List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
We'll be in the same position in 2 years though.

Cap space is an extremely valuable commodity. GC and Freo have the picks and need the cap space. It's a trade off.

I'd much prefer to pay a fair chunk of Riolis and Boltons contracts for a couple of years and then look to take maximum advantage of trading cap space for picks when it is introduced rather than overpaying the existing players we already have (and have already accounted for their wages) and not be able to take full advantage of the new rule.

All good points but we could easily spread the cap space on the list. I’m just not convinced we will get better draft picks this hand if we tip cash in nor do I think we should be

Something we should definitely be looking into is the Bombers 2025 1st rounder.

Looking at their recent drafts they're in for a world of pain sooner rather than later.
Other than Caddy & Durham its pretty ordinary.

But I thought if we offered to pay part of his contract we would get lots of picks
Histoire Sceptic GIF by E.Leclerc

Is that what he’s doing?
In all probability, yes.

I'm not sure if you think that these scenarios are similar to the Treloar and Grundy deals, because they are the exact polar opposite of what's being proposed.

We'll never know if any salary cap relief is part of these deals as it's never disclosed, but it's fair to assume that something will be negotiated given the huge amount of TPP's being saved by all of the departures and retirements.

I'd like to hear your opinion on trading salary cap for picks, as this will more than likely be another mechanism introduced next year to enable clubs to build their lists.
I agree with Sir Loin to a point about paying a players salary at another club, has to be a last resort in negotiations and be really worth the deal.
My opinion on your question above, it is a bit different to paying salary to a player.
Paying a player come directly out of our pocket, we lose that money.
Trading salary cap means we reduce our cap, no money spent by us (a saving) while the other team increase their cap and pay the money out of their pocket.
They lose a pick and pay more money, while we fain a pick and keep more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all probability, yes.

I'm not sure if you think that these scenarios are similar to the Treloar and Grundy deals, because they are the exact polar opposite of what's being proposed.

We'll never know if any salary cap relief is part of these deals as it's never disclosed, but it's fair to assume that something will be negotiated given the huge amount of TPP's being saved by all of the departures and retirements.

Apologies mate I thought you were speaking on some sort of authority.

Of course TPP is messed around with. But the bang for buck is when you’re on the up not when you’re rebuilding. We’ve got some great kids keep them happy pay them don’t let the devils get their hands on them

What better pick is tipping in cash on their contracts going to get us? We have the upper hand. We don’t need to do anything like that to get the picks available. Make them do the work

It’s absolutely wild people would put cash on the table plus picks for these players when we hold all the cards

They have a salary cap. Reducing salary cap pressure means that they can either pay their current players more or trade/draft someone else (e.g. Warner). The $ provide flexibility, and perhaps allows the club (Freo/GC) to go harder for a title.

So by paying some of the traded players salary, or even all of it, we fix our salary cap problem (not paying enough) and fix their salary cap problem. All in return for us getting a better/another pick. So we are trading $ for picks.

We were never getting pick 6 and 13 for Daniel Rioli, no matter how much we paid :thumbsu:
If we arent getting at least that, walk away, simple.

If GC want to make finals, they need to pay overs for contracted gun HBFs, that would even want to live up there.

It's cheap really for GC, and the AFL wants GC in finals, they will compensate GC behind the scenes if need be.

They have a salary cap. Reducing salary cap pressure means that they can either pay their current players more or trade/draft someone else (e.g. Warner). The $ provide flexibility, and perhaps allows the club (Freo/GC) to go harder for a title.

So by paying some of the traded players salary, or even all of it, we fix our salary cap problem (not paying enough) and fix their salary cap problem. All in return for us getting a better/another pick. So we are trading $ for picks.

I get it mate and I really respect your opinion but we can spend that money on our list cementing the young players we want to keep when Tassie comes in.

Lock them in now Gale will take no prisoners

People will still find a way to blame the club for West Coast not submitting the papers.

A certain poster will do mental gymnastics and bring up Dimma's divorce again as being the centrepiece of the delay.

Dimmas dog got upset at the affair as the new chick doesnt feed him what he wants so he ate the paperwork

****ing dimma

We were never getting pick 6 and 13 for Daniel Rioli, no matter how much we paid :thumbsu:
A nice dream to have and we should be pushing as hard as we can for the best possible deal.
Personally I'm pretty happy with pick 6, particularly in this draft, anything extra is a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back