List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, others will have to wait 8 years for their new gun draftees and by that stage they will have a super team!

McCartney is a f... Genuis. Wish we had him and his eye for talent!

tumblr_lqcw4e20sV1r0rmh8o1_500.gif

You are happy but most and including there own supporters understand that with FA coming in, the bulldogs have become the first feeder club in the AFL.

did i call this or what :D

Wonder if we could poke our head in while emotions are high and see if we can pry shiel out now. With griffen, they wont feel his loss so bad and our pick 12 plus a player will have weight now
If we ever wanted him, now is a very good opportunity.

About time we jumped into the ring!

Has Whiley from GWS said he wants to leave? We should be all over him and pitching our club as a number 1 destination for him.. 3rd rounder would get the deal done.

I actually like this deal for the Doggies, Getting a 28 year old player that has 4 years left and getting in 2 high 1st round draft picks for a player that may or may not leave as a FA when his contract is up and there is no guarantee's there will be a compo pick then.

Possibly McCartin & Weller for a 28 yo Griffin - Win for Doggies in my book

Be surprised he will still be on there list in 2 years. Has some major off field issues. I can see him quitting footy if it all gets to hard.

yep, you can see the wheels falling off him at some stage cant you

I actually like this deal for the Doggies, Getting a 28 year old player that has 4 years left and getting in 2 high 1st round draft picks for a player that may or may not leave as a FA when his contract is up and there is no guarantee's there will be a compo pick then.

Possibly McCartin & Weller for a 28 yo Griffin - Win for Doggies in my book

Lucky for the Bulldogs they have players happy to leave to win a premiership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

those same murmurs killed Dayle Garlett

I don't know how to say this politically correctly, but you would hope that we didn't go after him on the basis that his off-field discretions that you have heard mumurs about, and for no other reason.

Kid has talent, and the kid would fill a need.

Certainly the fact that a) the Demons were the only bidder (according to the discourse) and b) they gave away penauts to get him (there I go again, quoting Essendon) suggests that most if not all AFL clubs had reservations about his off-field behaviour.

Lucky for the Bulldogs they have players happy to leave to win a premiership!
Hahahahaha yep Griff is chasing the dream of a quick Premiership in his twilight years at a club that will struggle to keep anyone who wants to play for reasons other than money. Fair to say a flag is right around the corner for 28 year old Griff. And what a gentleman leaving the club for the good of the club.

Get a grip and stop sinking the boot into our club in every thread every chance you get. I am ****ing over it.

Hahahahaha yep Griff is chasing the dream of a quick Premiership in his twilight years at a club that will struggle to keep anyone who wants to play for reasons other than money. Fair to say a flag is right around the corner for 28 year old Griff. And what a gentleman leaving the club for the good of the club.

Get a grip and stop sinking the boot into our club in every thread every chance you get. I am ******* over it.

I love you Morro when you get angry. I bet your face turns red :p

Apparently the Dogs have proposed this. They are going to trade Griff to the GWS for a first round pick, and then get him back in 8 years when their premiership window is open.

Strategy devised by their new list management consultant....
Who's that? Mr Magic???

Get a grip and stop sinking the boot into our club in every thread every chance you get. I am ******* over it.
Are you quoting someone?

Seriously I may have them on ignore, I have been ignoring A lot of people on here lately.

Last edited:
Reading through this thread provides me with a huge sense of relief that you lot aren't working at the club. Garlett is a rubbish VFL standard player and has been for a while now. And that is just his football ability! He also has a littany of off field issues.

Yep, I'm spewing we missed out on a flashy, inconsistent, unstable crumbing forward.

The reality is, most of you are bored and want the excitement of a new acquisition for the long off season. Bring on the draft I say!

Reading through this thread provides me with a huge sense of relief that you lot aren't working at the club. Garlett is a rubbish VFL standard player and has been for a while now. And that is just his football ability! He also has a littany of off field issues.

lol

He kicked 43 goals in 2013. So some time = 1 bad season in which he didn't get much opportunity under a new coach vs numerous proven good seasons.

But yeah, I'm sure we can pluck a good character, speedy small forward who's capable of kicking 43 goals out of thin air. Piece of cake. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back