Mega Thread Trade/Draft/Delist SuperMegaUltrathread - 2016/17 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the more picks the better and from what I gather the talent pool is pretty even through the first 20 or more players after the top handful

There's not much we have to trade to improve picks 31 and 49 so that's why I've said it may be worth considering trying to get two slightly later picks for pick 12 to get an extra pick. Something both you and Play by Numbers seem to disagree with which is fine

My main point is that if, and I stress if, the club is really keen on SPP such that they're almost certainly intending to take him at 12, then it makes some sense to downgrade that pick because it seems like sheed we'd have more interest in him than other clubs

Regardless of what we pontificate about on here though it's imperative that the club gets this draft right as it hasn't been since 2010 that we've scored big.
Would you consider Masten as tradeable - I think GC would have interest and there is definite value there.
E-Mac also has value and may still be traded along with the possible Brown compo - use this as a pick upgrade.

Lets buy in to the mutherfunker and hit the draft hard.

Lamb?

Are we able to match an offer to Brown and force a trade also? could net a pick upgrade if so?
Lamb is one option but there doesn't appear to be much interest in him (Barrett on trade radio didn't even know who he was) so any upgrade would be minimal

Brown is an unrestricted free agent so we can't match to force a trade. Our best hope would be that he wants to go somewhere like north who are losing a player (wells) to FA and wouldn't want to bring someone in that would tefuce their compo. Best we can hope for with brown is a 3rd round compo pick but that's optimistic I think

He never ceases to amaze me,the 33 yo that hasn't rucked for some time and looked pretty burnt out later in the year surely there are better options for what we have heard and you'd think Hagdorn has heard about them as well ,to me you'd go after the best you can get ,you never know how NN will come back from his injury

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has Petrie ever played ruck? Where is this coming from? He seems to have been a forward / centre half forward... It is hard to define his position when he is only getting 4 possessions a game. If he was playing ruck, i'm sure it was because he was getting trounced in another position.

Jetta has elite kicking. The way the game has gone, with the flooding of contests and rolling mauls, beasts at the contest are what we need. Players who are not contested beasts have little impact now ... cue Jetta, Hill, Master and co. The pepper shaker is just what we need, and if we use 12 for him, I'm fine with that.

WCE would be, and possibly will be a bottom 4 side without Priddis....

Has Petrie ever played ruck? Where is this coming from? He seems to have been a forward / centre half forward... It is hard to define his position when he is only getting 4 possessions a game. If he was playing ruck, i'm sure it was because he was getting trounced in another position.

Just pinch hitting I think,with all due respect to his career I can't see him doing the job that we need ,if NN doesn't come back the same we'll need someone more suited

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

you can't deny Stevens would be handy for us now. could conceivably be in the dogs' best 22, which would easily place him in ours. he always killed the wafl, week in, week out. always had very good number for east Fremantle. something absolutely none of our current depth players are capable of doing. he never got a look in, and for what? to let priddis be an average campaigner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you gonna direct pat footy to that thread too? clearly has irrational love of priddis, states we'd be bottom 4 without him.

don't we have a 100 percent winning record without him? by that logic, we'd be premiers.

I just directed you to the Priddis hate thread where you can vent without disrupting this discussion.

No need to start a shitfight here, take it over there.

I just directed you to the Priddis hate thread where you can vent without disrupting this discussion.

No need to start a shitfight here, take it over there.

Strange but I can't find a priddis hate thread.
That link directs me to a Matt priddis discussion thread?

Discussion regarding trades and recruiting involves all our players on the list. Who we have or don't have affects who we trade and who we draft dont you think?

All of a sudden someone can't talk about priddis but darling can be discussed for 30 pages in here without people being redirected to a darling hate thread. Go figure.

Strange but I can't find a priddis hate thread.
That link directs me to a Matt priddis discussion thread?

Discussion regarding trades and recruiting involves all our players on the list. Who we have or don't have affects who we trade and who we draft dont you think?

All of a sudden someone can't talk about priddis but darling can be discussed for 30 pages in here without people being redirected to a darling hate thread. Go figure.
Any other player on the list can be discussed bar curlylocks?

I'm just trying to avoid an endless argument by linking to that thread which is mainly discussing how Priddis is somehow bad.

Since opinion on him is pretty divided on here, a "discussion" on him could last around 30 pages, which no one really wants.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to avoid an endless argument by linking to that thread which is mainly discussing how Priddis is somehow bad.

Since opinion on him is pretty divided on here, so a "discussion" on him could last around 30 pages, which no one really wants.

Also pointless in a thread about trading and drafting, pretty sure Priddis is going to retire an Eagle, much to the consternation of some.

Since opinion on him is pretty divided on here, a "discussion" on him could last around 30 pages, which no one really wants.

Ditto re darling as I said but where was your instruction to go to the darling thread?

Reimers opinion is priddis is hindering the development of others on our list. If you don't agree with it state why but why try shut him down in here since he and every other player on list affects who we recruit and who we develop.

It's a valid point.

Emac was injured and barrass stepped up and got his opportunity which kept emac out of the side.
Would barrass have got his opportunity tonshine if emac didn't get injured? Would he have needed to? We may never have seen the best of barrass in our senior side.

Ditto re darling as I said but where was your instruction to go to the darling thread?

Reimers opinion is priddis is hindering the development of others on our list. If you don't agree with it state why but why try shut him down in here since he and every other player on list affects who we recruit and who we develop.

It's a valid point.

Emac was injured and barrass stepped up and got his opportunity which kept emac out of the side.
Would barrass have got his opportunity tonshine if emac didn't get injured? Would he have needed to? We may never have seen the best of barrass in our senior side.
KP position is a bit different. There are multiple mids in the team. Priddis doesn't stop Shuey performing why would he stop anyone else. All of the guys that were listed were just mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back