List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

What other information could WCE possibly have that every other club doesn’t that could see them deciding that the gap between Reid and the rest isn’t as big?

I would not say we have anymore info to suggest the gap isn’t that big.

I think the recruiters realise our list is generally poor and in real need of some young top end talent, which three picks or godfather offer would provide.

Taking one player for the next three years in the top 20 will take our rebuild a lot longer. The question we should be asking is Reid that much better than three picks in the 10? And since when does one player win premiership, it’s a team game with a long season.

I say all this with, if Norf don’t give us the godfather offer then **** it, JTR.

To me a no brainer trade is pick 20 for F2nd + pick 58.

1,20,23,37 and one of the NGA players with pick 81 is fine with me .

At 81 im okay with Hine-Baston myself based on his end of year form but hope is Collard gets left on the board... Dont see it though now Schultz is gone
No chance on Collard, Freo have 34 and will pounce

No chance on Collard, Freo have 34 and will pounce
Don't think he's a real need for us now we have Brockman & he would be risky to take at 23 as well if we take Reid at 1. If he's there at 37 then great we take him otherwise look at other options that are more pressing, like Key Defenders, as we already have an abundance of forwards.

Last edited:

Don't think he's a real need for us now we have Brockman & he would be risky to take at 23 as well if we take Reid at 1. If he's there at 37 then great we take him otherwise look at other options that are more pressing, like Key Defenders, as we already have an abundance of forwards.
I think you got Brockman for a steal. He played very well against North in round 3. He has a lot of tricks

If the go home concerns are real with Collard, and if that means Freo are likely the only team looking at him, then we can always look at trading up to jump them.

37 up to 33, points say a F4th is enough, but fair trades aren’t usually accepted for live trades. It is Collingwood so maybe our F3rd for their F4th.

I just hope we aren’t so fixated on the pick 1 split or no split dilemma that we don’t ignore both the opportunity of incremental pick improvement using late futures and the significant value our F1st and F2nd may hold and whether any teams want to look at those.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My point was that we could give up F1 while people have in their minds that it is guaranteed to be a top 2 pick, when really it could end up being pick 8. If we flip it now for Geelong's pick 8 and F1, theoretically we could be trading 2024 pick 8 for 2023 pick 8 & 2024 pick 7.

If we end up trading 1 to Norf for 2, 15, F1, I'd rather trade away our F1 as I'm pretty confident with us out performing them in 2024.
Pick 8 is 10/11 wins. We r not winning 10 games next year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

With so much talk about pick 1 in the national draft, Im interested if anyone knows anything about potential candidates for preseason draft? Think ROB must have someone special in mind having paid overs for Brockman.

My point was that we could give up F1 while people have in their minds that it is guaranteed to be a top 2 pick, when really it could end up being pick 8. If we flip it now for Geelong's pick 8 and F1, theoretically we could be trading 2024 pick 8 for 2023 pick 8 & 2024 pick 7.

If we end up trading 1 to Norf for 2, 15, F1, I'd rather trade away our F1 as I'm pretty confident with us out performing them in 2024.

Another rumour I have heard, and I repeat only a rumour (from a hawks supporter) is our F1st for 4 straight swap (4 becomes 5 or 6 obviously, but that is irrelevant).

We have been linked with pretty much 4 players at times - Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Curtin - Hawks pick guarantees one of them (and if it is live trade we and they get to decide if the one left is worth it).

I would prefer we don’t, but it isn’t the most horrendous of trades.

I think if we take pick one and grab Reid it’s more likely our future picks (F1 or F2) are shopped. With 5-7 local kids in the top 30 I think we would be mad not to grab a few seeing next years WA talent doesn’t look strong at this stage.

We aren’t frightened of recruiting from other states but it’s definitely a safer option grabbing talent locally if we can. Personally would like to see us grab 2-3 of the local boys it’s just a matter of positioning ourselves in the draft correctly.

Another rumour I have heard, and I repeat only a rumour (from a hawks supporter) is our F1st for 4 straight swap (4 becomes 5 or 6 obviously, but that is irrelevant).

We have been linked with pretty much 4 players at times - Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Curtin - Hawks pick guarantees one of them (and if it is live trade we and they get to decide if the one left is worth it).

I would prefer we don’t, but it isn’t the most horrendous of trades.

Nah.

Our F1 would get

Dee's 6 11
Crows would love it for Sid Draper next year. 10 14 F2.
GWS 7 16

We don't need pick 4 for Curtin if we are that much into him, which I don't think we are. I will fascinated come draft night if we have secured a pick around 6/7/8 whether it's Curtin we pick or o'sulivan. If norf had 2/3 they will take mckercher duursma. Hawks/Dogs/dees will take sanders/Watson/caddy in what ever order.

One of the next 4picks, GWS/cats/ess/crows, will be about the 3 defenders Curtin, O'Sullivan, Murphy. Arguably, only GWS doesn really need a defender now. The other three do.

I think if we take pick one and grab Reid it’s more likely our future picks (F1 or F2) are shopped. With 5-7 local kids in the top 30 I think we would be mad not to grab a few seeing next years WA talent doesn’t look strong at this stage.

We aren’t frightened of recruiting from other states but it’s definitely a safer option grabbing talent locally if we can. Personally would like to see us grab 2-3 of the local boys it’s just a matter of positioning ourselves in the draft correctly.
It's either we trade Reid or our F1. We can't afford to retain both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 8 is 10/11 wins. We r not winning 10 games next year.

I'd be happy with 5-7 wins next year and a top 1-3 pick, with a much better % indicating we aren't getting hammered in our loses. THat would show the desired improvement.

Exactly 💯

It's why I feel pick 1 will be trade to NM for 2, 15 and 18

If not, our F1 is guaranteed to go to the Crows for 10, 14, 20 and F1

Exactly 💯

It's why I feel pick 1 will be trade to NM for 2, 15 and 18

If not, our F1 is guaranteed to go to the Crows for 10, 14, 20 and F1

Prefer Reid this year, then wait for next year and split our first rounder then.

This year looks like a weak af draft where Reid is the standout pick. Next year should be either deeper or more even (or both!), cos it can't be any worse than this year, so a split then would make more sense to me.

I would not say we have anymore info to suggest the gap isn’t that big.

I think the recruiters realise our list is generally poor and in real need of some young top end talent, which three picks or godfather offer would provide.

Taking one player for the next three years in the top 20 will take our rebuild a lot longer. The question we should be asking is Reid that much better than three picks in the 10? And since when does one player win premiership, it’s a team game with a long season.

I say all this with, if Norf don’t give us the godfather offer then * it, JTR.
Taking Reid this year does not require us to take 1 top 20 player per year for 3 years.
we split last year and we could take Reid this year and split again next year. Over 3 years that could be at least 5 top 20 picks.

I think Reid could be a very good addition to the 3 recent top 20 picks and next years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back