List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why some if these deals couldn't be done in the first day.

Week and a half haggling for hacks and future 3rd picks. Surely most of these trades can be done over a 5 minute phone call.

thinking the doco is less hoop dreams and more come dine with me

Not sure why some if these deals couldn't be done in the first day.

Week and a half haggling for hacks and future 3rd picks. Surely most of these trades can be done over a 5 minute phone call.
List managers will literally delay for the sole purpose of getting a better deal. Regardless of the pedigree of the player. It's so stupid.

I'd imagine the AFL would be keen to see a bombshell trade happen for their little doco. I hope we approached them with the offer of making a big fish trade if they'd give us the extra salary cap. You know. To do them a favour for their doco...

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

I think the great “lie” of trade week is the idea that it’s supposed to be interesting, something worth following closely and full of intrigue…

In reality it’s just a week and a half window for clubs to hash out and submit trades; time they actually legitimately need to haggle with each other and plan, or change previously made plans.

The media being all over it makes it seem like something big and crazy should be happening and keeping us entertained, but it rarely does. It’s not supposed to.

We don’t help ourselves by checking for news every five minutes and thus it feels like a massive let down. Would be better just to check once a day…
Our obsession with American-ising everything, particularly Australian football has some very dodgy side effects. We are a unique sport in a tiny market and the game evolved the way it did because of its unique origins. Not every American system of growing the game is going to fit like a glove. If it smells bad it's probably because it is bad.

Trade week is full of delicious rumours, innuendo, scuttlebutt, backstabbing and tribalism. And that's just Collingwood. The AFL media go from turning a silk purse into a sow's ear with little accountability.

Loyalty has been the big casualty of everything being about eyeballs.

Will the afl learn from this shitshow of painfully long trade week?
No becouse they are dumbcampaigners.
Allowing clubs to trade picks after free deadline has contributed to the shitshow as well.

Allowing clubs to trade picks after free deadline has contributed to the shitshow as well.
This.

Also, the gap between trade period and the Draft us ridiculously long. I understand this year it's due to year 12 exams and Covid but it's too long historically as well.

Should be within a week of each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underwhelming end to trade month...
644beb9be3341f3a464ff9130de8600b.gif

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Trade period should just run until the day before the season, let clubs trade picks and players live at the draft and continue after.
Clubs trade anyone anywhere under contract but players are free agents as soon as the contract is up none of this compo bullshit

There you go i fixed trade week

This.

Also, the gap between trade period and the Draft us ridiculously long. I understand this year it's due to year 12 exams and Covid but it's too long historically as well.

it’s always because of year 12 exams. They run from last week of October to mid November and the draft is usually around 25th.

This.

The delay for the draft also means that the 1st year players get a delayed start to pre-season as well.
You'd think that you'd want to give them as much chance as possible to get their body ready for their 1st year.

As for the trade period... probably the most boring one in over a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back