List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Brandon Ellis had 5 years @ $600k so more money and longer term and was AA u22 team every year also AA squad in the previous year yet we got far less than motlop and our Cuckold leadership said and did nothing.
Q: what exactly should the club have done?

I remember Barrett writing something about the compo being a rort.

nekminit we got stiffed

but we win another flag anyhow.

Last edited:
People need to understand that with Graham it was us or WCE, there was no real bidding war. Cumming had both Port & Adelaide bidding for him as well as GWS as well as getting a 6 year deal, which means he gets maximum value for that whereas Graham is on 4 years.

All that forces up his value therefore his compensation is higher than what 2e got for Graham. There is no conspiracy or secret herbs and spices involved, we got what Graham is valued at.

We'll use that pick in combination with others to get better picks either this year or next and will also be able to put more time into a younger and hopefully better player than Graham would have been.

Did you say the same when Ellis got us pick 40 when he signed a huge (at the time) 600k 5 year deal. Probably equates to 800k+ deal now.

1, 6, 11, 12, 14, 20, 24, 29, 75

Essentially we will be using 5/18 required picks to build the list and 7/4 2nd round picks have already been used since 2021.

Great way to begin the rebuild. We already have some other picks on some talent in Balta, Hopper, Taranto, Gibcus still on the list. Plus this is a super draft so you could make the argument for a 70% strike rate this year.

Summary Table with Strike Rate Percentages (2014–2023)

YearTeam1st Round Picks in Premiership TeamTotal 1st Round Picks (10 yrs)1st Round Strike Rate (%)2nd Round Picks in Premiership TeamTotal 2nd Round Picks (10 yrs)2nd Round Strike Rate (%)
2014Hawthorn91560%41233%
2015Hawthorn101662.5%51338.5%
2016Western Bulldogs41040%41233%
2017Richmond101855.6%41428.6%
2018West Coast81747%51533.3%
2019Richmond81844.4%31421.4%
2020Richmond61833.3%41428.6%
2021Melbourne71643.8%51338.5%
2022Geelong41428.6%21216.7%
2023Collingwood71643.8%41330.8%

The average wage next year is higher than $500k. No way Graham is moving across the country to a club courting him for below average wage.

Battle would be 6-years totalling probably $5m. Perryman much the same. Cumming a 6-year deal totalling probably $4.2m which was band-2.

So I’d say given Graham is getting $2.4m, Band-3 starts at $2,400,000.01

I thought weeks ago band-3 was no chance and it’d be band-4. I got convinced it was band-3 by posters in here … so it’s what i thought originally, but based on other compo I feel the CFL have gone it with no lube.

Farked over with Ellis and now farked over with Graham. What on earth did we do to the AFL in the hub? Wowsers!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We won 3 flags ...we weren't supposed to do that ....AFL didn't like it ..it's been payback time since

Q: what exactly should the club have done?

At minimum called the AFL dishonest and corrupt and their formula a complete and utter farce. What other explanation is there for more years, more money, landing inferior compensation. EBA was going up roughly 10% p/a so surely Motlop would've needed $660k @ 5 years to just be level pegging with Ellis compo. $500k @ 4 years is massively < Ellis therefore compo had to be less than. Back then they said they were factoring in AA, bnf finishes....... position drafted. Eddie Betts went to Adelaide and Carlton got ZERO compensation bc they said he was a rookie pick. Tigers leadership are a pack of spineless wonders and will cop the Graham compo farce same as everything else. Eddie McGuire would've already blown a gasket an hour ago.

So there are 7+ players 25yo+ per club on better contracts than Graham's newly signed Free Agency deal.

But ther is NOT 1.2 players 25yo+ per club on better deals than Harry Perryman and Josh Battle.

And there are NOT 3.5 players 25yo+ per club on more than Isaac Cumming.

By official player ratings Cummings, Graham and Perryman are similarly performed players over their careers.

So either Graham is not as good as he once was or is generally expected to deteriorate more rapidly than the others, OR

Graham was not genuinely in our best 22 in recent years, OR

Richmond has not offered him a good enough contract to retain him, which in the case of the club believing he is a best 22 player indefinitely would be a pretty bad list management error, OR

The AFL has rorted Richmond with the FA compensation, and/or we have the astonishing situation where Battle and Ferrymen are in the top 1.2 paid players 25yo+ per club in the AFL, and Cumming is in the top 3 per club.

Yep, who knows, maybe next year Eagles feel better where their list is at and offer us a high 1st rounder for Bolton.

(If they lose out on Warner) lots can happen in 12 months.
Freo implode again without Bolton.
Comes too us with an open blank draft pick book next year.

on trade radio they are saying collingwood are getting pick 13 and 23 for noble and if we only get pick 6 and whatever i would walk away from the deal noble has achieved nothing not even a premiership player rioli a reigning b&f and triple premiership player and fold coast want to low ball us
Wouldn't be too fussed with what trade radio says, I'll believe it when its final. If we can't get pick 13 with pick 6 then pick 23 is logical to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not correct

Read what I wrote poindexter. I said what did the club say after the Motlop compensation a year later? Gale rightly bitched and moaned after the Ellis compo..... they then explained the parameters to justify our compo. Motlops contract was inferior in every category yet resulted in a superior pick. That's when the club should've gone berserk throwing their insipid justification in their face, demanding the ledger be squared up.

on trade radio they are saying collingwood are getting pick 13 and 23 for noble and if we only get pick 6 and whatever i would walk away from the deal noble has achieved nothing not even a premiership player rioli a reigning b&f and triple premiership player and fold coast want to low ball us
It's not 13 and 23 for Noble. It's 13 and 23 for Noble + F1 and I reckon Pies will have to add something else into that deal to get it over the line too.

So there are 7+ players 25yo+ per club on better contracts than Graham's newly signed Free Agency deal.

But ther is NOT 1.2 players 25yo+ per club on better deals than Harry Perryman and Josh Battle.

And there are NOT 3.5 players 25yo+ per club on more than Isaac Cumming.

By official player ratings Cummings, Graham and Perryman are similarly performed players over their careers.

So either Graham is not as good as he once was or is generally expected to deteriorate more rapidly than the others, OR

Graham was not genuinely in our best 22 in recent years, OR

Richmond has not offered him a good enough contract to retain him, which in the case of the club believing he is a best 22 player indefinitely would be a pretty bad list management error, OR

The AFL has rorted Richmond with the FA compensation, and/or we have the astonishing situation where Battle and Ferrymen are in the top 1.2 paid players 25yo+ per club in the AFL, and Cumming is in the top 3 per club.
I believe we matched the longevity of his contract, I wonder how far off were we with the $$$. We must have offered so little that WC could still come in cheaper than any of the other compo situations.

I was told years ago that the compo table is fluid, the needle shifts with every deal and re-signing, so we had a good number of guys drop off, as did WC, so again it just seems all a bit odd.

Last edited:
For all those still sooking (and making stuff up), it's not just us. Adam Tomlinson went to Dees on a 4-year deal for around the same coin 5 years ago and GWS got end of 2nd round compo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back