List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

100% Blair needs to go full Dodoro/Andrew Mackie style and just be a prick.
but it's not being a prick.

everyone wants contracted guns at their club, you just gotta pay overs to get them, otherwise they see out their commitment and you grab them FA.

It's all very normal.

Don't think GCS and the AFL can afford to wait until 2027 though - they need to pony up now.

I mean it's pretty obvious he will be traded. Don't even need this confirmation to know he's gone.

A rebuilding team ain't keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. Anyone here who suggests otherwise is delusional.
100% he is going
been packed for months now.

Twoomey is the only media member that talks straight these days.
Its refreshing.
He doesn't. He pushes an agenda, as seen by his leading questions to Walls yesterday, putting words in his mouth.

Yeah seems a good dude. Dresses like he's 25 years older than he is but a good dude all the same.
Good dude for an agenda-pushing shiteater.

See he wrote that Tauru is 'nicknamed The Flying Viking'? Yeah, by you, Cal!

He's better than most - certainly a better journo than anyone else at the AFL or the Murdoch or Crutchy stables.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to keep in mind not all draft picks work out, so a single pick for rioli could be a bust. Look at the taranto and hopper deals, 2 1st for each and I don't think any of the 4 have made a splash? So really, at one pick for rioli, or the two for Bolton with one a late 1st round, I think it's in our interested for both to stay, especially considering the leadership both provide. I support putting what we want on the table and walking away and focussing on the baker trade and packaging points for picks. Freo and GC can chase a premiership with Noble at half back.

Between a rock and a hard place with pick 9, can't really trade it into next year as they'll be in deficit to the tune of 800 pts having only pick 31 left.

Do they trade it for later picks this year and a F2? Pretty much the same boat
If the bid comes from StKilda, we could trade up to pick 9 with later picks.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

1728352104064.jpeg

He doesn't. He pushes an agenda, as seen by his leading questions to Walls yesterday, putting words in his mouth.

Good dude for an agenda-pushing shiteater.

See he wrote that Tauru is 'nicknamed The Flying Viking'? Yeah, by you, Cal!

He's better than most - certainly a better journo than anyone else at the AFL or the Murdoch or Crutchy stables.
Twomey and Beveridge are at least journalists.

campaigners like Barrett, Cornes, etc, are pundits. Nothing more.

If we arent getting at least that, walk away, simple.

If GC want to make finals, they need to pay overs for contracted gun HBFs, that would even want to live up there.

It's cheap really for GC, and the AFL wants GC in finals, they will compensate GC behind the scenes if need be.
Put the onus on them. 1 x top 5 pick for Rioli or he stays. Pick 6 now isnt good enough

Downside of Blair not giving the media anything, is that you get blokes like Calculating Cal Twomey advocating against us in the media.
I’m thinking that there’s no coincidence that Blair spoke to a group rather than exclusively to Twomey as was arranged for each club.

Not hard to see how these things work. Cal generally has the best info this time of year and you don’t get in that position without managers and clubs feeding him.

For weeks now he has been saying that the Shai trade should include the lesser of the three first rounders. At no point has he debated the value of it; it has repeatedly been ‘matter of factly’ stated 9 and 17 (10 and 18).

He is normalising that trade value. Him repeating it makes it sound like everyone’s accepted that value; it’s a fait accompli. We may see now that Richmond are the bad guys in this because we disagree; thanks to Cal it’s probably now assumed all round that 10 and 18 is the trade.

To me, Twomey is complicit, and I hope the club gives him nothing. We are the dominant factor this trade and draft period and I’m sure he’d love some stories, but I am hoping we freeze him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back