List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course

12 alone is more than enough for taranto

we are getting reamed if we give 19 as well for him
Eh if we get a future second back that's likely going to be between 21 and 25 then it's not a big deal.
Especially if this draft is as shallow as the experts are claiming.

You'll live mate.

Eh if we get a future second back that's likely going to be between 21 and 25 then it's not a big deal.
Especially if this draft is as shallow as the experts are claiming.

You'll live mate.
we wont get one though

we wont get one though
The news report literally says a future pick is likely coming back.
I understand you want us to win on every deal, but getting them done early in the trade period is just as important.

I understand you want us to win on every deal, but getting them done early in the trade period is just as important.
media has never been wrong

The point is clubs are getting fleeced by them. Take Dangerfield for example, in that same year they traded a future first to Carlton for Lachie Henderson. Had they had their time over again Adelaide aren't taking any calls without two picks being on the table.

Danger was a free agent, Cats had higher pick then crows were gonna get compo pick. The crows threatened to match and a 1st rounder was the compromise.

But I agree now you’d expect two picks, but you can’t grade it on today’s expectations.

Disagree. Maybe by the average fan they weren't considered bad but me much like yourself doesn't value draft picks* (outside the top 10 at the very least) over middle aged established players and to get two guns in Dangerfield and Cameron for late first round picks is absurd. Their easy to deal as they keep getting good deals. They weren't so easy to deal with in 2018 when Kelly requested a trade home and they knocked back all offers.

*unless rebuilding.

I think we mostly agree here, I just think Geelong got the deals done whatever the costs. I respect that.

I have no problem with Kelly trade either and see it at as no different to us when CCJ and Higgins jumped ship. Both clubs were a bit peeved they wanted out (rightly or wrongly) and stood their ground to get as much value as possible. And I think the reputation for fairness let’s you get away with stubbornness on trades when you need to pull it out.

But usually both clubs let a player go who has better opportunities elsewhere.

Im not overly fussed if we do cough up all our picks for Hopper and Taranto but GWS also have Hill and Braun leaving. They are in the same position as us last year where we had too many picks, not enough list spots and those picks lose value. So somewhere we need to be getting at least one if not two decent second rounders (top 40) back.

Yep we will probably get something back. Honestly feels like trading Pokémon cards with the special kid at school. ;)

Little s**t wanted to be named the number 1 pick and didn’t want them to bid on Daicos. Talked about being loyal and competitor and then he’s out the door after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Number one pick gets $10k bonus. That's why he wanted it.

Little s**t wanted to be named the number 1 pick and didn’t want them to bid on Daicos. Talked about being loyal and competitor and then he’s out the door after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowtown baby

So, if we are giving up Picks 12 and 19 (21) for Taranto and GWS want more than our first first and a pick 30 for Hooper then....we may need to find a player to trade to them or a player to move clubs to get us an early pick. The problem with this is that very few players actually WANT to move away from Richmond. We have established too strong and inviting a culture so everyone want to come here but no one really wants to leave. Even Ellis, CCJ, Butler, Higgins and Chol had to be lured with significant contracts and were all on the cusp of selection and not guaranteed game time (yes even B.Ellis by the end).

Graham is a prime example of this - even though he knows that he is going to be moved down the midfield priority order he'd still rather take his chances here than take a given spot in another team, even one from his home state. Speaks volumes of the club and why we are now joined Geelong ans Sydney as the most desirable clubs in the league to play at.

He’ll still be picked with Rioli, Prestia, Balta Dusty, Cotchin, lynch, grimes Riewoldt the first magnets on the board it’ll just be floating half forward. Swapping on ball. Why does the ****ing hyenas of the media let us on this board can’t see that ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

pretty sure I heard somewhere that GWS aren't interested in pick 30.

Well good. We r not interested in losing Soldo but I guess here we are. Getting pretty greedy with a future first , pick 30 and a premiership ruckman

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t reckon we get a second back

We can lose all our picks this year and wouldnt care if we land these two we are in it upto our eyeballs next year, we took 5 picks last year then you got idiots like buckawho saying s**t like we are in trouble with this trade need to take kids lol, the hate is real, love it. \m/

Our weakness next year will be the backline it’s shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back