List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the Tigercast show tonight it seems the possible targets are Dunkley, Mcgrath and Hopper.
People have been a little unsure about Hopper but he is a copycat Prestia imo, with his stats very similar in past seasons at a comparable age. I just wonder if he has peaked or still has some wiggle room to improve. I would love to see him come over in his current state, and would be ecstatic if he were to improve slightly whilst not compromosing our team first approach.

T.Thomas is a jet but i feel he'll still hang around.

If we can get Dunkley to the Tiges without compromising our draft position too much that would be fantastic.
Thomas is overrated and proved nothing. Don’t need him
Hopper or Taranto is the type of mids we need or even Rayner.

I think he will. He’s not keeping anyone out of the side and he is still dangerous. He took a mark on the weekend that would have been the sealer that shows he still has spring in his legs and we know he is as smart as any player out there.

He is going at 2 goals a game and has the chance to cash in against a few of the weaker opposition defences in the run home.

If he kicks 40+ this year having missed a couple of games we would be mad to let him walk away
On performance I agree but its other opportunities that have been presented to him for the future that he pushed back on last year aswell but may not be there if he waits any longer...

Based on the Tigercast show tonight it seems the possible targets are Dunkley, Mcgrath and Hopper.
People have been a little unsure about Hopper but he is a copycat Prestia imo, with his stats very similar in past seasons at a comparable age. I just wonder if he has peaked or still has some wiggle room to improve. I would love to see him come over in his current state, and would be ecstatic if he were to improve slightly whilst not compromosing our team first approach.

If we can get Dunkley to the Tiges without compromising our draft position too much that would be fantastic.
Hopper and a player under 22 who can play multiple positions was what he said. And he was on the big side physically. Let the speculation begin.

Because in 2021 Thomas played 21 games, average 18 touches, 3 clearances and kicked 24 goals. A great season by a 3rd year player with less than 50 games.

He’s had a shocker in 2022 due to injury, personal reasons, Noble having lost the players and God knows what else. But his 2021 is miles ahead of anything RCD has produced.
Thomas has also had much more opportunity to play seniors in a shit team
Riley averaged 14.7 disposals and 3.3 clearances a game in 2021, playing out of position.
Other than the goal tally, it's not a huge gulf in difference

Does anyone actually still believe any of these rumors? Has thrown out a dozen names in the last 3 years and not one of them has been any chance of landing. #throwingdarts

Does anyone actually still believe any of these rumors? Has thrown out a dozen names in the last 3 years and not one of them has been any chance of landing. #throwingdarts
If the salary cap rumours about GWS are on the money Sol, we’d be a huge chance of landing a midfielder from them I’d reckon.
And before anyone says it, it won’t be Tom Green as he and Callaghan are the last players they’re going to release

If the salary cap rumours about GWS are on the money Sol, we’d be a huge chance of landing a midfielder from them I’d reckon.
And before anyone says it, it won’t be Tom Green as he and Callaghan are the last players they’re going to release
what about Green though, massive chance ;)

Following on from what Tiger 71 said, it all makes sense. Need a ready made midfielder and Hopper could be a bargain, won’t have the bidding war you would with Taranto as he has been injured all year.

In terms of Rioli, hope we keep him as he is a big part of our culture and is and will continue to be a leader for our indigenous players and any we recruit in the future. However if he did decide to take a big offer from Gold Coast it could work out for us. They have a lot to trade with so we would get a good deal as they need experience and not picks, I’d ask for their first this year and I think that would be reasonable for both clubs. Also, we do have depth and potential when it comes to running half backs in Hugo, Mansell, Brown and Short could go back there if we bolster our midfield.
Again I hope he stays, but it could be an opportunity for us to get a good midfielder or draft a good young key forward. You have to lose something to get something.

Yep they’ll prioritise those two and be prepared to lose either TT hopper or both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was on the money with lynch and Prestia
The whole world knew Lynch was going to either Richmond or Collingwood.

Good on the boys on that podcast for putting their balls on the line with their predictions or whispers from those supposedly in the know. It gives people something to talk about at least. The strike rate hasnt been great though in recent times.

Was on the money with lynch and Prestia

The names he said last couple of years were later reported by the media. When we really wanted them we were out bid. One thing the Tigers have is a limit to the amount they will spend.

Otherwise it was interest, and we just wouldn't spend the picks/$ to make it happen.

Yes Tiger71 is pretty noisy and acclaims himself. But he is not usually wrong.

We always have to remember that
1) we are playing a game of many moving parts. We want 1 good mid for a good price. So we have to ask 3, 6 or 10 to find who is good for the price we want to pay. So there are multiple names that genuinely are in the conversation. An sometimes the ones we really want are also ones other teams want - in fact pretty much always. Some teams don't have a limit to their offers compared to us. So often we went as hard as we could, but others went harder.
2) We have a list that we want to keep together. We have kids to keep and Dusty to pay. If we can transition from a multiple premiership team that got old to a contending team without any serious down time it's a first. That requires keeping a lot of moving parts in motion and under control at the same time. And the salary cap is a huge issue that we have to manage.

I suppose it’s all just speculation, even from journos who allegedly have inside information.
When it comes to trading I’d imagine lots of scenarios are floated throughout the season and at seasons end. Only a very small percentage ever eventuate.
Don’t think there’s any issues with posters throwing it out there though, fills in the spaces of a long season

So we are getting Hopper , Tarryn Thomas & Tim Toranto

cool

So we are getting Hopper , Tarryn Thomas & Tim Toranto

cool
Tim Torana !
3073312307_8afdfd2aef.jpg

The whole world knew Lynch was going to either Richmond or Collingwood.

Good on the boys on that podcast for putting their balls on the line with their predictions or whispers from those supposedly in the know. It gives people something to talk about at least. The strike rate hasnt been great though in recent times.
True however bare in mind that just because we re interested in a said target doesnt mean others arent either , being keen is just the first step beyond that we re competing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back