a decent 3rd tall intercept defender when he had confidence & the coaches backing, also tended to play his best footy in the later stages of the year & finals.

If he does end up with you guys I wish him the best & hope he does well if given the opportunity.

Not yet

View attachment 305751

Ok, so some updates. Dally was in Perth interviewing Tim English during the week. We'd love to get him if he slips, otherwise, it's best available. But a ruck is top of the pile if we can get a good one.

Kieran Collins has been training his arse off ever since the GF, club loves him and he's seen as the future defender.

Adams isn't disliked by the team, he's just his own man and a different cat, and Bevo loves him but he's probably going home. His body is a temple and he's committed etc but the fit mightn't be awesome.

Roarke is a major part of the cog. Athletic beast and he reckon he's a freak going forward.

Brad Lynch is a different kid but he loves footy and is desperate to make it.

Hamling went only very partly because of family, but mainly because of a guaranteed longer term. Money wasn't far apart.

We're desperately trying to go back to back :)

Very much like the Collins reference. Thanks Pann good work as usual.:thumbsu:

Our backline very much look like this in the next 2 years, an extra 12 months development into our young guys at VFL level isn't a bad thing.

Boyd Adams wood
JJ Morris Biggs

Smith Collins wood
Williams cordy jj

There is every chance that we go for a big name key back type and allow cordy playing that 3rd tall role

You said that we only kept Declan Hamilton on the list to have an
obvious delisting for next year, i think our list manager would have
other motives for keeping him on the list, like maybe he is a late
bloomer or very physically immature or he is Jarman related.:eek:

Whatever the reason he'd want to play a fair bit better this year. Hasn't really looked like it so far. I think to a point he was saved by us having late draft picks tbh.

Our backline very much look like this in the next 2 years, an extra 12 months development into our young guys at VFL level isn't a bad thing.

Boyd Adams wood
JJ Morris Biggs

Smith Collins wood
Williams cordy jj

There is every chance that we go for a big name key back type and allow cordy playing that 3rd tall role
Is that Clay Smith you have in a back pocket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever the reason he'd want to play a fair bit better this year. Hasn't really looked like it so far. I think to a point he was saved by us having late draft picks tbh.
I think the sub rule gave us the opportunity to get the young
players around the group like Webb and Dale for example, but
this year they almost became VFL staples. I agree with you
on Declan Hamilton and even Josh Prudden as well. 2017 will
be a very interesting year for us in terms of game time
allocation and the balance between young and old players.

You said that we only kept Declan Hamilton on the list to have an
obvious delisting for next year, i think our list manager would have
other motives for keeping him on the list, like maybe he is a late
bloomer or very physically immature or he is Jarman related.:eek:

Of course he would, but surely it comes into thought of a list manager to avoid losing decent depth players for nothing as there are no list spots left (sound familiar). JM would have a fair idea who is likely to be delisted next year.

Of course he would, but surely it comes into thought of a list manager to avoid losing decent depth players for nothing as there are no list spots left (sound familiar). JM would have a fair idea who is likely to be delisted next year.
You are right, but i think this will always be the case when you
have a list balance that is still fairly young in terms of games
played and with one player taking up such a large percentage
of the TPP.

Even though I'm a frequent attendee at the church I think it's a great move delisting / rookying (if that's not in the dictionary it should be) Prudden. Offers many options: use pick 75 for a VFL player such as Long or Hannan, upgrade Smith to the main list or snap up a free agent in the pre-season draft. Will be interesting which way they go.

Even though I'm a frequent attendee at the church I think it's a great move delisting / rookying (if that's not in the dictionary it should be) Prudden. Offers many options: use pick 75 for a VFL player such as Long or Hannan, upgrade Smith to the main list or snap up a free agent in the pre-season draft. Will be interesting which way they go.

Why wait until the prrseason draft when they can be picked up from Tuesday ?

Surely someone bites on long before 75.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back