List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[We OTE="theflea, post: 35381206, member: 96345"]Did you edit my post? I didn't mention O'Keefe? Anyway you said the swans never beat up on anyone, so all I did was highlight this assertion was wrong.[/QUOTE]

We are talking about the 2014 Swans team , pros and cons, and why they got beat in the GF, including midfield composition. O'Keefe didn't play this year, that is what's relevant. So sure Swans won in 2012 with Okeefe but they had a different team then so that is apples and Oranges. I have highlighted I believe 2014 Swans weakness is their midfield as a group is too short. IMO not having O'Keefe like in 2012 supports this idea!

Apart from all that the 2012 GF was a close match which could have gone either way IMO so it couldn't be called a beat up surely!

Last edited:

KNEW IT!! All those sneaky pics of O'Rourke and Ellis meant something!! O'Rourke requests us, we don't budge on second rounder, goes through pre-season draft, BOOM!!! Top 4!!

There will be plenty of interest in him, so he's not going to fall to pick 10 in the PSD. I also don't see how a 20 year old kid that's played 9 games lifts us to top 4.

Unfortunately, from the sound of it we're not interested.

Only thing I want to see from next Monday is us trading out some fringe players and getting some picks inside the top 40. Outside that don't get involved in anything unless the offer is too good to refuse. Keep building the list without giving up any of our best 25-30 players and wait until next year when the FA pool is a lot more talented and there are some GWS kids coming out of contract who have actually shown something.

What about Robbie Tarrant from NMFC? I'm not saying he's up for trade or anything, but with his injury this year, the form of Brown and likely capture of Waite, he is suddenly 5th in the pecking order at North Melbourne

Although maybe not, can't believe he is 26 next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that throughout the free agency and trade period, every trade regardless of validity will require nope to be tagged.

I also have no idea how to tag.
Because its so fun just do @ nope but minus the space inbetween

Will work the same for any username

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly are the 'quality merchandise' that the other 17 clubs have gone through?

Heath Shaw to GWS? two top 10 draft picks and fell out of the 8.
Mumford? We have Maric.
Buddy? We obviously had no chance.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I really can't remember anything outstanding that would have benefited us in the long run. Or what we would have had to be overs for.
Well, Goddard, Dal Santo, Buddy, Clark, Tippett, Daisy, Shaw, Ryder, Frawley, Tyson, Ablett, Mumford, Caddy, Malceski, Crameri are just some of the big names off the top of my head to move clubs/look certain to move over the last few years and we haven't had a crack at any really.

What about Robbie Tarrant from NMFC? I'm not saying he's up for trade or anything, but with his injury this year, the form of Brown and likely capture of Waite, he is suddenly 5th in the pecking order at North Melbourne

Although maybe not, can't believe he is 26 next year!
39 games in 6yrs.Injury prone.Pass

Well, Goddard, Dal Santo, Buddy, Clark, Tippett, Daisy, Shaw, Ryder, Frawley, Tyson, Ablett, Mumford, Caddy, Malceski, Crameri are just some of the big names off the top of my head to move clubs/look certain to move over the last few years and we haven't had a crack at any really.

Tippett, Buddy and Ablett all negotiated deals within a season and were always going to go there. So you cannot count them.

Ryder wants to get out of Victoria. Cannot count him.

Tyson we did have a go at, so you cannot count him. We couldn't match Melbourne's offer.

Daisey was coming off a season long ankle injury which no one knew how he would respond, and in all reality has not been dominant at Carlton. Carlton payed over for him IMO.

Mitch Clarke hasn't played for 12+ or so months, is battling depression. A lot of risk involved. Plus, has always been injury prone.

Frawley wants to go to a top 4 team. Cannot count him.

Goddard I'm 50/50 on, Dal Santo will be 31 this season.

We didn't need Mumford. We have Maric.

Crameri maybe, but the Dogs offered him a huge contract that we couldn't/ shouldn't have matched or bettered.

Caddy picked out Geelong specifically, wanted to win straight away I believe he is quoted as saying.

And who is to say we haven't spoken to Malceski? Though I am of the view that we shouldn't be breaking the bank for someone who may only player 2 seasons and is 31 next season.

Understand what your point is, and on face value you are right. But the reality is we didn't have a chance at most because we are unwilling to be overs for players (and rightly so), are not successful enough to entice players who want success (hope this will change) or simply do not have the assets we are will to move to secure players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back